Eternity

Eternity

Apr 24, 2020
A couple months ago I lost my boyfriend. He took his own life with N, so it was planned.
I never saw it coming, despite the fact we both struggled with mental health issues (depression, bpd).
I met him last summer when we both joined a group therapy for bpd issues.

He never told me he had N in his house. With the information I know now, how hard it is to purchase N, I wonder if he was also a member of this community.
It looked like he had it al together in his last months. He started a new job, had his own house & attented college. But I guess it never made him happy or even feeling a bit better.

The last time I saw him, I was struggling (again) with depression. He wanted to help me, but I was convinced I wasn't good enough so I kind of broke up with him (telling him that i couldn't make him happy and needed time). First he denied it and cried, but accepted it and told me how much he loved me, that I was the most beautiful woman he ever met. We cuddled and kissed. At that time, I didn't think it was suspicious. I just felt loved and flattered.

Now I know this was his goodbye. A day after our talk he took his life.

They say it will get better over time. Well, it doesn't. It only gets worse. I feel numb, guilty, sad, depressed all day. I can't even find the right words anymore.
I struggle with bpd and depression half of my life (and I'm just in my mid 20's). The day he died, that last piece of hope and joy inside of me died with him too.
After years of therapy, struggles and trauma's I am just done. So that's what brought me here, to get informed well. I don't want to do anything impulsive.
I guess I'll go for partial, since I don't have the energy anymore for big preparations.
The only and one thing that keeps me going, are my parents. I don't want them to endure the pain I feel & worse.
But I can't keep going just for them.

Sorry for this sad story. It helped a bit to write it down and to be here. In a weird way, this community gives me support just by reading other people's experiences.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Solar1703, voyager, I’llbewithyousoon and 28 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
So sorry to read of your loss, Sounds like you didn't have long together, but that time would have been special regardless.
I read a beautiful statement once, someone was replying to someone who had lost a loved one to suicide, the person was heartbroken, a reply was simply
We do not move on, instead we simply step forward in life.

Do not be sorry for sharing your story, to be able to speak openly in a forum of strangers is a huge thing, and thank you for talking to us here.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessCycle
MotherOfCats

MotherOfCats

Apr 23, 2020
This is so tragic, I feel awful for you. At least you got to share some precious time together, even if it was a struggle for you both.
I really hope you can find a way to climb out of this deep, deep hole. We're all here for you, even if you just want to talk.

PeachBlossoms2310

PeachBlossoms2310

Apr 24, 2020
I'm sorry for your loss, I myself have been depressed and suicidal since I lost my other half as well (not to suicide though).

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: voyager, Erase.myself, Isittimetogonola and 1 other person
Nobbo

Nobbo

Apr 21, 2020
A couple months ago I lost my boyfriend. He took his own life with N, so it was planned.
I never saw it coming, despite the fact we both struggled with mental health issues (depression, bpd).

He never told me he had N in his house. With the information I know now, how hard it is to purchase N, I wonder if he was also a member of this community.
It looked like he had it al together in his last months. He started a new job, had his own house & attented college. But I guess it never made him happy or even feeling a bit better.

The last time I saw him, I was struggling (again) with depression. He wanted to help me, but I was convinced I wasn't good enough so I kind of broke up with him (telling him that i couldn't make him happy and needed time). First he denied it and cried, but accepted it and told me how much he loved me, that I was the most beautiful woman he ever met. We cuddled and kissed. At that time, I didn't think it was suspicious. I just felt loved and flattered.

They say it will get better over time. Well, it doesn't. It only gets worse. I feel numb, guilty, sad, depressed all day. I can't even find the right words anymore.
I struggle with bpd and depression half of my life (and I'm just in my mid 20's). The day he died, that last piece of hope and joy inside of me died with him too.
After years of therapy, struggles and trauma's I am just done. So that's what brought me here, to get informed well. I don't want to do anything impulsive.
I guess I'll go for partial, since I don't have the energy anymore for big preparations.
The only and one thing that keeps me going, are my parents. I don't want them to endure the pain I feel & worse.

