Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I dont really use coping skills. I dont take meds. I go to therapy but theres only so much you can talk about. I just sit and cry because my life is "so horrible" when it's not. I'm just throwing a massive pity party for myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pang of joy, looseye, deathbylife and 20 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have any ideas how to break this vicious cycle?

Reactions: deathbylife and NeverEndingProblem
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
I assume you can see that self-pity used as a manipulative tool will only work for so long. Also, self-pity when applied internally, tends to be a barrier to moving on. In a way it can become a type of prison. Immobilization can be deadly. We can experience traumatic events that can parallel a car accident. If we don't get treatment or begin therapy, we tend to remain at our initial point of injury or even worsen.

.Letting go of the familiar, even if painful, can be difficult. It may be helpful to start with very small steps. For example, a person may be unemployed, but know he needs to get a job. If the idea of getting employment seems to high a hurdle, it might be made smaller by practicing with an imaginary job. If the newspaper list a particular job as being available, he might consider imagining calling the company and for an interview. He could even practice making the call with a friend.

You might wish to occasionally practice a coping skill to make sure you can call upon them if needed. In this way, should you find that circumstances change and you need to do more coping, that you won't be at as much of a disadvantage.

Reactions: everydayiloveyou, VivaldiBR and Sensei
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I dont really use coping skills. I dont take meds. I go to therapy but theres only so much you can talk about. I just sit and cry because my life is "so horrible" when it's not. I'm just throwing a massive pity party for myself.
I feel this way quite often too.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Somehow..talking about victim mentallity is like saying your problem is not that important and get a weight above you.
I'm not saying is good to be in that spiral but can bring shame and guilt because you are supossed to not have it.

G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Join my club.

Is there a specific reason why you don't take meds? Were they prescribed to you but you don't feel comfortable taking them?

Viceroy

Viceroy

Student
Oct 20, 2020
Its probably because in some way you are hurting. You might be longing to feel valued, cared for, loved? Deep down, what do you feel? Are you're needs not being met?

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I used to be this way. A few months ago I didn't want to do anything, I either laid in bed all day, starving myself, or on my PC playing games. I end up pushing everyone away and had unstable relationships because of so. Least to say, the people I have around right now got fed up with all of that and gave me an ultimatum to better myself. It's been hard, I wanted to find a partner to CTB so badly. Today I was given some hope to try a little harder to find reason to live, and you know I haven't felt so happy for a very long time. I would like others to find a path for a chance at happiness as well.

At least for me personally, striving to earn my happiness has paid off. I hope I don't screw it up for myself. I also hope for the best that you can find your way to not feel in such a way anymore.

I

imjustanemptyshell

A nobody
Nov 9, 2020

i feel the same... sending hugs...

Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Shame, Avoidance, hopelessness, lonliness, cbt, pm
Nov 9, 2022
You are overwhelmed. Nobody does not went to get better.