exhausted froggy

exhausted froggy

Jun 13, 2019
after snapping a couple wires into pieces using the tourniquet method, i gave up on any kind of suspension of my neck.
i'm done trying these methods. i've tried so many times, so damn hard to no avail.

so, i'm looking for something more damaging. a one-way trip.
currently, i'm strongly considering overdosing on tylenol. i heard bad things about this method, but at this point i don't care; i know it can kill you and i'm clinging to that chance.

i don't have the guts to cut myself.
almost all methods require overly-specific things i don't have.
there are hardly any options. i think i have made my mind up.

• Love
Reactions: Ky204
CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
I'm sorry things are so bad. I don't recommend Tylenol. It's painful, unreliable and takes a long time, to work. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Reactions: Godofdeathftw
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Tylenol will leave you very much alive and with a damaged liver, in a psych-ward.

• Love
Reactions: sleepy dog, Qdv, Ky204 and 2 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
after snapping a couple wires into pieces using the tourniquet method, i gave up on any kind of suspension of my neck.
i'm done trying these methods. i've tried so many times, so damn hard to no avail.

currently, i'm strongly considering overdosing on tylenol. i heard bad things about this method, but at this point i don't care; i know it can kill you and i'm clinging to that chance.

I am so, so tired of seeing this idea.

Yes, it might kill you, but it will take several agonizing weeks.

Tylenol/acetaminophen IS NOT TOXIC.

The only surefire way to kill yourself with Tylenol is to keep pouring it down your throat til you choke to death on it.

With a Tylenol overdose, you won't pass out; you won't stop breathing. You will end up in an ICU.

Over the course of about 2 weeks, your liver will either indicate improvement or completely shut down. If it improves, you will be transferred to a step down unit, then eventually to psych.

If your liver completely fails, you may be considered for a transplant, but I'm guessing suicides are low priority.

Without a transplant, you'll die in about 2-3 weeks, while your skin, gums and eyes turn more and more yellow from the waste materials building up in your bloodstream. Your abdomen will bloat and swell so much with fluid that they will have to drain it multiple, multiple times. You will be in excruciating pain.

If you're lucky, towards the end your brain will be affected so you'll be less aware of how much pain you're in and how horrifying you look.

Long story short, you've got about a 50% chance of experiencing the most painful, protracted, horrific death you can imagine.

I understand what it's like to feel desperate, but please, please don't be tempted by Tylenol or any OTC drug.

• Love
Reactions: InTheAirTonight, DetachedDreamer97, Stan and 15 others
RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
Yes, everything @gingerplum said. It's a horrible way to die. If you die. I did it myself and spent several weeks in hospital being told my liver would most likely not recover and I would die. I did recover but the experience was awful. I didn't stop throwing up for about five days and was in terrible pain.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nyanpasuu, sleepy dog, LittleJem and 3 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Yes, everything @gingerplum said. It's a horrible way to die. If you die. I did it myself and spent several weeks in hospital being told my liver would most likely not recover and I would die. I did recover but the experience was awful. I didn't stop throwing up for about five days and was in terrible pain.
Thank you, Rita. I'm sure you were terrified the entire time. Did they have to dialyze you? Was the staff nice to you, or did you get a lot of eye rolling that suggested they had patients to take care of that actually wanted to live? Finally, did you have to spend time in a psych unit?

I'm genuinely interested, but I completely understand if this is too personal. Feel free to PM or ignore if you'd rather ;).

RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
I'll PM you :)
I think I've done it as a chat rather than a PM as I wasn't sure how to PM! It should get to you anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: gingerplum
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019

Inert gas such as nitrogen, helium, or argon Is the most lethal Painless method. Check the pph for details.

Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019

Have you researched SN?
i don't know what else to do.

Have you researched SN?

Last edited:
Reactions: gingerplum and GlowingCactus
exhausted froggy

exhausted froggy

Jun 13, 2019
Inert gas such as nitrogen, helium, or argon Is the most lethal Painless method. Check the pph for details.
i don't have the money for one of those gases, and i don't have any of the stuff needed for the method aside from that.

Have you researched SN?
i have. it's not easy to purchase and i don't have that kind of money. i can't just buy a prescription drug either.

how about an overdose on sertraline, 100mg? i could take a whole bottle next time it's refilled

M

Meppitech

Oct 2, 2019
Jumping doesn't cost any money and if you make sure to get to a high enough point, the only suffering should be the time while you are falling. I read today about a failed attempt but they hit feet first. I guess it's all in the planning. If I was to jump, I would be thinking how I had to do it head first the whole time.

exhausted froggy

exhausted froggy

Jun 13, 2019
Jumping doesn't cost any money and if you make sure to get to a high enough point, the only suffering should be the time while you are falling. I read today about a failed attempt but they hit feet first. I guess it's all in the planning. If I was to jump, I would be thinking how I had to do it head first the whole time.
getting to the top of a very tall building is a lot easier said than done. not really an option

RitaM

RitaM

Mountaineer
Aug 26, 2018
I went to jump off Beachy Head once but I couldn't do it. It was terrifying, on the edge of the cliff like that.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: intheend and gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
how about an overdose on sertraline, 100mg? i could take a whole bottle next time it's refilled

No. Taking too much Zoloft will make you sweat and hyperventilate; it causes tremors, agitation, confusion, vomiting, and your heart will race and pound. It would be frightening and horrible, and I doubt it would kill you.

If it's not listed in the PPH or discussed on this forum as a viable method, chances are it's a BAD IDEA.

How old are you, Froggy?

• Love
Reactions: Stan, LittleJem and woxihuanni
Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
i have. it's not easy to purchase and i don't have that kind of money. i can't just buy a prescription drug either.

You obviously haven't done your research or you would know that SN is easy to purchase, cheap, legal and non-prescription.

In reading through your post history, you seem to not do your own research or learn from what people on here are trying to share when you ask questions. Might I suggest you do your part to achieve your own means to your own end.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ruffian, Stan, throwaway_2620 and 5 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Also, I'm wondering what mods think about suggesting violent methods in such cases, or in any case. If somebody decides to jump of their own will, fine. But the risks are too great to be casually suggesting it to anyone currently not thinking of it, especially someone who sounds quite clueless.

• Love
Reactions: Stan, Élégie, sleepy dog and 2 others
Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
Yeah I kinda thought the purpose of this is to suggest more peaceful ways, although I guess that's relative & subjective. Some might consider jumping peaceful compared to the current hell they're living in. But I do wonder about people who come here with no methods in mind, asking for ideas, then not doing any of their own research after things are put forth. It's either immature or impulsive or both.

• Love
Reactions: Stan, gingerplum and woxihuanni
Ky204

Ky204

Sep 3, 2019

Definitely won't kill you. I've been there done that and it was agonizing, not worth the pain whatsoever. That is not a road you want to go down.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I don't know the quantities, but raw cassava is toxic and can kill you. I don't know how long it takes at all - I think it leads to cardiac arrest. It's odd sharing this, as I am teetering between trying different meds, and wanting to CTB. But I do know what it is to want to go - and I am firmly pro-choice.

gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Also, I'm wondering what mods think about suggesting violent methods in such cases, or in any case. If somebody decides to jump of their own will, fine. But the risks are too great to be casually suggesting it to anyone currently not thinking of it, especially someone who sounds quite clueless.
Exactly. I could step out into traffic, too, but I'm not sure suggesting it would be the responsible thing to do.

• Love
Reactions: Stan, LonelyLight and woxihuanni
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
my method would/will be Fentanyl - but I don't currently have any
have you tried a MAOI? I am just currently trying Moclobemide. I am just on day 1, but it is helping so far. I don't rate SSRIs very much - my experience with one was ineffective - I was just sedated + wanting to die. Moclo so far is much better. It is worth trying an MAOI if you can. You can get Polygala Tenuifoila online which is a MAOI (I don't know whether it can safely be combined with Zoloft or if it risks Serotonin syndrome)....it stopped working for me after two weeks - but two of the happiest weeks of my life, it was a whole different world. Now I am trying a medication version of an MAOI. I would definitely try a MAOI (and also a Trcyclic) before giving up entirely. There is also Tianeptine which is an excellent anti-depressant (I am just allergic to it, which is why I don't use it) but again, it works straight away. Also, doesn't work for me, but some say it's life-saving: Kratom.

I have just promised myself I will try all the different types of medication before I give up - chronic depression for 20 years and constant suicidal thoughts. I am totally fed up - but a few more tricks to try.
yes, any method you do use, do use Google to see if will actually work. You cannot CTB with Zoloft for example.
What about a bridge instead of a building? I don't know if I could do it, but in thinking about it, I would aim for ground and not the water.
Water does work, if you are going from enough of a height. YOu need to pick the right bridge...