Sorry for this sad story. It helped a bit to write it down and to be here. In a weird way, this community gives me support just by reading other people's experiences.
I feel you, I lost my girlfriend couple months ago. Not as tough as your situation, but she broke up with me and rightly so cause I wasn't good enough for her. I'm planning on ctb as well, and it's not getting better over time either. They always say time heals and that it'll get better but for me it's only getting worse by the day. The longer I live the worse it gets. Wish that someone could give me a pill n I just die

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, EndlessCycle, Isittimetogonola and 4 others
Eternity

Eternity

Apr 24, 2020
Thank you all for the sweet replies. It feels good to share my story here. In real world everyone has their own opinion and judgement (about depression, ctb, me & him).

I feel you, I lost my girlfriend couple months ago. Not as tough as your situation, but she broke up with me and rightly so cause I wasn't good enough for her. I'm planning on ctb as well, and it's not getting better over time either. They always say time heals and that it'll get better but for me it's only getting worse by the day. The longer I live the worse it gets. Wish that someone could give me a pill n I just die
I am sorry to hear it's not getting better and you're in so much pain. I hope you will feel better soon, but i can imagine the pain and despair.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Isittimetogonola
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020

BABE I HEAR U XX
I LOST MY LOVER IN MY EARLY 20S TO OVERDOSE.. IT TOOK ME A DECADE TO "HEAL"..
SOME MONTHS AGO I LOST MY SOUL MATE TO AN OVERDOSE AT NIGHT IN OUR BED..
THAT EVENING SOME HOURS BEFORE- WE WENT ON A NIGHT STROLL IN AN ABANDONED FACTORY TO SOBER UP A BIT.. AND I JUST STOPED - LOOKED AT HIM AND SAID- NEVER DO THAT AGAIN! (HE HAD 2 SUICIDE ATTEMPTS THAT YEAR) AND MOVED IN WITH ME JUST A WEEK BEFORE THAT NIGHT.. HE HUGGED ME A HUGE WARM BEAR HUG AND SAID INTO MY EAR- I DONT HAVE TO NOW- I GOT MY PUMPKIN..
THAT WAS THE HAPPIEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE..
IN THE MORNING I WOKE UP IN HIS COLD EMBRACE..
X

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Eternity, WinterFaust and 4 others
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Oh, fuck, that hits right in my feels T.T
I lost my best friend a few months ago. We met on a a facebook group for suicidals and talked every single day for 8 years. At one point he even came to my country and we rented an apartment together, but we were mutually toxic and it didnt work out so I ended things. He begged me to come back, I told him I dont want to sound mean but hes a bit abusive and I think its in my best interest to just remain friends.
At one point we kinda entered a pact together to jump off Gorlitz railway bridge, but he locked himself in a hotel and took SN. He was found 3 days later, and I got notified by a member because he used to be a member of ss.
I went to the bridge myself and screamed. Just stood there all night and screamed. Tried to jump 2 times, then 2 or 3 times off other bridges, then I waited for the train to come but chickened out, finally tried to walk in the river but also backed out. I was cold, shaking, I cried so bad I couldnt catch my breath, at one point I was so stressed I started throwing up on the bus home that I literally crawled to get into.
I dont remember much after that, but I know I spent 3,5 months in a mental ward. Ive seen things that didnt exist. Maggots, dead bodies hanging from the ceiling. I screamed and cried and constantly talked about joining him
It fucking destroyed me, thats all. I know I couldnt take the power of making the final decision off him and make him live even though he didnt want to , but it still hurts. And now I dont want to make new friends ever again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: voyager, Eternity, Isittimetogonola and 5 others
lmroch

lmroch

Experienced
Jun 24, 2019

Attachments

• grief is just love.jpg
    grief is just love.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 15
  • grief rearranges your mind.png
    grief rearranges your mind.png
    509.5 KB · Views: 15
  • losing someone changes you.png
    losing someone changes you.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • repeating your story.png
    repeating your story.png
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • someone to see your grief.png
    someone to see your grief.png
    510.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Love
Reactions: Eternity and TimeToBiteTheDust
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
Oh, fuck, that hits right in my feels T.T
I lost my best friend a few months ago. We met on a a facebook group for suicidals and talked every single day for 8 years. At one point he even came to my country and we rented an apartment together, but we were mutually toxic and it didnt work out so I ended things. He begged me to come back, I told him I dont want to sound mean but hes a bit abusive and I think its in my best interest to just remain friends.
At one point we kinda entered a pact together to jump off Gorlitz railway bridge, but he locked himself in a hotel and took SN. He was found 3 days later, and I got notified by a member because he used to be a member of ss.
I went to the bridge myself and screamed. Just stood there all night and screamed. Tried to jump 2 times, then 2 or 3 times off other bridges, then I waited for the train to come but chickened out, finally tried to walk in the river but also backed out. I was cold, shaking, I cried so bad I couldnt catch my breath, at one point I was so stressed I started throwing up on the bus home that I literally crawled to get into.
I dont remember much after that, but I know I spent 3,5 months in a mental ward. Ive seen things that didnt exist. Maggots, dead bodies hanging from the ceiling. I screamed and cried and constantly talked about joining him
It fucking destroyed me, thats all. I know I couldnt take the power of making the final decision off him and make him live even though he didnt want to , but it still hurts. And now I dont want to make new friends ever again.
WORD X

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
So sorry for your loss. As you say, this site helps us not to feel the only ones that are feeling this way. We are here to listen.

• Love
Reactions: Eternity
K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020

BUT MATE- I JUST CANT BEAR THE BROKEN LOOKS AND EMOTIONS ETC THAT PEOPLE HAVE TOWARDS ME..
ITS JUST ANOTHER PUNCH.. I SHUT EVERYONE OUT.. I CANT SHARE WHAT HAPPENED AND GRIEVE.. IM OBV PUNISHING MYSELF' BUT IT COMES FROM A PLACE THAT I JUST NEED PEACE AND DONT WANT TO HURT THEM AND SADDEN THEM MAKE THEM WORRIED... I OBV LOST THE PLOT ENTIRELY THIS TIME.. BUT THERES JUST TOO MUCH.. IVE LOST A LOT OF LOVED ONES AND ALWAYS MANAGED TO PROJECT LOVE AFTERWARDS ASWELL AS B IN SO MUCH PAIN.. THIS TIME IT KNOCKE ME OUT.. K.O'D ME TOO HARD..
I WAS ALWAYS A LOVER.. BUT I LOST MY HEART SO IM NON EXISTENT..
X

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy, Iloveyouall, Lostandfound7 and 1 other person
miguel6565

miguel6565

Arcanist
Apr 5, 2020
i am sorry for your pain,
You make me cry, i am gonna ctb soon and cannot imagine if my girl will feel like this,i cannot anything i wish she dont feel guilty

• Love
Reactions: Eternity and K-O
Remember to forget

Remember to forget

Mar 6, 2020
Eternity and K-O, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It must be such a lonely and devistating time for you. I have lost quite a few people but never a partner, I couldn't begin to understand how devistating it must be. Xx

• Love
Reactions: Eternity and K-O
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Man... My heart breaks reading that.I'm so sorry..

Reactions: EndlessCycle and Remember to forget
T

Trulylost

Kinda of in, kind of out. Mostly lost
Dec 9, 2019
I'm so sorry for your loss. Today marks a year since mine took his life and had me find him. It's been a year full of trauma and the most darkest pit of pain since. Going on with life is so tough. Grief is a horrible thing to go through especially if you already suffer from depression or any sort of mental illness. Nothing in the world anyone says will make you feel better or take the pain away but I'm so incredibly sorry and you're not alone. Feel free to pm me If you need to vent or just need someone to listen.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager, I’llbewithyousoon, dmsdnd18 and 4 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I am so sorry for your loss :heart: :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Eternity
reznikoff

reznikoff

Despondent
Jan 13, 2019
My heart breaks for you. Your strength and your courage is immeasurable. Nothing, no tragedy or no hardship, will ever take that away from you. I'm sending you so much love. We all are. This community is here for you.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessCycle and Eternity
akrasia

akrasia

-hugs-
Feb 11, 2020
omg, my heart just breaks reading your story. it made me cry, not sure why, i never had a lover before. i'm deeply sorry for your lost. i can see how much pain you're in and you deserve better. welcome to this lovely community, i hope you enjoy your time here.

• Love
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, EndlessCycle, Eternity and 1 other person
D

dmsdnd18

Sep 26, 2019
I'm sorry for your loss. My boyfriend and I both struggled with depression most of our lives and he took his life almost two years ago. It has not gotten any easier. Most of the time I just wish he would've taken me with him. Feel free to message me if you'd like

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: voyager, I’llbewithyousoon and K-O