• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

job1315

Student
Oct 25, 2020
I am so scared to try this medication because one: the last medication in this class they prescribed me intensified symptoms, and I may not survive that again,

and two, there are very few medications that help my condition and this would seem to be the last; I am worried if it fails (besides immense pain) that it would represent the death of hope

In the meantime, I'm just suffering with no symptom relief. But the last time I took this was so bad I am more scared of this than anything I have ever done :(

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, degeneratewaste, Despondent and 7 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
You don't have much to lose by trying it. There's always a chance it could help and if not, have you ever tried TMS, ECT or ketamine IV?

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, Silvermorning, Sensei and 3 others
J

job1315

Student
Oct 25, 2020
Thanks, but this is not depression. We are at the highest and last drugs for my condition

• Aww..
Reactions: Silvermorning and LittleJem
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
If you had it once and it didn't work what's the change this time?

J

job1315

Student
Oct 25, 2020
If you had it once and it didn't work what's the change this time?

This drug used to work. Then I stupidly switched to a new one in the same class which gave me horrible symptoms, I mean not survivable again. Now, I am worried I am kindled to all drugs in the class. Which means I don't know if I can go back to my old one

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
Medication can be a little scary, altogether. Even if it's from the same class, this medicine might work differently then the other one from before. Though I don't know your condition, even psychiatrists do this with their patients. One patient might need an anti-depressant but one doesn't work for them, so they find one that does -- still from that same class.

I understand your worries. You never know until you try it out so try not to think too far ahead (I know it's hard). If this medication doesn't work, then you can think about next steps but don't lose hope :heart:

Reactions: Silvermorning
A

ADruinedmylife

Oct 5, 2020
I would avoid traditional psych drugs they are why I am here ruined my life!!!!

Reactions: offshoreserver
J

job1315

Student
Oct 25, 2020
I would avoid traditional psych drugs they are why I am here ruined my life!!!!

Was it benzos

Medication can be a little scary, altogether. Even if it's from the same class, this medicine might work differently then the other one from before. Though I don't know your condition, even psychiatrists do this with their patients. One patient might need an anti-depressant but one doesn't work for them, so they find one that does -- still from that same class.

I understand your worries. You never know until you try it out so try not to think too far ahead (I know it's hard). If this medication doesn't work, then you can think about next steps but don't lose hope :heart:

What I need are anti seizure meds which all work on GABA receptors so they are supposedly very similar :/

• Hugs
Reactions: ADruinedmylife and Silvermorning
A

ADruinedmylife

Oct 5, 2020
No it was SSRIs got PSSD and anhedonia

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: job1315 and Silvermorning
Supersadmommy90

Supersadmommy90

Student
Sep 24, 2019
No it was SSRIs got PSSD and anhedonia
I'm so sorry this happened. I want to take anti depressants but I'm scared of this very thing happening to me. I am wondering what alternative to psych meds would you suggest?

poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
I'm so sorry this happened. I want to take anti depressants but I'm scared of this very thing happening to me. I am wondering what alternative to psych meds would you suggest?
Psilocybin works wonders as an alternative to psych meds.