WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
Hi all, I never think of posting a thread but I can feel my end is closer than ever.

When I was looking for a cheap online VPS service (remote computer) to host my bot I coded, the service turned out to be a scam and I lost the money on the card I had stupidly attached and since that was the only money I had, I also lost all the other services I hosted files on which were game servers, websites and more.

In the heat of the moment realizing I had just lost all of my hard work I spent almost a year on to some professional seemingly established looking scam site, I destroyed my computer and equipment so I didn't have to deal with my community falling apart and explain what happened, and now I have nothing but my iPad left.

This was undoubtedly the stupidest most regrettable thing I've ever done and now I can't stop thinking about CTBing, which I had originally planned for the end of 2021 but now I feel like doing it by the end of this month. I've made so many terrible decisions lately.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Regen, Wrennie, NodusTollens and 13 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
I don't know if this will make anything better given the PC destruction but Was it a credit or debit card ? Credit should almost always reimburse for a scam and debit might as well. Gift card or reloadable card probably going to be shit out of luck

Reactions: WatermelonMel, patheticpartner, Meditation guide and 3 others
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
That's so bad. Try to let water go under the bridge, let's what's gone not bother you, and try to salvage what you can, without holding onto expectations that it will be exactly the same. You can find the same levels of satisfaction again. Don't feel bad for being scammed, it's literally happened to everyone, and they're getting more persistent and sophisticated all the time

Reactions: NodusTollens, WatermelonMel, patheticpartner and 4 others
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I don't know if this will make anything better given the PC destruction but Was it a credit or debit card ? Credit should almost always reimburse for a scam and debit might as well. Gift card or reloadable card probably going to be shit out of luck
It was a gift card, and the only money I've gotten from Christmas since I'm unemployed. Thinking of getting a job when (or if) this COVID stuff settles down and hopefully I can get a good computer again.

Thanks for all the support guys, it has made me feel less shitty

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie and NodusTollens
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Getting a forced break can actually feel pretty cathartic. Not just in a "I'm not bothered that it's gone" way, but more "it feels good that it's gone". The feeling of having an obligation lifted from you, even if it's an obligation you enjoyed carrying. Not sure how to better explain it.

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
What was the bot ofr if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like you've got some skills if you can code a bot.