CandycanePuke

CandycanePuke

Sep 26, 2023
I was in an accident when I was a kid. It wasn't that bad and my dad just had some road rash and bruising for the most part, but I hit my head and fractured my skull. It clipped something and I was bleeding into the space between my skull and the membrane around my brain. (Subdermal hematoma and subarachnoid hemorrhaging if that explains it better to anyone)

I was "lucky". There was a police officer and a nurse driving to work not far behind us. When I was in the hospital I was responsive and talking, but I didn't always make sense and I hadn't really regained consciousness yet.

They did scans of my whole body and noted the blood in my head. They wanted to wait a while and get another head scan to see if the blood would reabsorb or if I would need surgery. I think it was a CT scan, since when they took me back for my scan the doctor had accidentally ordered another full body, and it was too soon to do another, he was just supposed to order a head scan.

My grandmother went with the nurse, and they argued about what to do next. My grandmother wanted them to just do the head scan since that's what the doctor verbally told them, and it's clearly what he meant. The nurse wanted to take me back to my room and call the doctor to order the correct head scan. The nurse started to push me out of the room and my grandmother physically blocked the door. The radiologist said they would just do the head scan, likely trying to diffuse the situation.

I had bled a lot more in that period of time than they expected, and I was rushed into surgery. Once they opened me up they found even more blood that I guess the scan missed. My surgeon estimated from how quickly I was bleeding, that if I had surgery even five minutes later that I probably wouldn't have made it.

Ever since then I've felt weird. That i was really supposed to die that day and i was never supposed to live this long. I wish my grandmother wasnt there. That the nurse took me back to my room, wasted those precious moments and killed me. I feel like i should be grateful, but i resent my grandmother for "saving" me.

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby, pthnrdnojvsc and Darkover
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i feel your pain it's like getting cancer as a child and being saved only for life to turn out the worst thing that ever happened to you it would of been better to of died

Reactions: CandycanePuke
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you'd feel so resentful, in my case I certainly wish that I was free from this existence at an earlier date as it means that all future unnecessary suffering would had been prevented.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Ever since then I've felt weird. That i was really supposed to die that day and i was never supposed to live this long.

Well you might be right.

You can survive, at the expense of quality of life. Sometimes practically all quality of life is lost.

This is something pro-lifers don't want to understand.

I can't judge your case as I don't know how it feels like to be you.