D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
All these years I was an atheist. Then I did some LSD and experienced a moment where I almost died. Since then I have the idea that death is the same as before birth. Before the birth of the consciousness that is formed by the brain in whatever form as a human animal or alien. Wouldn't it be so much more likely that I would be either already dead or never born? Unless the consciousness runs through a cycle. Birth, death, birth. Maybe we are all already in the hell of the eternal cycle?

• Hugs
Reactions: settheory, Source Energy, Homo erectus and 2 others
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
Absolutely speaking death doesn't exist. It is a complete illusion and actually, you are immortal God dreaming up a life.

Relatively speaking, after what you call "death", anything could happen. You are God, so you are completely free to create anything in any moment.
After death, you could create yourself as a bird for example. Or you could create another kind of experience. It is completely up to you, by the way,
this also applies to the present moment you are in RIGHT NOW. You are creating it.

How is any of this stuff even verifiable?

By waking up ;)

Question whatever ideas you hold to discover what's absolutely true, no belief is true.

Reactions: Source Energy and Homo erectus
M

marudekinoumitai

Mar 28, 2023
I'm an atheist and I've been wanting to try psychedelics lately, maybe I should lol. But seriously your post is almost comforting in a weird way

• Love
Reactions: dreamscape1111 and Homo erectus
D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
It is a complete illusion and actually, you are immortal God dreaming up a life.
I read about this concept and it makes sense but who's to say it's not just an illusion?

Reactions: Homo erectus
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
who's to say it's not just an illusion?
How do I know anything is not an illusion?

Don't take immortality on as a belief.

Find out what is true. This is a hypothesis till I can verify it for myself.

Stay with what is true in your direct experience. Think for yourself.

Psychedelics + contemplation can really help with directly realizing this for yourself. (responsible use)

Last edited:
D

darkwater

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
maybe I should lol. But seriously your post is almost comforting in a weird way
It lets you think abstractly but don't expect to find any truth (I thought the light of my hood was the universe). LSD has shown me that there is a filter over my senses that is there to keep me from losing my mind. But to see this filter lifted once is extremely valuable.

I have taken it three times once would have been enough.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
LSD has shown me that there is a filter over my senses that is there to keep me from losing my mind.
In authentic spirituality, the goal is to remove all filters and live from a pure state. Emotions like fear come up over losing one's mind, but nobody who has lost it ever wants it back.

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Any experience is illusion only if there is evidence to prove it, or you are convinced. If not, illusion is still real, similar to I think therefore I am. This very moment of consciousness contains your theory about being in hell. But if consciousness is primary, then being in hell should be regarded as less concrete, less real, more illusionary.

• Love
Reactions: dreamscape1111
settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
This notion is compatible with atheism.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm not convinced we are fully conscious- as in- self aware when we are born. Not in how we think of ourselves as we grow anyway. What is your earliest memory? If we have fully functioning consciousness from birth, why don't we have more memories starting from that point? I sort of feel like we live more on instinct as babies and that our consciousness is something that develops- along with all of our other cognitive abilities.