letsgetittogo

letsgetittogo

Barbiturate Summer :p
Nov 11, 2023
Planning on ctb in the next few weeks if everything goes according to plan. The only thing that I want more than anything is to spend my remaining time on earth sober. I've been drinking regularly since September of 2020 when both of my parents died and I've never been able to kick the habit. Alcohol has definitely affected my life negatively and I really really want to be lucid and sober for my last few weeks. Anyone here struggled with alcoholism? If so, please share some tips on how to get it under control. Im violently hungover at work and I need it to stop

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread, Oneness, アホペンギン and 1 other person
Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
Good luck to you in abstaining from this poison.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I am an alcoholic and I don't have any way to get it under control other than no motivation to get out of my bed and buy some or just lack of money.

I hope you figure out a way to solve your current problems and I hope you can find peace. Good luck.

piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023
There is promising research into the use of psychedelics in alcohol addiction but it's more of a longer term solution, as in I dont think would help you kick the habit in the next two weeks

daydreams

daydreams

Nov 14, 2023
Unfortunately there is no fast solution for alcoholism
You can reduce the amounts

ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
My son is an alcoholic so I can tell you what has worked for him. He went to his family doctor and they came up with a plan. He abstained from drinking for 2 weeks and then he was given an injection of Vivitrol. This is a medication that helps curb your cravings for alcohol. If you drink after you've had it, you will get horribly sick. But my son said that was never an issue. He didn't want to drink anymore after receiving it. It's a monthly shot and most insurance will pay for it. Also the manufacturer has a discount code that can be used if you don't have insurance.

R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
I'd just add that you are probably correct in your thinking, that quitting drinking, will only enhance your chances of if not success, than at least being able to be in your best level of fitness (for now) - that you can be. I did much the same thing, though not on quite as long a stretch, or string as you are. . . & it helped me to see things much more clearly & coherently. Obviously I failed and things did not go according to plan in that regard. However, it wasn't because I was too unconscious to pull it off. And by that, I mean all that goes into the "set-up." Best regards~ // oh, & by the way; I just quit "cold turkey!" (which is not something that I know a lot of people can do...)

nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
You might be able to seek medical help, there's medications that can make it more tolerable that wouldn't cloud your judgement in the way alcohol does