S

stillweary

May 15, 2020
So I was talking about my life today and some of the things I've been through, and my therapist got choked up just listening to me. His reaction caught me off guard. I wasn't trying to be dramatic or evoke anything. I was just being honest and telling him about my life. It was kinda wild, because my brain went into therapy mode on his behalf. (Does he know how to set emotional boundaries? Does he need a day off from work?)

I mean, I know I have been dealt a really messed up hand in life, but I never expected talking nonchalantly to a therapist would make him cry. It was simultaneously validating and concerning.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, noname223, Rolliewoo and 10 others
Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
Will you continue going to him? Seems like a somewhat good therapist. At least he seems to care. My therapists dropped me after noticing I have bpd :I lol. I dont think its too much of a bad sign.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rolliewoo, RedHarlequin, Isisnefert and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Is he young?

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At least it shows empathy I guess, it's better than someone with a cold personality. That is strange though, I associated therapists with being desensitised to people's situations as they see so many patients.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Ramirez, Rolliewoo and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Imagine getting paid six figures to cry and whimper out "t-take m-more walks and d-drink water".

• Yay!
Reactions: N2Narcosis, whitefeather, MutatedFlower and 1 other person
J

Joplin

May 2, 2021
I think it's a beautiful thing. They are still people and feelings are not flaws, feelings show connections. Sometimes deep connections. At least you have a therapist that cares deeply for your well-being and is therefore hopefully dead set on helping you overcome these obstacles as I'm sure you deserve. Who knows what he is going through!?
I say some very straightforward things to these doctors lately because I'm suicidally depressed (clearly! I'm on SS!) and well quite frankly I'm not in therapy for messing around. So I too have seen my doctor tear up and my own psychologist get gravely concerned but I know they truly care and I will truly miss them when I am gone.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Ramirez, hahabye and 3 others
S

sm20

Student
May 5, 2021
Maybe he went through/is going through something similar to what you told him about, if you were calmly telling it to him I think that's a possibility.

• Love
Reactions: stillweary and Rolliewoo
Rolliewoo

Rolliewoo

Mar 14, 2021
I'm thinking this is both a good and bad thing haha....you need your therapist to be a strong pillow, not crumbling along side you. Perhaps like someone else has said he has maybe gone through a similar experience, we just never know huh...