Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
Sometimes I have the impression that some of the failed suicide attempts reported here are the result of inventions. In particular those that ended tragically, but not tragic enough to prevent the unfortunate person from telling them here in the forum and scaring people. A sort of subliminal message: "don't commit suicide, but continue to suffer in this beautiful world, because it could end up worse than how you are now" Will they be pro-life users? If you observe ... when you ask for further information on what happened, these users tend to hide behind a completely unjustified silence.

Reactions: rec, Daniel32, Plato'sCaveDweller and 8 others
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Some of us have seen the aftermath of a failed attempt. That is not pro life in any which way, it is being realistic - it is important to take risks into consideration or you will end up worse off, I have seen it myself.

Sure, there are risks with every method, but always take into consideration the risk you are taking. And if you end up in a vegetative state, you will look like you're unaware - but you are fully aware of your surroundings, I have seen it myself.

Make sure you do the job properly, essentially, or you will end up worse off, much worse - this is more likely with attempts that aren't extensively researched though, but not always.

I bet some of those people have seen it themselves and they could also be a result of a failed attempt. Who are you to accuse them of lying? Not everyone wants to give information, particularly due to privacy reasons - did you not consider that?

• Love
Reactions: wren-briar, Emeralds, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
Marco77

Marco77

À ma manière 🪦
Aug 18, 2024
In fact I wrote "some". I've read stories of failure that seemed to me to be quite imaginative, not to mention shamelessly invented to create terror.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
There is just no way of knowing. We are all just a bunch of faceless humans on here (well, hopefully mostly humans). No sure way of telling who's lying and who's telling the truth, especially with newer people and people who don't engage with the community regularly.

Reactions: uglyugly, wren-briar, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
There was another thread saying more or less the same a few days ago. Sure, some threads seem fake (for example the guy who said he vomited SEVEN TIMES after ingesting SN).

Reactions: wren-briar, pthnrdnojvsc, Plato'sCaveDweller and 1 other person
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I read the post and first two replies. I can see very valid points on both sides. I personally just use my "gut" feeling about shit. I try not to say too much or try to overstep with my opinions without being dishonest. If I read something that I think is bullshit or a topic I know will just be an unnecessary argument. I'll just read something else.
I'll shut up now,thanks.

• Love
Reactions: bugs_for_brains, uglyugly and wren-briar
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
In fact I wrote "some". I've read stories of failure that seemed to me to be quite imaginative, not to mention shamelessly invented to create terror.
Me too, I've heard more stories recently.

I'll add one here to show how "pro life" I am (note: sarcasm - I'm detained in a fucking psych ward because it is illegal to kill yourself lmao - read my post - so fucking pro life) that I heard recently (not on the ward)

Person jumped off a bridge - didn't pass out, broke everything from the waist down, so, felt everything. People were trying to help (including the person I spoke with recently), but said person didn't want help and was dragging themselves away, albeit not far.

Anyway, the person that saw said person *after* jumping is still in touch with them, and is doing really well - back with their partner, has kids and well, like I said - doing well. Not everyone has that luxury, some are fucked for life. I know someone that is.

I'm not going to sit here and tell someone to kill themselves, that is the last thing I'd ever do, but I do understand how it feels when no one understands you *want* to die, and the fact that your rights can be taken away, and everything is taken for granted - shoes for example - I wasn't allowed shoes (laces), but I am now (I am very trusting, because I am good at masking, but I did say that, however they are still stupid enough to believe me).

Good thing is, I'm a good at masking my feelings, and so, I was trusted after a day on the ward, and off suicide watch after under a week completely.

Reactions: wren-briar
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
It's possible but, who knows, everybody is different after all. I don't think that mentioning the risks of a failed suicide attempt is pro life. Most of us here hate how there are risks to a suicide attempt. It's actually pro lifers that enjoy the fact of a failed suicide attempt. I don't really see why anybody would lie about their suicide attempt just to cause terror and, even if they were lying about their suicide attempt, it doesn't change the fact that suicide is terror for some people. Not everybody here can access SN and instead have to resort to an awful suicide method. Blame pro lifers for making suicide contain so much terror since they have the technology to invent peaceful suicide methods yet they won't ever do so because they want wage slaves

Reactions: wren-briar and MadAna
Emeralds

Emeralds

Aug 29, 2024
I think it's understandable that some people who had a failed attempt don't want to go into detail about their experience. A failed attempt is very traumatic. Not only because they may end up with a permanent injury, but also traumatic emotionally. They many not want to relive the experience in detail.

They aren't obligated to let strangers interrogate them and take a vote to decide if they think they are telling the truth or not. It's none of their business.

I'm sure that some of the failed attempts posted on here are fake. Some if them do seem to over the top to be true. There are people who may be seeking attention or get a kick out of seeing if someone is dumb enough to believe them.

Even so you can't know for certain if someone is lying or not because you weren't there. People shouldn't be going on their thread and arguing with them or calling them a liar. If they are telling the truth, you are just making them feel worse than they already do.

I wouldn't post about a failed attempt on here if I had one after some of the posts that I read on here. I don't need people telling me that I am a liar or dumb for failing.

• Love
Reactions: uglyugly, wren-briar and ijustwishtodie
MadAna

MadAna

May 8, 2023
There was another thread saying more or less the same a few days ago. Sure, some threads seem fake (for example the guy who said he vomited SEVEN TIMES after ingesting SN).
to be fair i vomited way more on opium intoxication so, it could be true.

• Informative
Reactions: wren-briar
uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
Well, if your stomach is empty after fasting, you can't possibly vomit seven times.
Off topic, somewhat, but I have had some really horrific cases of food poisoning... and believe me, you can keep throwing up long after your stomach is empty of contents. This is gross (sorry) but my stomach generated both acid and mucus and I kept throwing that up. This went on for a long time. It was horrendous. So, I can see how a person who has poisoned themselves with SN could keep throwing it up. When your body doesn't want something, it will keep trying to expel it.

Of course, I was not there so I don't know what happened.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
You can vomit stomach bile. Not sure if seven times though.
Off topic, somewhat, but I have had some really horrific cases of food poisoning... and believe me, you can keep throwing up long after your stomach is empty of contents. This is gross (sorry) but my stomach generated both acid and mucus and I kept throwing that up. This went on for a long time. It was horrendous. So, I can see how a person who has poisoned themselves with SN could keep throwing it up. When your body doesn't want something, it will keep trying to expel it.

Of course, I was not there so I don't know what happened.
Well, the mods found that suspicious enough to lock the thread. 🤷‍♀️