Last edited:
Reactions: Qdv
Q

Qdv

Student
Sep 17, 2019
Thank you, Rita. I'm sure you were terrified the entire time. Did they have to dialyze you? Was the staff nice to you, or did you get a lot of eye rolling that suggested they had patients to take care of that actually wanted to live? Finally, did you have to spend time in a psych unit?

I'm genuinely interested, but I completely understand if this is too personal. Feel free to PM or ignore if you'd rather ;).

I also tried this at 17yo and had an identicle experience. Took around 45 tablets and within 2hrs was vomitting uncontrollably and taken to the emergency room. Fast forward three weeks in hospital, experienced severe jaundice, met with a transplant team, saw the terror my parents were going through, laxatives to clear system plus some before being told my liver was beginning to regenerate so yeah, reserve your effort for a more calculated attempt if you can. @gingerplum I got more eyerolls than not unfortunately seeing as its such a common act in that age bracket :notsure:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RitaM and gingerplum
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Also, and finally, DXM is meant to be good for depression. Not as good as stuff you can safely take long-term, but meant to work instantly. So if your issue is depression, give it a try. You can buy it over the counter - it is cough medicine. Info on Google about DXM and depression. I am trying other stuff first, but will try it if the other stuff doesn't work. I would say, only CTB if you are tried everything. You never know, you might get lucky.

Reactions: gingerplum
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
I also tried this at 17yo and had an identicle experience. Took around 45 tablets and within 2hrs was vomitting uncontrollably and taken to the emergency room. Fast forward three weeks in hospital, experienced severe jaundice, met with a transplant team, saw the terror my parents were going through, laxatives to clear system plus some before being told my liver was beginning to regenerate so yeah, reserve your effort for a more calculated attempt if you can. @gingerplum I got more eyerolls than not unfortunately seeing as its such a common act in that age bracket :notsure:
Thank you for sharing that; I imagine it must have been a harrowing experience for you. Personally I never rolled my eyes at anyone, but I get it; some people look at you as a selfish waste of resources. It's such a stupid fucking thing to do, but it seems to make sense in the mind of a teenager: If I take all these pills, I'll die.

Seriously, there should be a public service announcement warning people not to do this.

• Love
Reactions: Qdv and woxihuanni
M

Meppitech

Oct 2, 2019
The night night method was explained to me to be very peaceful, but not the easiest.

exhausted froggy

exhausted froggy

Jun 13, 2019
No. Taking too much Zoloft will make you sweat and hyperventilate; it causes tremors, agitation, confusion, vomiting, and your heart will race and pound. It would be frightening and horrible, and I doubt it would kill you.

If it's not listed in the PPH or discussed on this forum as a viable method, chances are it's a BAD IDEA.

How old are you, Froggy?
not disclosing my age.

i won't take tylenol or anything then. i can barely think of any feasible methods at this point.
You obviously haven't done your research or you would know that SN is easy to purchase, cheap, legal and non-prescription.

In reading through your post history, you seem to not do your own research or learn from what people on here are trying to share when you ask questions. Might I suggest you do your part to achieve your own means to your own end.
i did look into the SN method. they recommended 3 different things, and one of them isn't over-the-counter. i tried finding these things but it was super confusing. i couldn't find the antiemetic thing, and from the sound of it i couldn't afford it right now either. i don't have a consistent income, my money is like pocket change.

i bought what was needed for the night-night method, and it didn't end up working out for me. nothing involving my neck worked.

thanks for being condescending.

Last edited:
Blackjack

Blackjack

I’ll be watching...
Aug 6, 2019
not disclosing my age.

i won't take tylenol or anything then. i can barely think of any feasible methods at this point.

i did look into the SN method. they recommended 3 different things, and one of them isn't over-the-counter. i tried finding these things but it was super confusing. i couldn't find the antiemetic thing, and from the sound of it i couldn't afford it right now either. i don't have a consistent income, my money is like pocket change.

i bought what was needed for the night-night method, and it didn't end up working out for me. nothing involving my neck worked.

You're frustrated because nobody can serve you up on a silver platter a cheap, guaranteed, quick, uncomplicated way to check out, I get it. If such a method existed, no body would be here. That's not condescension, just the hard truth.

Reactions: Stan, TheblueBunny, gingerplum and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019

A lot of people here have brain fog. Every step of the way getting things I need has been hell for me, when obviously I am dealing with whatever it is that brought me here. It's not easy for anyone.

Nobody's being condescending, simply legitimately concerned for both you and the continuation of this forum.

Reactions: Stan, gingerplum, Blackjack and 1 other person