Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
I know that to the world of therapists and friends, I should just look on the bright side or will myself to change my situation but I can't seem to do that. I don't have financial problems, I have family but I'm so down all the time. The drugs dont work, the cognitive stuff is such crap and the expectations just keep swirling. I can't decide to do anything without hurting anyone. It's just a mess. I don't want to be alive anymore even though I've tried to make myself want to be alive. I'm so very very down.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Apathy's Girl, Dee38 and 13 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. I'm kinda in your shoes.

Wish you the best and hope you can find peace soon!

• Love
Reactions: followingfate, Deleted member 22624 and _Minsk
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I feel the same way, but you can't just snap out of it and that's normal. Whoever tells you to just be positive is saying bs because they have no idea what they're talking about. No one really understands unless they are in the same shoes. Depression and any mental illnesses are tough and it's a mindset that you can't just get rid of. But because it's invisible ppl think you're just being lazy or dramatic. At least that's how I get treated and I get you. Depression fucking sucks

• Love
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams, Lostandlooking, IAmExhausted and 4 others
Lone_Gray_Wolf

Lone_Gray_Wolf

Fate plays chess with 2 queens
Aug 21, 2020
I'm in pretty much the same place. I have almost everything one could wish for in terms of basic necessities and even more; caring family, treatments, no financial issues, smarts and even looks (according to some people).

Yet my mind is disgusting. Depression is something intangible, I feel like I should just get over it... A part of me wants to but the other half has already gave up. I just want to live a "normal life" without intrusive thoughts but that doesn't seem possible. I want it but I'm afraid of it. Is complicated to explain and most of the times one blame oneself. Some of us feel you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Lostandlooking and 4 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I know of someone who alleviated their depression by taking photos each day. That's probably the only way to 'snap' your way out of depression.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Deleted member 22624
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
yeah I tried to tell my dopamine deficient brain to snap out of it. it ain't listening.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Deleted member 15256

Deleted member 15256

Feb 18, 2020
I feel the same way, but you can't just snap out of it and that's normal. Whoever tells you to just be positive is saying bs because they have no idea what they're talking about. No one really understands unless they are in the same shoes. Depression and any mental illnesses are tough and it's a mindset that you can't just get rid of. But because it's invisible ppl think you're just being lazy or dramatic. At least that's how I get treated and I get you. Depression fucking sucks
People called me dramatic so many times. I wish it would be just drama.
I can't stop crying, can't do the things that I used to love, can't get out of my apartment. Depression took away everything from me

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Teal_Blue_Dreams, BitterlyAlive_ and 4 others
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I'm sorry you're suffering with depression. I've been told to "snap out of it" as well, and people don't understand that you can't just switch depression off with the snap of your fingers. It's more than just a feeling.

• Hugs
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams, Lostandlooking, stillweary and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Depression is a disorder, and one that is much more serious than some people want or care to realise. Please: you should not feel down about what you are going through - such as the depression that you are experiencing. Telling an individual that has depression to "snap out" of it, is like saying to a paraplegic "just get up and walk".

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams, Lostandlooking, stillweary and 3 others
I

IAmExhausted

Dec 6, 2020
What scares me is the derealisation I often experience being depressed. But it's more like afterwards. Like when I'm looking back at photos, chats, etc. I'm thinking I wasn't even there. It then depresses me twofold. Because those were usually joyful events.

Do you know what I mean?

• Hugs
Reactions: Apathy's Girl, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
Your post really resonates with me. Depression is a fucking monster, it's excruciating and just....ruins everything. You're not alone, people here understand.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams, GreenTree, Lostandlooking and 3 others
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
The last thing you deserve right now is to feel guilty for being depressed. The fact of the matter is that depression doesn't care if you have everything a person could ever want, or nothing at all. So why should you?

Whenever I catch people wondering why someone killed themselves when they "had everything", in a sense I feel happy for them. Because no one who has lived with depression would ever say something like that. Like, this person had all these things - a perfect family, beautiful kids, a nice house, a good job - but that wasn't enough?

I don't blame people for not understanding that something you can't even see has the power to take everything away. But that's what depression does. However, even if someone doesn't understand, they should still be expected to at least accept that this is how it is right now. It's OK to be depressed. It's OK for things to be a mess. It's OK to not want to be alive. You at the very least deserve this acceptance. And kindness. Start by being as kind to yourself as you can right now. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams, Deleted member 15256, BitterlyAlive_ and 2 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Another way to see it is that depression is actually a protective defence mechanism that your brain is using because of the situation it is in and the experiences you have had. Its not necessarily something that's wrong with you, but a symptom of more deep seated underlying problems.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Teal_Blue_Dreams and Lostandlooking

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Snap out of it, man! I love this phrase. Can hardly imagine people using it seriously. Which reminds me:
To person who was diagnosed with OCD: You have OCD? I too, like to wash my hands.

• Hugs
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams and Lostandlooking
Deleted member 15256

Deleted member 15256

Feb 18, 2020
This forum is so helpful.
It's the only place where I can find so many people who understands me, because you all know how it is.
I feel so calm and safe here.
Hugs and love to the OP and everyone

• Hugs
Reactions: enuff and Teal_Blue_Dreams
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
People called me dramatic so many times. I wish it would be just drama.
I can't stop crying, can't do the things that I used to love, can't get out of my apartment. Depression took away everything from me
i totally relate to this. i feel ROBBED and I'm pissed ab it too!

• Hugs
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering and Deleted member 15256