heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
I'm trying to fix my life by currently applying for jobs but suddenly, my mom is asking about my general clearance or graduation application. Here's the thing, I've lied about college for six years and haven't told anyone. I've already opened up my difficulties in college to my mom back when I shifted course. I skipped one semester and told her the reason why I did that. She didn't take it well and forced me to go back to college so I never bothered to open up to her again. I re-enrolled but also skipped because of the anxiety I was getting and up until now they don't know.

I have no idea why she needs the clearance or graduation application. She said she basically needs something that says even "processing for graduation" status. I'm not sure why she needs this because if she was ever suspicious of me she would have been mad the second time I made an excuse. I've been making an excuse for 2 days saying how crappy the university site is (which is true). I even told her that I can offer to go to the university to have our department check it, though of course I would lie about it saying it doesn't work for them either because the servers are down. She basically ignored it which is weird? Like, that's better proof for what she's asking for but she kept insisting that I show it instead.

She lives in Australia so I don't know if this is some requirements for her visa? I tried looking it up in case she's also getting child visa for me since I'm over 18 and under 25, dependent. But it says nothing about requiring anything related to graduation at all. Another one that would require it is a student visa but we won't really ask for that. Obviously, I am not regularly talking to her because I hate her so I don't know what's happening with her. She filed a divorce last time I've heard but I have no idea if that has anything to do with needing my graduation application?

I feel like she is looking for proof that I really am going to graduate but I don't know what could have triggered that because last week she just congratulated me for applying for call center so that took away the attention for waiting for my graduation application. She also hasn't seen me for years so she's the least suspicious about my studies. In fact, my other family members who live with me should be more suspicious. I've tried looking through my family's conversations with her and no mention of why sheneeds this or any suspicion about me.

She's also not getting mad when I've said tons of excuses up until now but I think she'll blow up tomorrow. I've made another excuse saying I can't have the university check it now since it's holy week here and my university hasn't really allowed face to face classes/appointments yet(which is true) so I only have until next week until she finds out I guess.

Not gonna lie, I'm scared. I don't ever want to tell my family why I stopped college. I plan to get a job first and when I've moved out that's when I'll tell them everything. It's so hard to say it to them right now and I don't want them to find out because they will force me to go back. I already hate on myself every single day and they'll add onto that? I'll really break. I'm just so scared and I don't know what to do. I couldn't even CTB this week because it's holy week and my family has even stopped me from going to interviews because of it. It's so risky to try and CTB this week because I'll be at home until Sunday so my family might immediately find me.

I want to leave already but it's impossible to immediately get a job next week. I won't be able to prepare for my interviews like this if she keeps asking. I don't know what to do I'm so fucking scared. I don't have friends I could stay over with. I've been planning before to just stay in cheap love hotels but god I don't know if I'll even have the money to survive out there alone while applying for a job.

edit: typo

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches, CloseFriendofCamus, OldDrummer and 1 other person
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Love hotels ? You in japan or Korea ?

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Philippines. Not sure if that's what it's actually called lol

Yeh that's a good term for it. In japan or Korea it's love hotel. In Thailand in English it's more usually called "short time room".

I've used love hotels before but only once as a place to live . It's fun if you like voyeurism with the audio .

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really stressful what you are going through. I'm sorry that you are suffering. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

Reactions: CelestialGoddess
Red Scare

Red Scare

Wizard
Mar 1, 2022
So you'd rather die, than be truthful?

Have you ever heard, the saying the truth will set you free?

Could be liberating to get it off your chest, and let the chips fall where they may. They can't physically force you to go back to school.

Reactions: Cathy Ames, OldDrummer and CelestialGoddess
heirofvoid

heirofvoid

Dec 20, 2021
So you'd rather die, than be truthful?

Have you ever heard, the saying the truth will set you free?

Could be liberating to get it off your chest, and let the chips fall where they may. They can't physically force you to go back to school.
i already said in the post that i have opened up to them before and they did not take it well. Yes, they can't physically force me to go back to school but they can just do it verbally with constant scolding which will again take a toll on my mental health.

I'd rather die than tell them why I dropped out of college. They'd take that well than me lying about it for 6 years.

• Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide