BroodingBleu

BroodingBleu

MtF
Feb 16, 2023
Today was a pretty rough day. Not only have I been experiencing one of my biggest lows ever, but I lost all desire to take care of myself nor carry on taking my medications.

While at work, I was scolded by my supervisors for issues entirely out of my control (and can't even change due to inaccubility) which isn't snyrhing new anyways. However, I made a terrible mistake and mentioned my spike in sick leave usage, telling them I was suffering from bipolar disorder and was trying to figure it out.

This is a death sentence career-wise in my profession, and frankly, if I lose this job before having anything to go to, I will have nothing left to keep me from CTB as its one of my only motivations.

The job provides me the ability to impact other's which is my inly desire on this planet. With out this job I'll have nothing to hold me back.

Thinking about it now, I don't even know if that makes me sad or worried anymore. After that I strongly considered going straight to the hospital and checking myself in, but obviously that would yield the same result. Not sure what to do anymore.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: redisblue, CTB Dream, leeloosnow and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That sounds really stressful. I'm sorry. CAN they even fire you because of bipolar though? That sounds like grounds for unfair dismissal. Or- are you worried they will now start looking for other grounds? Maybe time to try and be as exemplary of an employee as possible. I hope they surprise you and turn out supportive.

Actually- it kind of irritates me. Employers make some big thing out of being non discriminatory- equal opportunities- but I don't get the impression they are all that favourable to depression related issues. Kind of odd considering it's so prevalent.

• Love
Reactions: BroodingBleu and d3c96524be95
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you suffer like this, it must be really tiring what you have to go through, and I get that it certainly can be so awful when life just continues to get worse, but anyway I wish you the best of luck.

• Love
Reactions: BroodingBleu
hunterthompson

hunterthompson

Feb 12, 2023
I'm sorry yesterday was so hard for you, I understand why you think this might be a screw up but you have so many resources if you're fired for your illness. I doubt many employers would even try to do something like that. Just try to do your best at work and I'm sure they'll be grateful for that.

• Love
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Today was a pretty rough day. Not only have I been experiencing one of my biggest lows ever, but I lost all desire to take care of myself nor carry on taking my medications.

While at work, I was scolded by my supervisors for issues entirely out of my control (and can't even change due to inaccubility) which isn't snyrhing new anyways. However, I made a terrible mistake and mentioned my spike in sick leave usage, telling them I was suffering from bipolar disorder and was trying to figure it out.

This is a death sentence career-wise in my profession, and frankly, if I lose this job before having anything to go to, I will have nothing left to keep me from CTB as its one of my only motivations.

The job provides me the ability to impact other's which is my inly desire on this planet. With out this job I'll have nothing to hold me back.

Thinking about it now, I don't even know if that makes me sad or worried anymore. After that I strongly considered going straight to the hospital and checking myself in, but obviously that would yield the same result. Not sure what to do anymore.
Fwiw your profile picture is really dope... hope all goes well for you...

• Love