B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
I'm new here, but surprised no one has mentioned that more often. Seems like some pretty good devices exist (since EI basically are professionals at this) and a method like that seems better than 98% of the stuff discussed on here. So, not sure why it's not mentioned more often, not to mention where to acquire such a device. I originally saw this in the "Night-night" mega thread. TLDR, so many of these methods are mid or worse, why can't we all focus on the best ones and get the info out there?
Night-Night mega thread. Page 46 (of 50) post #1372. 3:26 into the 3:41 long video. Where to get that device?? seems better than 99% of the stuff on here. could help many people. maybe we could focus on this, instead of everything being so all over the place on here

Last edited:
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Are you talking about the collar-like object with the points sticking out of it? I believe that was a prototype that was meant to demonstrate a concept more than a functional tool to ctb with. I don't recall there being any information on how to acquire one, in any case.

There's information on something similar in the "Night-Night method" thread. The author recommended putting a ratchet strap around your throat, with some weighty bean bags between the strap and your neck to simulate the biceps of a policeman performing a choke hold on you.

Several people have tried that method, myself included, and as far as I know there have been 0 successes. The major problem appears to be the necessity of crushing the carotid arteries, which commonly lie quite deep beneath the surface of the skin at the sides of the neck. Lots of people crush the shallower-lying jugular veins instead, which takes a while to cause blackout and causes a very unpleasant feeling, like your head's about to explode. Crushing the windpipe at the front of the neck is worse—it takes even longer and causes a lot of pain.

The general consensus is that performing "night-night" on yourself is a non-viable method.

Reactions: Bacon and Baseball
B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
appreciate your thoughts. Yes, that is what I'm talking about. There is a video on page 45 or 46 of that thread showing someone doing it. I think it's a very viable method, if you just find the right objects to do it. just my opinion
the concept is viable. I think doing it with duct tape and corn bags isn't the best way. the arteries are easy to find. someone described it well in that thread when they said to put your hands in a U shape. The reason I mention this and brought it up is no I don't think Corn bags are good with tape. I haven't tried with the ratchet, but I don't like practicing, because I get a headache afterward haha. But I would think with the right setup, it would be extremely viable! and the concept in general is far superior to most options. Pass out painlessly then you're gone. just surprised there isn't more discussion about it, as my personal opinion is surely it works if done correctly. I appreciate your response tho, as you were the only one

Last edited: