Quiet_Observer

Quiet_Observer

Aug 22, 2023
Took this pic of Saturn last night with my telescope, this is the best pic of it ive got in a few weeks. Space is a cool way to not think about things that bother me Image

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: rationaltake, ClaudeCTTE, cgrtt.brns and 14 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Oh my lord, that's so pretty!!! Space is so awesome! I save a lot of GIFs and whatnot of space pics I find online often and they're so majestic. Stars

• Love
Reactions: アホペンギン, TheGoodGuy and Quiet_Observer
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I love space, I love to look up at the night sky thinking that when I am looking at the stars and the moon they´re exactly the same as back when I looked up at them as a child and teenager, all those times in my life I have looked up at the night sky thinking about my life it is just a constant in this every changing world that never changes and I love that it also fills me with dread and sometimes existentialism just thinking how insignificant we really are. But mostly it´s the beauty, melancholy and nostalgia of the night sky that does the trick for me, I will be going for a walk tonight again I love going for night walks when the world is quiet looking up at the beautifully star filled sky thinking about my life and thinking about child me looking up at the same stars and moon back when I was a child :heart:

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, アホペンギン and theslasher
d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

d3j3ct3dl0s3r05

i am so lainpilled :3 (? days left)
Apr 15, 2023
SAMEEE I love space sm. I used to talk to the moon as a kid lol. But other than that, I went through this pretty lengthy astronomer/astrophysicist phase

Reactions: アホペンギン and theslasher
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This photo is awesome! I like astronomy and all stuff about space. But I neglected this beautiful hobby since a very long time. Can I pm u?

• Love
Reactions: アホペンギン and Quiet_Observer
Quiet_Observer

Quiet_Observer

Aug 22, 2023
This photo is awesome! I like astronomy and all stuff about space. But I neglected this beautiful hobby since a very long time. Can I pm u?
Thanks! But I have alot of anxiety so im not comfortable with pms, thx for the request though!

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Space is awesome! You've reminded me of this composite of a lunar eclipse I took a few years ago.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, NumbItAll, Pluto and 8 others
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
Space is beautiful and very depressing, like the story of my life

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NumbItAll, TheGoodGuy and Praestat_Mori
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
Space is one of the few things in life that really interest me. I absolutely love learning about it. Also you guys are quote talented with those pictures, it really makes me want to get into astro photography for myself.

Aside from that I want to get into the hobby of making bottle rockets, rc drones, and all sorts of things like that.

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This thread made me look through some of my astro photos as well. Photos: Moon, partial solar ecplipse and Mercury transit from a few years ago. I'm a bit angry at myself bc I neglect this nice hobby so much :-(

Attachments

• Moon01.png
    Moon01.png
    318.5 KB · Views: 0
  • eclipse_sun_part.png
    eclipse_sun_part.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Mercury_transit.png
    Mercury_transit.png
    356.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Pluto, Ruma, アホペンギン and 4 others
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
This thread made me look through some of my astro photos as well. Photos: Moon, partial solar ecplipse and Mercury transit from a few years ago. I'm a bit angry at myself bc I neglect this nice hobby so much :-(
I feel that the planets are unique , and special and have a personality. Thank you for sending these pictures of yours. They have many meanings.

• Hugs
TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
I'm a bit angry at myself bc I neglect this nice hobby so much :-(
Well, the sky hasn't gone anywhere. Give it another go one of these nights. Just you, your gear, the cool night breeze, and the vastness of the cosmos above. ;)

• Love
Reactions: theslasher and Praestat_Mori
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Space is always a great thing, in my opinion. There's so much out there and who knows what's all out there waiting to be explored! Supernovas, constellations, possibly extraterrestrial life out there. Literally sign me up

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and theslasher
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Saturn was always my favourite planet. If it were solid- do you suppose you could gaze up and see a band across the sky- its rings? Would they be like loads of little moons? 🪐❤️

• Love
Reactions: アホペンギン, Praestat_Mori, Seered Doom and 1 other person
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

Sep 9, 2023
Neptune and Uranus were always favourites on my end because they look so pretty and blue. Sure, they're icey, but the atmosphere from the pictures we have always looked so cool.

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
thebookofdisquiet.

thebookofdisquiet.

Student
Sep 9, 2023
Since I was a little kid I remember wishing I could look up and be able to see planets, moons and galaxies adorning the sky like this: 2a1a5fe8caadf3bbb5d622f7c2535adb

Reality is so underwhelming...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, Praestat_Mori and アホペンギン
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: thebookofdisquiet. and Praestat_Mori
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I remember watching a video by Phil Plait from Bad Astronomy in which mentioned how breathtaking Saturn is for people viewing it for the first time through a telescope. He certainly had a point.