Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
"I neither know nor think I know" - Socrates

As the years continue on, I feel like I know nothing about the world. This isn't a statement rooted in self-loathing, I believe there is no problem with admitting you know nothing. Recently, I have been reading a book on World Geography and a major message the book presents is to accept that there is so much about the world that you don't know. Someone can spend a lifetime studying the intricacies of social operation in Tajikistan in Central Asia and still have much more to learn about it, and Tajikistan is only one of almost 200 official countries in the world. The vastness of the world and its almost 8 billion people gives me a sense of humility. When I go outside and interact with people, many times I cannot predict the personality of the person from their physical characteristics or background. The world is just so complex, that it's hard for me to hold any strong beliefs or generalizations about the people around me. Also, for this reason, it's hard for me to reasonably hate anyone. I have my internal biases but I can often reason them away.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, didn't-it-rain, Rounded Apathy and 4 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Yeah I don't know much. I'm pretty clueless. Really clueless. As a general rule I don't hate people, but religious pro-lifers that like to impose their way of life are the worst

Reactions: Salvation_ and Dysgenic Pup
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
From the Dao de Jing:
"Not-knowing is true knowledge. Presuming to know is a disease." [71] (Mitchell)
"One who knows is not learned; one who is learned does not know." [81] (Linell)

• Informative
Reactions: Alayna and Dysgenic Pup
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
I wish I could articulate my words better to present my ideas in a more effective way. I'm really scatterbrained at the moment.

flightless bird

flightless bird

somewhere over the rainbow
Aug 18, 2022
I seriously think that the word knowledge doesn't even refer to anything, it is an illusion. We learn some techniques to use in life while we're alive and we call it knowledge, but technique is not really a knowing, it is just a programming, a brain wired in a specific way.

No one knows shit.

Reactions: Dysgenic Pup
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
I wish I could articulate my words better to present my ideas in a more effective way. I'm really scatterbrained at the moment.
Don't worry. Those of us who know, well...know.

I seriously think that the word knowledge doesn't even refer to anything, it is an illusion.
At one point, we "knew" the sun revolved around the earth, which was flat btw. But now it's the other way round and also it's round.

Reactions: Dysgenic Pup and flightless bird