ShotgunShell

ShotgunShell

go kitty go kitty
Mar 20, 2023
Sorry if wrong board- I'm still crying for some reason, so I just need to throw this somewhere.

I finally did it- I reached out for help. I've been skipping a bunch of my classes due to depression and issues with my family as of recent and one of my professors reached out. Asked if they could help, etc. Normal "checking in" stuff. Usually I just brushed these messages off from my teachers and either don't respond or give them some BS story about how I'm okay, but for some reason I thought I would open up and be honest with them said that I needed to talk and I wasn't doing okay.

Well, today was the day that I was supposed to talk with said professor- and guess what, nothing. I think they forgot honestly, they didn't really seem that thrilled with me and even seemed kind of annoyed that I even bothered showing up to class. I left pretty early in, I was too embarrassed and ashamed to stay.

I feel so defeated. I have been so against asking for help from teachers in school due to issues in the past, and now that I finally did it, I have once again been shut out and ignored. This just kind of solidifies that nobody really does care, even if they act like they do or reach out. I don't even know if I want to show up back to their class again, I'm so fucking embarrassed and ashamed of myself. How could I have actually thought that someone cared? Or even wanted to listen?

I'm just hurt. I thought this professor liked me and I actually thought maybe shit might start looking up if I seriously talked with someone I trusted (that isn't family) about what I'm going through. But yet again, people fail me every-time. Now I'm convinced they hate me.

It never gets better, bros. I'm gonna go take a nap now.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: cracklingroses, NoLoveNoHope, kab and 2 others
Ki_Nam

Ki_Nam

Slow brain turdle
Mar 23, 2023
I'm sorry people failed you. I failed others too. And others failed me. Hope everything works out for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: ShotgunShell
Galileo3630

Galileo3630

Tsundere
Mar 22, 2023
I'm sure they don't "hate" you, it's "common" for teenagers to fake being sad or depressed all to just get their hands on some pills to get that "high" feeling, or at least that's what I've over-heard my class mates doing when I was still in school, so I'm assuming that your teacher simply thought you're one of those kids and didn't bother wasting his/her time. I'm sure if you try again and again, you'd eventually drive the point home that you ACTUALLY do need help and are actively seeking it. I did the same in my High school and the therapist I had was super kind and actually fun to hang around with, she always listened and talked with me like she was my friend.

I'm sorry this happened to you but I really hope you can find a good therapist like I did

Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
I wonder if there was some miscommunication. If not then maybe something like a proper therapist is a better idea if you stilll have a bit of that urge to try and get things out irl. If so then looking back this bit with the professor will hopefully be more of a speedbump. Good luck no matter what

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just the reality that people don't care unfortunately. They are just concerned with their own existence, the truth is that as humans we are all alone, you certainly cannot rely on people and they can be very disappointing. But anyway best wishes.

Reactions: cracklingroses and ShotgunShell
N

Nitrohelpasap

Jan 3, 2023
Sorry if wrong board- I'm still crying for some reason, so I just need to throw this somewhere.

I finally did it- I reached out for help. I've been skipping a bunch of my classes due to depression and issues with my family as of recent and one of my professors reached out. Asked if they could help, etc. Normal "checking in" stuff. Usually I just brushed these messages off from my teachers and either don't respond or give them some BS story about how I'm okay, but for some reason I thought I would open up and be honest with them said that I needed to talk and I wasn't doing okay.

Well, today was the day that I was supposed to talk with said professor- and guess what, nothing. I think they forgot honestly, they didn't really seem that thrilled with me and even seemed kind of annoyed that I even bothered showing up to class. I left pretty early in, I was too embarrassed and ashamed to stay.

I feel so defeated. I have been so against asking for help from teachers in school due to issues in the past, and now that I finally did it, I have once again been shut out and ignored. This just kind of solidifies that nobody really does care, even if they act like they do or reach out. I don't even know if I want to show up back to their class again, I'm so fucking embarrassed and ashamed of myself. How could I have actually thought that someone cared? Or even wanted to listen?

I'm just hurt. I thought this professor liked me and I actually thought maybe shit might start looking up if I seriously talked with someone I trusted (that isn't family) about what I'm going through. But yet again, people fail me every-time. Now I'm convinced they hate me.

Hey I'm sorry to hear about your day.
I think you do need to talk to someone, is there anyone else you could share with? I'm here if you need to talk too

noname_noface

noname_noface

mentally deteriorated
Apr 4, 2023

I honestly don't think your professor was annoyed/irritated with you. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own lifes when someone's struggling in front of us we don't truly hear the cry for help. We're too busy thinking about ourselves and how much pain we're in that others in pain who need help go unnoticed. Maybe they were just having a rough day, had alot on their plate, super busy that it just slipped their mind. Doesn't necessarily mean they didn't want to, but we also can't put ourselves in our shoes to see their everyday struggles aswell. That doesn't give them an excuse by any means and i'm sorry that you've been shut down. People always disappoint.. life is disappointing. But sometimes we have to cut some people some slack because tou never know what they're going through as well. I hope they reach out to you soon to have that talk with you, if anything try approaching them again just be like "hey when you get the chance do you think we could talk? It's kind of important" or twist that in a way that makes you feel the most comfortable and confident.

• Love