magiciantripwire

magiciantripwire

Jun 24, 2022
I have no friends IRL so I decided to create a Twitter account. Everything seemed to be going well. I was invited to a discord server where we'd share techniques and tips to grow our Twitter accounts. I was getting feedback and people were engaging with my posts. Then I fucked up. I tweeted the following:

Men lost their way when they way shunned for their masculinity

The tweet made some people on the server uncomfortable. I was booted from the group without any notice. Why wasn't I told beforehand so I could delete the tweet and apologise to those offended?

The following is a discord chat I had with the moderator:

(I'm in bold)

Hi Did I get removed from the server?

You did. Sorry bud Your content about masculinity was making multiple people uncomfortable

I can delete it I didn't know it caused offence Is it possible I could rejoin, please?

I'd like to come up with some pathways to help you continue to grow, but right now I want the server to be a welcoming place for all types of people. Sorry for not having provided this feedback earlier so you could fix it. I've got a meeting in a just a couple of minutes but will give some thought to what else we might be able to do to set you on the right track
**You can ask the members if they want me back in now that I've deleted the tweets and I do apologise if it came off as offensive.**

**any updates?**

Sorry, but no.
If you're truly ignorant about how offensive your tweet this morning was, I'm sorry, but it was insanely incendiary. If you don't realize that JK Rowling is well-known for being anti-trans or Chik-fil-a donates millions to anti-LGBTQ causes, I'm also sorry about that.
But we have sensitive men on our server. We have multiple gay people. I'm not putting my reputation on the line because of your ignorance, especially in light of how poorly another member's remarks were taken just a day or two ago about what women want.
Take it as a learning experience, but you crossed a line that cannot be uncrossed

**didn't know about JK or Chik fil a so I'm sorry about that What pathways can I take now?**

**Have you thought about this**

Now no one is engaging with my tweets and it feels like I'm being ignored. I tried to apologise to one person who was offended, only to be blocked. I can't even do anything good without it coming back to bite me in the ass.

I'm also waiting on the pathways to be sent. I feel like no matter how hard I try I'll always fuck up somehow. Sorry for the long post.

Needed to vent

• Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, dirtnap, artificial_ineptness and 3 others
Lebensunwertes

Lebensunwertes

Du bist auf dich allein gestellt
May 26, 2022
Sounds like a bunch of censoring pussies. You're better off without these people. Find friends among like minded individuals, not some virtue signaling clowns.

• Love
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood, whatevs, magiciantripwire and 1 other person
Sibyl Vane

Sibyl Vane

Experienced
May 28, 2022
Welcome to the cancel culture. Stand your ground and don't bow down to those people since this is exactly what they want, to build a mass of homogenous lobotomized individuals who says "amen" to everything they say. They preach tolerance but are the first to be intolerant and spill hate. They love the "differences" but are the first to exclude the ones who differ from them. They hold themselves on a pedestal of high morality. They believe to be better than everyone and that their path is the only one worth taking. But don't worry about it: this will come back and bite them in the ass one day. The cancelers of today are the canceled of tomorrow.

Reactions: whatevs and magiciantripwire
deathbylife

deathbylife

going to die soon no one cares
Jun 21, 2022
It's always better for others to let you know what and why something offended them than to just cut a person off for it. Otherwise, how are we supposed to get along with each other? By the way, how do you stand Twitter? I get so depressed whenever I log on there lately. I have to say, since I found this site, I've found acceptance that I have never found IRL. Not to say that everyone here should be looking to ctb but you know it's totally legal in most of Europe. Which means that the continent with the longest- existing countries have learned not to judge. While here (at least in the USA) we keep trying to shove our opinions up each other's asses. IMHO

Reactions: magiciantripwire and artificial_ineptness
magiciantripwire

magiciantripwire

Jun 24, 2022
Sounds like a bunch of censoring pussies. You're better off without these people. Find friends among like minded individuals, not some virtue signaling clown

All I wanted was a heads up, didn't even get that
It's always better for others to let you know what and why something offended them than to just cut a person off for it. Otherwise, how are we supposed to get along with each other? By the way, how do you stand Twitter? I get so depressed whenever I log on there lately. I have to say, since I found this site, I've found acceptance that I have never found IRL. Not to say that everyone here should be looking to ctb but you know it's totally legal in most of Europe. Which means that the continent with the longest- existing countries have learned not to judge. While here (at least in the USA) we keep trying to shove our opinions up each other's asses. IMHO
Exactly. Twitter is okay for me. I curate who I follow.

What's your Twitter @
Sounds like a bunch of censoring pussies. You're better off without these people. Find friends among like minded individuals, not some virtue signaling clowns.
Absolutley.

Last edited:
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
You didn't fuck up in any way. There are many spaces online, even in Twitter, were right-wing talking points are welcome and celebrated. You just weren't in one. Listen here, boy. If you can't be yourself you either are a piece of shit ('ignorant' is the soft version) or you are with the wrong crowd. These people are hell bent on making it 100% the first option when the opinion is politically opposed to theirs, but they aren't particularly objective. So you have to figure out if you are really are so ignorant and hurtful or if you have a valid perspective that shouldn't be silenced.

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
By the way, how do you stand Twitter? I get so depressed whenever I log on there lately. I have to say, since I found this site, I've found acceptance that I have never found IRL.
Same. Since I quit social media and found this forum I have realized how toxic social media is. I never went back. I truly think that here are many more sincere and truthful people than anywhere else.

Reactions: dirtnap
magiciantripwire

magiciantripwire

Jun 24, 2022
You didn't fuck up in any way. There are many spaces online, even in Twitter, were right-wing talking points are welcome and celebrated. You just weren't in one. Listen here, boy. If you can't be yourself you either are a piece of shit ('ignorant' is the soft version) or you are with the wrong crowd. These people are hell bent on making it 100% the first option when the opinion is politically opposed to theirs, but they aren't particularly objective. So you have to figure out if you are really are so ignorant and hurtful or if you have a valid perspective that shouldn't be silenced.
It wasn't an apolitical group that I was in. It was just a engagement group