C

cornicecream

Oct 19, 2023
i was in a bad relationship for about 5 and a half years, starting from when i was 16. Im turning 22 now. graduating college soon. Feels weird. I've been in a downward spiral ever since I got into this relationship. Now im facing the after-effects of all the rape and breach of boundaries and trust. And I need to get a hold of my life soon. I need to find a job and save and contribute financially to the household. But i also am in such a bad place mentally, constantly. And i keep blaming the ex for my wanting to die. and my lack of motivation for my future. But thats cringe (for lack of a better term lmao). i need to get my shit together. and i need to stop making excuses. But i also dont want to. I just dont want to feel like this anymore. I dont know what to do for my future since i never planned to get this far. But im going to have to go a little farther if i want to be useful.

Emotionally, I feel as though no one would care if i died. No one wants me. They only want me if they have something to gain from me. But logically i think that may not be true. Idk man. Im just tired i think.

• Aww..
Reactions: DeIetedUser4739
D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
You are still very young and you were extremely young when this person entered your life and did this damage. A bit of time to recover from trauma isn't abnormal or a bad idea and if you choose to go for the experience, you have your whole life ahead of you still. You didn't plan to get to 22 as you say...but you got there, and it is still very early in the journey. It is easier said than done but don't let this abusive ex rob you of your future. They got five and a half of your years...that is already more than they deserve.

• Love
Reactions: cornicecream
C

cornicecream

Oct 19, 2023
You are still very young and you were extremely young when this person entered your life and did this damage. A bit of time to recover from trauma isn't abnormal or a bad idea and if you choose to go for the experience, you have your whole life ahead of you still. You didn't plan to get to 22 as you say...but you got there, and it is still very early in the journey. It is easier said than done but don't let this abusive ex rob you of your future. They got five and a half of your years...that is already more than they deserve.
this was very beautiful to read <3 never thought about it this way~ thank you! I want u to know i appreciate u for taking the time to read that and send such a nice message my way <3

• Hugs
Reactions: dolemitedrums
D

dopaminedeath

Death please
Nov 12, 2022
You are strong. Keep showing up with love and kindness for yourself