DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I did something bad have to talk o someone please...

• Hugs
Reactions: SSlostallhope, Woodnote, Bct and 1 other person
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
I got angry. I was helping my brother with his final exams and well, we failed one and he might have to go summer school. Our family is struggling financially and I fucked it up. In anger I slammed the door and kicked a chair and now I feel like im an abusive monster that has to die

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: suffering, Toobrokentofix, Kain10th and 8 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
It sounds like you're just upset. I'm sure your family will find the funds. He might even love summer school. Try not to take it personally

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
We're struggling badly.....I dunno....I feel I am a bad role model and I dug myself into a hole I cant get out of. I am so ashamed I want to run away from home

• Hugs
Reactions: Woodnote
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
@DeathIsTheWayOut99 It doesn't sound like you fucked up intentionally with helping your brother. Ok you lashed out but it was at inanimate objects but they won't be effected.

DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
@DeathIsTheWayOut99 It doesn't sound like you fucked up intentionally with helping your brother. Ok you lashed out but it was at inanimate objects but they won't be effected.
Right, but that is still a misuse of anger. I feel its somethign abusers do I am an abuser

SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
We're struggling badly.....I dunno....I feel I am a bad role model and I dug myself into a hole I cant get out of. I am so ashamed I want to run away from home

It'll be fine, I'm sure. They probably wouldn't send him if they couldn't afford it. And you expressing your emotions is fine. Who hasn't kicked a few doors and chairs?

Reactions: terry_a_davis
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
@DeathIsTheWayOut99 It's not ideal no but its a million times less worse than directing that anger at a person. I think just about everyone has slammed a door or kicked an object. Don't consider yourself an "abuser" for doing this, you most definitely are not.

• Love
Reactions: x-Ace-x, FriendofDeath, _Minsk and 1 other person
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
Right, but that is still a misuse of anger. I feel its somethign abusers do I am an abuser
Well for one you are feeling guilt. Abusers can do the horrible things they do because they don't feel guilty or at least don't feel it enough to dissuade them from abusing, where as this seems to have affected you strongly.

Reactions: Toobrokentofix, FriendofDeath, Iamamistake and 4 others
maru.

maru.

Experienced
Apr 6, 2020
Please listen to what everyone here is saying, they have great points.

I for one slam my door and punch and kick the walls in my room a lot, especially if no one else is home, so no one goes "What was that noise?".
It's not an abusive trait by itself, it's a way of letting anger out, there are bussinesses about destroying objects to let your frustration out.
You didn't hurt a person, at least not physically, and like it was said here by @Acerakis an abuser wouldn't feel guilt, an abuser doesn't care, you're not an abuser, please be kinder to yourself, you deserve that kindness.

Reactions: FriendofDeath, Iamamistake, KLUF and 1 other person
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
oh my dad just sent me this message:
Hey (my name). I will NEVER be mad at you. I'm very PROUD of you for all that you are doing for (my brothers name). We are here for each other. Everything will be fine. Love ❤️ you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: littlelungs, Toobrokentofix, JD8080 and 15 others
KLUF

KLUF

Jun 16, 2020
Sometimes it is good to pick up, say, a plank and smash it to pieces if you are upset and don't know what to do. Nothing wrong in that.

Reactions: pole
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
Or punch pillows and take your frustration out on them.

M

Muirthemne

Mar 1, 2020
Generally speaking abusers don't worry that they might be abusers. They either see nothing wrong with what they do, or know it's wrong but don't care. The fact you're freaking out like this shows me you're not an abusive person. I also know from reading your previous posts you've suffered from abuse yourself, and fearing that you yourself could become an abuser is super common in survivors.

Lashing out like that isn't a good thing to do, but try to keep it in perspective. Kicking a chair doesn't make you an abuser or a monster. It makes you a stressed out person who had a bad day and made a fairly minor mistake.

oh my dad just sent me this message:
Hey (my name). I will NEVER be mad at you. I'm very PROUD of you for all that you are doing for (my brothers name). We are here for each other. Everything will be fine. Love ❤ you.

Oh, that's lovely.

• Love
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, oivoi, Bct and 1 other person
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
IMO Its just a phase bro .... Keep calm u will get out of it.

L

laertes_voula

Jun 30, 2020
Failure in life is inevitable. I wish you wouldn't blame yourself for your brother's failure, it sounds like you tried your best. Your expression of frustration is valid, and is far better than not exploring it or directing it at someone. Try to be kinder to yourself if you can

H

Heavy

Student
Jun 20, 2020
Seems like OP is a young person ... Maybe too young for the forums? Idk ..

socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
You are way way way, to hard on your self. Every one gets angry, when I was trying to install sims 4 on my sisters computer I knocked my hand on the desk multiple times.

Reactions: Sadface
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
Listen to your father! You are Only human and clearly are struggling. You were upset and jeeze... u didn't even kick a person! I have had plenty of experience of abusers and I promise nothing you have said makes me think u are anything like one. Take care and try to give urself a break