it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
...and I feel so gulity about it. I'm the only living thing she loves and cares about in this world other than cats; she actually told me if I died she'd be devastated. But no way am I staying alive for the sake of someone else, my desire to die is my decision alone. I just can't help but feel so sorry for my mom having to deal with my death's aftermath, though.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hotsackage, lobster salad, littlelungs and 12 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I know how you feel. I really want to come up with something that can ease my loved ones pain in the long run. I thought about a series of birthday cards and letters for key milstones in their lives so that a part of me would remain in their lives and memories but I don't know if that would prolong/revive their pain every year.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImReady, sueoffside, lobster salad and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, of course suicide will cause pain to those left behind, but none of us asked to be alive in the first place. It would be selfish for others to expect us to suffer for decades. In my case, I hope others take comfort from the fact that I am no longer suffering and I will write them a note to try and make them understand, maybe it could give them some closure. Anyway, I wish you the best.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, xyzasd, blueclover_. and 5 others
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
Some have to deal with situations like yours, one can try to mitigate or ease the pain by helping those create a circle that can support them when the time comes, prepare cards for explanations, or other things; depending on how she is, but the pain will be there. Is ultimately up to you,

I wish you good luck.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, blueclover_. and it's_all_a_game
H

Hateyouprolife

Survivalist
Sep 4, 2021
I will reccomend my loved ones to try to cope for an year and if that doesnt help then to ctb like me.

Reactions: lobster salad and blueclover_.
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
...and I feel so gulity about it. I'm the only living thing she loves and cares about in this world other than cats; she actually told me if I died she'd be devastated. But no way am I staying alive for the sake of someone else, my desire to die is my decision alone. I just can't help but feel so sorry for my mom having to deal with my death's aftermath, though.
Rel8. Hv hd nghtmres abt it.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
I'm in the same boat, and I don't know what to do either. Obviously one option is to wait it out. Personally, I'm trying to decide between writing a comforting note or making it look like an accident.

• Hugs
Reactions: Beeper, lobster salad, demuic and 2 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Haven't spoken to my parents in a very long time. They always told me that I was too much of a pussy to kill myself. When they find out I ctb they are going to be furious. Because they are still convinced that I will "grow up" and take care of them financially once they retire.

Some people are so fucking narcissistic and delusional. The only solace I have in this life is knowing they will suffer immensely. They are poor as shit and have no plan or savings for retirement. They expect me to take care of them full time. Even though we haven't spoken in years.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: littlelungs, justsayin, Beeper and 9 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Parents suck. Well not all. Some are wonderful. But they should be. Whilst being a good parent might be a thankless job in many cases it is a responsibility taken on and should be taken seriously. What I discovered after living independently and returning home with plans to help my parent was that after all the shit I gave myself over needing to get my shit together and all the efforts I'd put into doing so, I had actually over estimated their decency and forethought. I came to the startling realization that they were just kids bodging it as they went along and their poor logic and selfishness had seen me surpass them and become more of an adult mind than they even have to this day. It's quite unfortunate. I have over estimated many people in life. You base your views of people on your own values and the things you hold yourself accountable for. Often it turns out that people aren't as deserving of your respect and considerstion as you imagined.

So yeah, here's to all the the good parents that have gone unthanked. Whilst you were doing the job your were supposed to do when you took on the responsibility of another life, I would like to commend you for getting it right. I wish you were my parent! :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lobster salad, eternalmelancholy, demuic and 3 others
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
Haven't spoken to my parents in a very long time. They always told me that I was too much of a pussy to kill myself. When they find out I ctb they are going to be furious. Because they are still convinced that I will "grow up" and take care of them financially once they retire.
Percisely my situation rn. Wellll i would LOVE to see their angry narcissistic bitch faces when they find my body HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, lobster salad, eternalmelancholy and 1 other person
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Percisely my situation rn. Wellll i would LOVE to see their angry narcissistic bitch faces when they find my body HAHAHAHAHAHA

Out of all the possible parents I could of had, I was born into a family of uneducated, poor, abusive, religious nutjobs. All I ever wanted was to have a normal life and a normal family. But I guess that is too much to ask.

I know my parents will be pissed when they find out because it will be a "poor reflection" on them. I was always used as a pawn for their own devices. I used to get upset when I saw happy families in public laughing together. But these days I don't even care anymore.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic, blueclover_., it's_all_a_game and 2 others
littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
I understand. My mom will be beyond devastated when I go as well and I'd say that it's been the biggest psychological barrier for me over the years. She's told me in the past that if I plan to die, I should tell her, so that she can go, too, because she won't be able to handle the grief. That puts me in a really tight position, though, because I cannot tell her without her crying (which is understandable; it's undoubtedly an extremely emotional thing) and trying to stop me, and having to constantly deal with the emotional part of all of it while I still have to take care of the logistics before I go. I know that it sounds selfish and maybe even cold (which is not how it's meant at all), but I'm just way too sick to deal with that on top of the profound and unbearable strain of simply making it through the day, in addition to having to prepare for my exit in order to make the aftermath as "smooth" as possible for the people who are left behind.

My life is like one big game of chess, and I need to be strategic in how I approach every last little thing so as to reduce the overall amount of suffering as much as possible. Every last bit of strain – be it physical, psychological or emotional – makes me significantly worse, and I need to avoid situations that will make me worse whenever possible. I cannot afford for my condition to get so bad to the point where self-deliverance is no longer possible, and I've been pushing it for way too long.

I would love to be able to warn my family so that they can emotionally prepare themselves as much as possible, but that's just not the world that we live in right now. Suicide is widely seen as nothing but an irrational and impulsive act that must be stopped at all costs, regardless of how much pain the sufferer is in or how low (or non-existent) their quality of life is, and even at the cost of completely disregarding the sufferer's wishes and making their life even more unbearable just to keep them alive for the sake of keeping them alive and so that other people don't feel sad, and I think that's super twisted. Of course I don't want my mom to hurt, especially because of me, but the shitty reality is that I'm suffering relentlessly and the only respite lies in death. No matter what I do (or don't do), someone's going to hurt, and I hate that so much. I can only hope that my mom will understand why I did what I did in the way that I did it, and that even though it might not feel like it, I really did take absolutely everything into account.

Sorry for the blabber. I guess what I mean to say with all of this is, I completely understand where you're coming from with this, and I'm so sorry that you're in this position. It's a very difficult situation, no doubt about it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: blueclover_., it's_all_a_game, Beeper and 1 other person
ImReady

ImReady

Aug 26, 2020
I know how you feel. I really want to come up with something that can ease my loved ones pain in the long run. I thought about a series of birthday cards and letters for key milstones in their lives so that a part of me would remain in their lives and memories but I don't know if that would prolong/revive their pain every year.
that's a lovely idea.
the only thing holding me back is how much i would pain my poor dad. he loves me so much.

• Hugs
Reactions: Smart No More and Beeper