CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I know it's not a huge amount of time but you think I would be over it by now it wasn't all that bad but I was sandwiched in between two cars. I consider myself kind of lucky that I saw the person coming so I braced myself but now when someone gets too close I just kinda freak out inside you know?

I mean I was already a nervous wreck before but it's little things like that that make me so different than what I was and it sucks. Making turns without a light also gives me huge anxiety. I hate driving tbh

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide, Scribble Fan, FuneralCry and 2 others
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Sounds like you suffered some serious PTSD.

I've never been in the situation you were in, but i've been on the wrong end of a few fights that resulted in heavy head concussions, and to this day i still find myself getting nervous and anxious in many social situations.

I'd recommend Cognitive Behavior Therapy if it's easily available to you? a good therapist can help you un-learn certain trains of thought that result in feeling the way you do. It could really help.

Wishing you well

Reactions: CatLove56
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
its ok :hug: im making supper so i cant search for it right now, but a bit ago i made a post here about an accident i got into, im still working myself through it but ive gotten a lot better. still panic at times though. :hug::heart: sadly healing takes time

Reactions: CatLove56
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Damn, I'm really sorry about that.
I think you shouldn't drive for some time.

Some years ago, my bro's ex wife had a car accident (and my nephew was in the car too) but fortunately, they were not hurt.
However, it took her 1 year to recover and drive again.

I guess time might heal all your wounds and traumas.

Hope you can feel better soon!

Hugs,

Matt

Reactions: AnnonyBox
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Events like that can really affect us especially as we can't forget anything. You are bound to be nervous. I can't drive and the thought of it scares me honestly.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and AnnonyBox
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I know it's not a huge amount of time but you think I would be over it by now it wasn't all that bad but I was sandwiched in between two cars. I consider myself kind of lucky that I saw the person coming so I braced myself but now when someone gets too close I just kinda freak out inside you know?

I mean I was already a nervous wreck before but it's little things like that that make me so different than what I was and it sucks. Making turns without a light also gives me huge anxiety. I hate driving tbh
I took me months to mentally get over a bad wreck I was in. I was nervous about being in a car for a while. I should have been killed the wreck was so bad but due to the type of car I only had a broken knuckle.