CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I'm a guy so we love our cars lol About a month ago I was rear ended and I have a Kia soul and if anyone doesn't know what that is it's basically a toy car because I didn't think the damage was that extensive but it's cheaper for the insurance to pay off my loan. Doesn't help that that's the car that I almost killed myself in so it's sentimental. I mean it didn't do anything wrong it was hit by a dumbass not paying attention. Funny because I tried to get rid of it a few years before because I was tired of the color it's black.

I got to sit in it one more time before the body shop sent it away for parts. Just makes me sad it's like losing a part of yourself

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Symbiote, newave3, W’ren and 6 others
DarkNearDeath

DarkNearDeath

Student
May 1, 2021
It's not ridiculous. Hope it gets fixed.

Reactions: newave3
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
Awwww. I had a Kia Soul too! It was my Kia Pet. I tried to surrender it after I got disabled, but they said to wait because of the pandemic. Then the fuckers repossessed it in the middle of the night so my credit is even more hosed. :( Sorry you lost yours.

• Love
Reactions: newave3 and CatLove56
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
It is okay to be upset about losing your car; this is perfectly understandable. A car can be an expensive investment, so losing a vehicle can be damaging financially and emotionally, and also puts a dent in your livelihood. They can also be important for long-distance travel - such as for work. Cars have become a necessity in the modern world - just like having a place to live.

A

Alamonocuricu

Apr 23, 2021
It's very understandable. A few years ago my best friend was crying over losing a helmet. It was given by his ex, and it's more expensive than the usual helmets she ever had. She has anxiety disorder and she has been anxious every time she has to leave that helmet on his motorbike when she goes around. And one time it actually got stollen. It changes her whole worldview on how cruel this world actually is. As ridiculous as it sounds, I feel like I understand her feeling at that time.

Reactions: newave3 and Boochky
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
It's not ridiculous to me. I'm very sorry you lost your car.

nex

nex

Student
May 3, 2021
Not ridiculous at all. We develop an attachment to things that mean something to us and it's painful to lose them. I think that's as "normal" as the human condition gets.

Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
I get it, my car is the only sense of progress i made in life, some mock it but it's my only proof that "I've been here".

That being said I hate driving...

eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
A car costs a lot of money. Money that required many hours of hard work to earn. If our lives are measured by time then you could argue possessions like a car are indeed very valuable.

This is another reason why I hate most people. They have zero regard for other people's property and some of them even go out of their way to vandalize or steal your stuff.

W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I don't think it's ridiculous. When my car gave up the ghost and had to be towed away for the last time, i cried and stood on the driveway for a long time after it had been hauled off.

Cars have personalities. I had a name for that one, and i have a name for the car i have now.

It's understandable to get attached-

Plus so much time and money goes into a vehicle- when it's damaged, it hurts. Cars are like an extension of personality- colour choice, style, whatever is done to decorate the outside; whatever is done to the inside to make it comfy and make it a personal space…

When my car was broken into i felt personally invaded- as if someone had come into my home. It took me days, even weeks, to feel at home in it again.

All this to say, your feelings are valid. And it sucks someone had to end up wrecking your car- it also sucks that you had to give it up.

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
As a woman I can relate...

I had to give up my car for financial reasons a few months ago and it has been really hard on me. I cried a lot after it was towed away. I got a bike the next day but that only gets me so far in this town, and nowhere at all when I'm too depressed to ride.

I had a car of my own starting at 16 and now I'm carless at 33. I'm too depressed to go anywhere most of the time but I hate not having the option to drive whenever I please.

I was borrowing a relative's car for a few weeks and was told I could use it for a few months, but they needed it back early. Giving it up was re-traumatizing. when I took it back I ran into something while parking it and damaged the bumper, so they probably won't let me borrow it again if I need it.

At this point I'm too scared to drive at all. I'll get money to buy another car soon but I'll have to get family to pick one out for me.

newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
People are such sheep. Everybody today leases a cookie cutter SUV. I think a big part of the reason is they see everybody else doing it. I have been into cars all my life and I can't tell a Ford Escape from a Toyota RAV4 from a Subaru Outback. They all look the same to me.
At least your Kia Soul had a unique,boxy look. It had soul like it's name and I can see why you became attached to it.