almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020

Reactions: BitterlyAlive, lucid and Sarahlynn
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I think there was for a while, but people were using it inappropriately, like leaving laughs for goodbye threads & stuff, so it was removed :( makes sense imo

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Deleted member 14573, Skathon and 5 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I thought they should have an option. Like a check box and "add :pfff:"

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I think it's okay if it is used properly. Like someone might make a thread about memes, jokes or basically any topic that is light-hearted, and you might use the laugh emoji to show that you found something funny. On the other hand if it's used to make fun of people, like @nnnerve said, then that's not good.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Maybe if there was a way to only turn it on in certain threads then it would be okay? Like posts with the Venting filter could be prevented from having the laugh emoji on them? I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement but just a suggestion. Personally I totally get why it's not an option though.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, sadghost and Skathon
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
There are the little emojis...but sometimes I find myself wishing for a laughing reaction too. Some people on here are so funny.

epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
The way you phrased the question deserves a laughing emoji.

On a serious note, some other users had said there was a laughing emoji before, but people misused it and started laughing on serious threads. I even made a thread in "feedback" section (not available in new update) to allow laughing emoji only in "offtopic" threads but they deleted my thread instead.

Another alternative would be to allow user making the thread to turn off the laughing emojis for their thread .

Last edited:
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I think there was for a while, but people were using it inappropriately, like leaving laughs for goodbye threads & stuff, so it was removed :( makes sense imo
It makes sense for them to be removed not the laughing emoji

O

overcomingfear

Experienced
Sep 1, 2020
It's fucked up but so funny to me im sorry lol

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Removed due to misuse. All the nail-on emoticons are pretty innocent. I use the reply emoticons or giphy.com for a more nuanced reply. But yeah, I wanna LOL quite often.