Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
I've never experienced the death of a loved one or close friend but I know it's going to happen soon. This gives me some weird disconnect that people actually die? I don't know how to explain it. My friends have lost people close to them and they tell me about it, but I can't really sympathize with them because I don't understand how that feels.
It's weird and I hate feeling this way especially since my friend told me she's going to ctb soon. I don't know what to do, should I stop her? It's not like we live in the same country but I'll still comfort her before she goes. I don't want to lose someone but I also don't want to be selfish.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think all you can do is let your friend know you are there for them. People react in different ways to death. I suspect suicide is even harder. I experienced lots of bereavement early on. I'd lost my Mum, Grandpa and Nana by the time I was 10. I guess it does change your view of life.

Do you have mutual friends that you can talk to about them? Can you give each other support?

• Hugs
Reactions: Gloomislost and Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see the compassionate thing as being supportive and understanding of the decision to die, nobody is obligated to continue suffering in this existence after all. But anyway the reality is that we all have to die someday, grief and loss are just inevitable as long as one exists, it's the consequence of life being brought here in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gloomislost and Praestat_Mori
Gloomislost

Gloomislost

Pet the bunnies for me · 18
Jul 27, 2023
I think all you can do is let your friend know you are there for them. People react in different ways to death. I suspect suicide is even harder. I experienced lots of bereavement early on. I'd lost my Mum, Grandpa and Nana by the time I was 10. I guess it does change your view of life.

Do you have mutual friends that you can talk to about them? Can you give each other support?
We don't but I at least want the change to say goodbye before they do it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep