R

Rudeus_Greyrat

Oct 13, 2024
A month ago, I was the happiest person on this planet. I had a loving, beautiful, marvelous and devoted girlfriend, who provided for me economically and emotionally, and a wonderful, loyal and funny brother, who acted as my best friend.
They both let me administrate their money as if it was mine, because I helped them in a stage of their life where they didn't know what to do; once I had multiple nervous breakdown because of my job, they became supportive and we exchanged roles. They started to provide for me: and I felt absurdly loved and cared for. Everyday I woke up happily, ready to play games, clean the house, or handle the economical aspects of our everyday life.
It was perfect.

Until, it all fell apart.
My girlfriend left me all of a sudden, because "I was too much of a burden for her." I begged her, told her I'd do anything, but nothing worked.
My brother betrayed me soon after for a similar reason, stating that "he was sure I could get up on my own legs".
This was after years, 5 years spent telling me "don't worry, we know about your condition, you're mentally broke and depressed, and we'll gladly protect you as you did with us before."

Now, a month later, I'm completely alone.
I relied upon them for everything, from the social position, to the unconditional love, to the circle of friends.
I lost everything. And I don't have the will to build it back up from scratch.
For what purpose, anyway?
To live a life alone, in poverty, under the meds provided by a psychiatrist?
I could never trust someone again, I could never love again. I could never be that happy again, or accept any kind of inferior happiness, so to speak.

I know, it's a strange story, with an awful ending. But I'm tired. I'm at my parents place right now, and I already got my SN.
Now the only thing that I'm wondering is, should I try? Should I try to endure this abysmal loneliness, something that I never had the chance to experience because of the life-long relationship I had with my brother. I never had to face it, and now it's unsustainable.
I feel weak. Abandoned, betrayed, cast aside like a piece of trash.
I would never have done this to them, if they were in my position. I'd care for them, like I did in the past, even if they were a "burden".
The only reason I could try and live on, is for the next exciting videogames, but how long until that loses its appeal?
I've got no one to share that with, anymore.
And most of all, with what kind of money?
I have an interview scheduled for tomorrow, but I fear that if it doesn't go well, I may even start to plan my ctb.
I don't find any reason to live here any longer, and they simply won't care about it.
My girlfriend is a totally different person, like if she never existed. My brother? Same thing, he basically ignores me.

I feel like if someone threw me into a nightmare just for the sake of it.
I want out. I want to go to the next world.
To my world. Because I, for sure, don't belong here.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, Leiot, Tony24 and 5 others
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Im sorry for your situation!
Honestly it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself to go.
I think that you're hurting & maybe reacting on impulse. Acting on impulse means almost surefire failure
To me, it doesn't sound like it's your time yet. Just my 2 cents worth.
If it were me I would wait till the emotions subside a bit then rethink it through.
No judgement at all.
I hope you're able to find peace with whatever decisions you make🌹💔

• Love
Reactions: Leiot, ForgottenAgain, Redacted24 and 3 others
R

Rudeus_Greyrat

Oct 13, 2024
Im sorry for your situation!
Honestly it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself to go.
I think that you're hurting & maybe reacting on impulse. Acting on impulse means almost surefire failure
To me, it doesn't sound like it's your time yet. Just my 2 cents worth.
If it were me I would wait till the emotions subside a bit then rethink it through.
No judgement at all.
I hope you're able to find peace with whatever decisions you make🌹💔
Why do you say this? Asking out of curiosity. I always said them, "if you two die, I'll follow you after no more than one day". I ask myself, why should I live on? What's awaiting me further beyond, aside from loneliness, poverty, and regret for a perfect life that lasted only for a limited fraction of time, casting a shadow on everything that will come after it?

anopenwound

anopenwound

I̸'̷m̵ ̸g̶o̷i̶n̵g̷ ̶h̵o̶m̶e̶.̵
Jul 27, 2024
I lost people in that way too. I'm too heavy of a weight to carry. And people that left became unrecognizable. Like those who I actually loved are dead. Gone forever. I'm not far behind.

I'm so sorry life has been so unfair to you. You deserve peace.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
I'm so sorry you lost everything in a snap, so suddenly. I'll let you know that here on SaSu, at least, you'll always find a compassionate ear to listen to you.
Peace.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and anopenwound
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I'm sorry to hear your life changed so drastically in such a short span of time, it is not easy to deal with...
I share the same opinion as @maniac116 . You said yourself that your life was great just a month ago, things went downhill suddenly and that is objectively bad but there's still a lot of things you can try before coming to the ultimate solution. I don't know your life and I don't want to sound like a pro-lifer, I truly believe it is someone's choice to ctb and that, in certain situations, that is the best choice, but from what you described, you're still on the early days of navigating this wave. A lot can happen that can improve your life again. It would be wrong from us to wish you good luck on ctb when there's so much you can still do.

Your brother and ex-girlfriend clearly cared for you a lot. It's hard to talk with exes when the relationship is broken up, but you still have your brother. I know you said he changed out of the blue and said you were a burden, from experience of being on his shoes, these things are usually not out of the blue. He may have been feeling like you were a burden for much longer but never spoke about it until it was too much. Did something particular set him off? Maybe a candid chat with him, asking him to tell you everything he has been bottling up can help to heal the relationship and potentially find some middle ground.

You also have an interview lined up which can change the course of your life - give you money, independence, new connections with people.

You said you're at your parents house, could be worth talking to them about your situation and what happened with your brother. It's not easy to care for someone else emotionally and financially, I've been there with my sister... but your brother was there for you for 5 years and made you happy, that is quite honourable, he seems like an amazing person that truly loves you. I think it's very worth it to not let that relationship die, to do what you can do understand him and try to repair what you have. It may be something simple, it may have been too much for him to support himself and you, and if you find another solution, through that job you've applied for or another one, that may make things fall back into place in an even better state - where you have more independence and he is less burdened.

I hope this makes sense. You're free to follow or disregard my message, but I couldn't, in good consciousness, just wish you farewell when you seem to have several good things going for you, that may be repaired.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, Leiot and lnlybnny
L

lnlybnny

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2024
One thing I learned in this life is: trust no human. EVER.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, KillingPain267 and divinemistress36
FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
I think learning to be independent is a critical life skill, especially if you have a disability. No one owes another person financial control, or emotional support, but you may be entitled to government assistance. Partners can leave you for whatever reason, even if that reason is no reason at all. I wish you the best.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain and lnlybnny
Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
I agree with @FallingGrace.
So yeah while your situation sucks, I can also says that your ex Gf and your brother had an astounding patience. Providing for 5 years while you were playing games ? 99.9% people out there wouldn't have lasted 6 months. You had this, you still have your parents to fall back on.

Most people dont even have a chance let alone two. I think you are still in a situation where you can manage, just dont make the same mistake twice. The hardest part will be to consider my advice : once you're back on your two feet (you can do it !) thank them profusely.

Let bygone be bygone and grab this new life.
It will also shows them you grew in the procèss and mend a lot of what was lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForgottenAgain
L

lnlybnny

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2024
I think learning to be independent is a critical life skill, especially if you have a disability. No one owes another person financial control, or emotional support, but you may be entitled to government assistance. Partners can leave you for whatever reason, even if that reason is no reason at all. I wish you the best.
Even my own father is financially withdrawing from me lol I mean I'm 29 neet but still, he doesn't care about my reasons for being a neet and always was emotioinally neglecting. All this to say: you can't trust even your own parents.