vertigokandy

vertigokandy

May 3, 2023
I have been in love ever since i was a child, 0 the princesses in the movies, tracing steps when i could, begged my mom to let me into ballet at the age of three and performing on stages ever since, i love dancing, i practiced jazz and urban hip hop, i was delighted to be on stage and dance away, i danced traditional ballet it filled me with a joy i cannot explain, i felt beautiful, until i turned 16 and the pain caught up to me. I could no longer twirl without feeling sick, jump without jolting my legs. The trembling in my hands got worse and no matter how hard i tried i couldn't keep up with the choreography.
I still put makeup just like i would before a last rehearsal and cry. Even the simplest waltz excites me but i wish i could dance again.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: wetcigarette, Rocinante, cgrtt.brns and 1 other person
wetcigarette

wetcigarette

all bunnies go to heaven
May 13, 2023
im sorry to hear that your pain caused you to quit an amazing hobby. i had a similar experience in my teen years too; i also loved to dance and even tried out for my highschool's drill team at one point, but life isn't always fair to people like us. i kind of pity the non-dancers who will never experience the pure joy and excitement of being able to freely move around on a stage with bright lights, just letting the music guide your body. i hope that one day you can get on a stage again and dance your heart out.