baller

baller

"such is life"
Apr 30, 2024
sasu is probably the worst place to go to for relationship advice lol but im just kinda getting stuff off my chest

I like someone and he's really sweet and we like the same stuff but I really never thought i'd like anyone ever. Nobody's ever liked me and so i doubt he also likes me.

I told my therapist about him. She's happy for me, I told her I was scared and she asked me why. I couldn't be honest with her. I just told her I was afraid of rejection which yeah, is true, but not the real reason. I know I want to ctb, I don't want the burden on my death on more people than it already will affect. I don't think i'm mentally well enough for a relationship. also i'm really ugly lol

Idk, i just felt like telling someone since i couldn't tell anyone else, advice is appreciated

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kunikuzushi, sleeps and 2 others
R

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
In my opinion I think you should try to get over him, especially since you're already suicidal. it just makes things even more complicated. While There's a chance thing might go extremely well and that you might even find happiness with him, the worst case scenario could also be that you get attached so much that it'll worsen your mental health even more if he ever leaves.

• Love
Reactions: baller
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
At the age of 68, NO I AM NOT BEING SNOTTY EVER, as I mention my age, as with me, I missed out on more than one relationship way back in the 1970's and 1980's because I was shy and also because I do not think that it would work out, or I was not good enough and the list goes on.

Now, all these years later when I look back, I can say with 100% convection and honesty that I sure wish that I would have taken the opportunity and ran with it as far as the relationships goes.

Would it have worked out, who knows, BUT I never gave and/or took the chance when I had it and I sure wish now that I had done so.

Beyond the old saying of "nothing ventured, nothing gained" just the aspect of holding hands and walking and having a laugh together is in its self-pure bliss.

I have had mental health issues all my life and I in my heart feel that if a person is going to reciprocate feelings and mutual thoughtfulness, then the mental health part of the equation is a very small or non-existent matter.

You are much younger than me and taking a chance at having a friendship and/or more would be too much for me to pass up and I would at least try and say hi and get a feel for the lay of the land.

Give it a shot and see what happens, the worst is that it would be a no go and just think if it works out.

PLEASE do NOT give me crap about my age or life experience part, I am just trying to help, as we are all family here, thank you.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: MentalFuneral, Whale_bones, deepocean and 3 others
Chronicallyunwell

Chronicallyunwell

Aug 9, 2024
Please tell them and please go and live life for as long as you can.

• Love
Reactions: whywere, deepocean and baller
D

deepocean

Aug 19, 2024
At the age of 68, NO I AM NOT BEING SNOTTY EVER, as I mention my age, as with me, I missed out on more than one relationship way back in the 1970's and 1980's because I was shy and also because I do not think that it would work out, or I was not good enough and the list goes on.

Now, all these years later when I look back, I can say with 100% convection and honesty that I sure wish that I would have taken the opportunity and ran with it as far as the relationships goes.

Would it have worked out, who knows, BUT I never gave and/or took the chance when I had it and I sure wish now that I had done so.

Beyond the old saying of "nothing ventured, nothing gained" just the aspect of holding hands and walking and having a laugh together is in its self-pure bliss.

I have had mental health issues all my life and I in my heart feel that if a person is going to reciprocate feelings and mutual thoughtfulness, then the mental health part of the equation is a very small or non-existent matter.

You are much younger than me and taking a chance at having a friendship and/or more would be too much for me to pass up and I would at least try and say hi and get a feel for the lay of the land.

Give it a shot and see what happens, the worst is that it would be a no go and just think if it works out.

PLEASE do NOT give me crap about my age or life experience part, I am just trying to help, as we are all family here, thank you.

Walter
True. It's better to try then to never even start.
I am in the same situation but now I have decide to give everything a shot. Everything I am afraid I still try to overcome my fears and do everything. Sometimes I regret sometimes it gives me eternal peace and makes me feel contended and happy that I tried.
Life is never right or wrong. Just do what your heart wants.
There are many days in life BUT IT ONLY MATTERS WHEN YOU CREATE LIFE IN THOSE DAYS.
YOUR STRONG, AND I REALLY WANT YOU TO CHERISH THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE FOR NOW.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: baller and whywere
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
maybe you can just enjoy the pure feeling of finding someone interesting and liking the same stuff for now. and see how things go. and I truly hate how I look and think I'm objectively ugly but sometimes there really are people who can end up finding someone beautiful for their personality, as stupid as that sounds. so I wish you one step closer to believing you're not ugly, but actually beautiful.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: baller and whywere