И

исчезающий

Aug 24, 2020
I still have extinct of survival, and because of that I am still very afraid to put it into practice, especially if it is a method in which I can feel pain. Is it a way to overcome the "extinct survival"? Or is there really some kind of painless method?

(I'm sorry for my troubled English is that I use a translator app because I don't speak English very well)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lily (Osako) and Hazelnut
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
hi, you mean 'survival instinct' (SI)?

It's difficult to overcome, and I think it all depends on each individual.
But a lot of it comes down to accepting one's own death, accepting it as some kind of fate, or the next phase of something else.
Once you really accept it, it probably becomes easier.
From what I've read on this site, people who 100% commit to ctb describe it as a relief, and they feel free again, knowing that they don't have long to go.

The only 'painless' method I know of is N, but even then I'm not totally sure.

• Love
Reactions: Lily (Osako), Captive of Mind, исчезающий and 1 other person
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
There's no definitive method to eliminate SI. Painless methods include opioid overdose, pentobarbital, inert gas inhalation, and maybe CO inhalation (I'm unsure, since I read that nausea/headaches may occur). These methods have other difficulties, however.

Also, to be technical, opioid overdose may not be painless since the injection may cause some pain, even if trivial. I'm not certain about pentobarbital, but from what I've read, I am confident that it's a pain-free method. Allegedly it may cause vomiting, but it's unclear to me how often this occurs or how the sensation compares to regular vomiting.

Reactions: Lily (Osako), исчезающий and Hazelnut