S

solenoid

Mar 14, 2024
I hear stories of those who, in spite of a tragedy happening to them, found purpose and found life worth living.

Recovery from an illness can give purpose, a car accident can force us to reconsider how frail we are.

I sometimes wish for that to happen, so that I would have a force majeure compelling me to change. In other words, a forced sacrifice that would push me to redeem myself.

I know it sounds foolish and ungrateful, and I apologise if this seems insensitive to those who have gone through such events.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

• Hugs
Reactions: iloveduster and etherealspring
etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
ive thought about this before too. but i always feel guilty about it

Reactions: solenoid
D

dimgobaith

Jun 17, 2024
I've wished my tyre would burst at high speed on an empty motorway, I've wished for cancer or a brain haemorrhage a bad fall from a horse that I never wake up from

iloveduster

iloveduster

Jan 21, 2024
Yeah, I always wish that something horrible would happen to me. Recently I had the experience of losing consciousness at the hospital while giving blood. I was told that if I was unconscious for 3 more seconds, I would've died. Oh how peaceful that unconsciousness was. I wish I stayed in that peace forever. Sadly they "saved" me and I'm still alive. I just hope to get out of this nightmare asap.

U

undecided

Student
Aug 25, 2023
I had cancer. They removed it. I wish they hadn't found it.

Beyond_Repair

Beyond_Repair

Disheartened Ghost
Oct 27, 2023
I wish frequently that the world would end suddenly. Like from a meteor, or nuclear bomb, and everything is over in an instant.

I know it's selfish but nobody would be around to miss anything anyway

Reactions: undecided
U

undecided

Student
Aug 25, 2023
Sorry to hear that. Did the world start looking different once you got diagnosed?
Not at all. I hoped it had spread to other organs and I would die. Sadly, it wasn't to be and I'm still here. Never mind, it could still come back.