• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

rntmss

rntmss

Taking it one day at a time
Feb 7, 2020
Sorry for the long-winded story, but this kind of brought my spirits up. I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Today, I logged into my email account from middle school. I was going through my contacts and saw so many people I haven't talked to or seen in almost 2 decades.

I came across one of my dearest friend's account. I immediately reached out. Me and her were pretty close through 7th and 8th grade, but slowly grew apart as we went to different schools. We'd still talk from time to time when she'd pop on Facebook or MSN Messenger. She eventually deleted her Facebook account and MSN Messenger just wasn't a thing anymore. We just stopped talking.

A couple of years ago, I ran into her outside a sports event downtown. She didn't recognize me at first because this was almost 15 years since we last saw each other and I was 100 lbs heavier and had a beard...but her face lit up as soon as I mentioned my name. It was so nice to see her again. Turned out, she went to find one of my social media accounts later that night but I never got the message until weeks later because of my privacy settings.

I responded but she was never active on the account since.

So I wrote her an email today saying that I was trying to catch up with old friends and I missed her.

I am so hopeful that she'll respond. I hope she doesn't think I'm trying anything romantic because our friendship was very platonic. We were just two sports loving kids.

It felt so nice to think that I might talk to one of my oldest friends again.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: alexK, Myforevercharlie, Eridanos and 6 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I'm proud of you! It couldn't have been easy to do that. I know I wouldn't have the guts to do so!

Good luck. I hope she writes back and please let us know! :heart:

Reactions: Sensei and Abaigh
rntmss

rntmss

Feb 7, 2020
I'm proud of you! It couldn't have been easy to do that. I know I wouldn't have the guts to do so!

Good luck. I hope she writes back and please let us know! :heart:
I hope she still uses that account! I will definitely finish the story if there is one!

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I hope she still uses that account! I will definitely finish the story if there is one!
I have my fingers and toes crossed!!!

Reactions: arposandra
O

Otter

Experienced
Feb 10, 2020
There is a website called truepeoplesearch.com and I have been able to find several High School classmates for a class reunion. It's free as long as you don't click on any of the names in the bottom boxes that redirect you to another site. Just stay on the top boxes when the names appear. It lists possible addresses, ph numbers, email adds. I'm in the US so I don't know if it works in Canada, but good luck!

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Good luck, it's so nice to get reignited with old friends. You shared so many memories and stories together when you were younger, let us know how it goes :heart:

rntmss

rntmss

Feb 7, 2020
She responded! She wants to catch up! This is quite the light in my darkest time.

:smiling:

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, LittleJem, Eridanos and 1 other person
rntmss

rntmss

Feb 7, 2020
This has been such a good experience. I literally didn't think she even remembered who I was... and here she is asking me things that I didn't even talk to her about. For example: she knew I got married. She knew that I moved from the suburbs that we went to school in and into the city. Someone's been keeping tabs on me...
Not going to lie: knowing that a friend who I haven't had a meaningful conversation with in over a decade still checked up on me from time to time really makes me happy.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem and the box is empty