Odwin

Odwin

Bucket of Chicken
Mar 31, 2021
Since I come from the LGBT+ Captial in Germany. It was quite common for me to interact of all them.
In my opinion it's not really a big deal for me.
Okay need to be honest I don't understand what demon something is.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and LunarPyotr
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
You're not the only one here.
We live in a society and it become normal that there are people out there, who have "other preferences".
So I don't understand why grocery stores like Aldi, Rewe, Edeka etc. have to make it clear that they're "LGBT+ Friendly" by putting the sticker with that rainbow flag in front of the store.

I mean it's not like you will stay inside the store and eat the food there or something like that.
Same exact thing goes for car dealerships. I was at VW center and I needed a stupid fuse for an Golf 2 and I mean who cares if you're gay, bi, lesbian or trans. They only care about your wallet and not about the sexual orientation. Do you think that they will deny selling you that shiny Golf because you're not "straight" ?

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Black Rose Bunny, it's_all_a_game and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
You're talking about a massive group of people that have almost nothing in common in many respects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Rose Bunny, UninformedLover, mediocre and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can relate.
I just think people, no matter their gender, can simply love other people.
Fortunately, Buenos Aires is a pretty open-minded city.

However, there are lots of individuals (especially politicians) who say they support LGBT+ as if that made them better persons lol.

It reminds me of those who claim to be religious and end up commiting more sins than the non-believers.

• Love
Reactions: Black Rose Bunny, ReflectionOfTrauma, LifeQuitter2018 and 2 others
nolongerhuman

nolongerhuman

Arcanist
Feb 9, 2021
You're talking about a massive group of people that have almost nothing in common in many respects.
This is very true. It's really hard to reconcile the sentiment 'This is the LGBT+ community, we're all a big queer family!" that goes around in a lot of LGBT+ spaces with the loud, common, and incredibly toxic infighting over who is really LGBT+ and who is or is not really oppressed and who is a dirty degenerate who needs to not come to pride parades for the sake of the children and all of this ridiculous nonsense, and I say this as a bisexual person. I will say that the in-person LGBT+ spaces are much more tolerable to be around than the online spaces, but in general it seems to me like this community is just a group of people who happen to have one thing in common but have nothing else tying each other together and often really, really don't like each other.

Reactions: Lammpz, it's_all_a_game and Lucien
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
The people that make a big deal out of supporting LGBT+ usually also make a big deal out of supporting any other cause of the week. It's just really cool with kids this days to be more "woke" than the other kid.
As for the LGBT+ themselves - of course they aren't some sort of a monolithic close-knit group, we're talking about many millions of people here. The weird idea that everyone who represents some minority is somehow connected to each other and they all agree and understand each other just because they belong to that minority is another invention of the "woke" folks that is very separated from reality. They are all different people with different lives, there's so much more to a person than the labels.

• Love
Reactions: milfnncookies, it's_all_a_game, LifeQuitter2018 and 6 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
The people that make a big deal out of supporting LGBT+ usually also make a big deal out of supporting any other cause of the week. It's just really cool with kids this days to be more "woke" than the other kid.
As for the LGBT+ themselves - of course they aren't some sort of a monolithic close-knit group, we're talking about many millions of people here. The weird idea that everyone who represents some minority is somehow connected to each other and they all agree and understand each other just because they belong to that minority is another invention of the "woke" folks that is very separated from reality. They are all different people with different lives, there's so much more to a person than the labels.
Exactly. It's the same as expecting every black person to get along because they share the same skin color. Just because people happen to share one trait in common doesn't really mean shit.

Everyone's different. It's just another form of prejudice to act like minorities are nothing but a label rather than fully formed human beings with their own opinions and views. It's stereotyping and highly tiresome but it's now considered acceptable for some reason.

• Love
Reactions: milfnncookies, it's_all_a_game, Ame and 1 other person
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
The weird idea that everyone who represents some minority is somehow connected to each other and they all agree and understand each other just because they belong to that minority is another invention of the "woke" folks that is very separated from reality.
It's the standard brand of harmless mind rot until you realize it can sometimes create this image of LGBT+ people thriving and surviving on "acceptance". The reality being that they survive and thrive on virtually the same as everyone else.

It's empirically proven this group is likely to suffer. No need to even bring up the mental illness charts; some parents just give them the boot and they end up homeless. Heavens forbid someone finds this reality infuriating and painful because of this and all similar issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrumpyFrog
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
It's the standard brand of harmless mind rot until you realize it can sometimes create this image of LGBT+ people thriving and surviving on "acceptance".
Oh, yeah, "support and acceptance", right up there with "thoughts and prayers" and "we care, here's a suicide hotline number", it's like they come in one "Take this and feel better already" kit.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied, milfnncookies and Lucien