A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
I miss being a child. I had no responsibilities and was ignorant of how cruel the world is. Life was amazing back then.

It's a nightmare now.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: bubo, Temporal_Anchorite, Ringo and 14 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I miss many elements of my childhood but it was also rough back then too. However, I do miss it comparatively to life now. Being an adult sucks.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, OpheliasFlowers, Dead Ghost and 3 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Same, life now has become brutal. Had no concern in the world. I miss playing Dragon Quest and staying up to watch Toonami.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and Anon1337
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
2cDnjYQXxFlz9wKHHI0mo9vC6BIyAHPc6sHUFDav.jpg

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
Same, life now has become brutal. Had no concern in the world. I miss playing Dragon Quest and staying up to watch Toonami.
I miss Minecraft.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost, looseye and Rocinante
R

rylaia

Oct 24, 2021
I wish I could stay a child forever.

• Hugs
Reactions: apple2myeye!, Élégie, OpheliasFlowers and 4 others
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
It was definitely a much simpler time. When they say "ignorance is bliss" they're not wrong. It was a time when everything was new, and we could see the good in the world.

I remember everything becoming steadily worse once puberty hit.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, apple2myeye!, Élégie and 3 others
J

jjwtn26

Oct 7, 2022
I miss being a child. I had no responsibilities and was ignorant of how cruel the world is. Life was amazing back then.

It's a nightmare now.
I agree completely. My family wasn't rich or anything but I had parents and grandparents that truly loved and cared for me and I had an amazing childhood.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and Anon1337
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
I had a difficult childhood and adolescence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, Skathon, Anon1337 and 1 other person
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I don't find that much of a difference, only my perception of what surrounds me has changed.
//
No hi trobo pas tanta diferéncia, només ha cambiat la meva percepció sobre el que m'envolta.

Reactions: Zegers, Skathon and Anon1337
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
My childhood wasn't the best, but what I do genuinely miss is the sense of wonder I had as a child. Things were exciting and awe inspiring. Even something like getting a new game to play or renting a movie I had never seen could make me feel incredible. Now getting a new game or downloading a new movie is simply a way to pass the time and try to forget about everything. Sometimes it works for a bit, but it's never really exciting in the way it used to be as a child.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zegers, apple2myeye!, Élégie and 4 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022

It's a nightmare now.
As a child you have no freedom. Everything was someone else's choice. You as a child are at the mercy of others. As an adult you have the freedom to choose! Love to you and all here.

Reactions: Skathon and Alcoholic Teletubby
Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
Back then, t was like you could actually exist.

Reactions: Anon1337
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I do not know for sure. Less responsibilities for sure, but I was also abused all the time by my parents, no I am happy I am past that

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Anon1337
Wasabi

Wasabi

Sep 9, 2022
I also miss my childhood. I miss the days when I was very young. When physical and mental abuse was not committed against me.

Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
I miss my childhood. I've spent the rest of it trying to kill myself. And I think, I have succeeded. She died. And now she's haunting me. Like some dead body I've tried to bury inside of my soul.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I remember disliking life even when I was very young and I found the thought of death to be comforting even back then. I've never wanted to be here but it's understandable as to why people would miss a time where life wasn't as bad for them. I do believe that as humans get older the amount of problems and suffering increase and this will only get worse. The thought of ageing is so horrible to me.

Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
Yeah, I miss my childhood too. I miss being happy. I miss having no worries, no fears, and no responsibilities... I miss being innocent and not knowing how crappy the world is.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle, Dead Ghost and Anon1337
LikeAPendulum

LikeAPendulum

Aug 25, 2022

It's a nightmare now.
I can't view my childhood in a good light after all i've been through. As much as i reminisce about my youth, i can't, in good faith, support this regressive behavior.

it is better to look to the future, lift your chin high, and endure what comes, rather than hold onto what remains of the past.

CatLover

CatLover

Jun 3, 2018
I HATED being a kid, I could not wait to be free of my horrible parents and have autonomy over my life and be away from them and their 'disappointment' in me and their weird rules. I wasn't even allowed to have friends round or go to other people's houses, it was miserable. They were control freaks who saw me as a possession they owned. I hated school too and was bullied at various points. What got me through it was knowing that it wasn't going to last forever and that one day I would not have to go there any more and I would have my own living space. Even swapping for a weekday job which takes a fair amount of your life, I would still be 'free' in the evenings and weekends, not a prisoner 24/7. I miss THAT, because what do I tell myself now? I remember having hope for the future and being excited about the things I was going to do - travelling, meeting my heroes, work milestones etc. Now it's all just memories and I have nothing really ahead.
I'm glad so many of you seem to have had lovely childhoods though. It must be some source of comfort even if you can't go back to that time directly.

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I don't miss being a child, but I miss the ability to intermittently emotionally detach and disconnect, it helped me get through a lot of situations in my childhood with a certain level of numbness. It was like storing away traumatic memories and feelings in parcels, unopened and unprocessed, but when I lost that protective coping mechanism it was like a dam broke.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Anon1337
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
My childhood was shit, and my suicidal ideation started really early so I don't miss it.

B

Barry

Apr 21, 2021
I miss my early childhood till I turned about 13 and it all went to hell