SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
After an unsuccessful brain surgery for epilepsy, I can still interact with family & a few friends, but have become uncomfortable discussing anything with a therapist or psychiatrist. I can't drive there anyway, so that's the reason I joined this forum.
I've become so ignorant and literally absent minded. I keep forgetting names and numbers, but still remember swear words and how to yell them in frequent frustration latel, so I need some activities other than TV or house/yard work to keep my mind occupied and off the quickly rising suicide considerations. I'm near a grocery store, hardware store, and an hourly bus stop, but alcohol or drugs can't be taken. I don't have any parks or gyms accessible either.
What else can I do to relax other than use a remote control or a mouse?

Reactions: todienomore
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
If exercise helps there are plenty of options that use only bodyweight. Nike training is an app with a ton of free workouts with varying levels of equipment (including nothing). If you enjoy art then there are a lot of options there. Sketching, colouring, painting, finger painting, collages, modelling clay, etc. If you like words you could write poems, stories or songs or print off something with words to do blackout poetry with (you black out words to make the remaining words say something different). Some people enjoy baking or cooking. Carving, whittling, origami, etc. Also you can go for walks while listening to a podcast or something.

There are tons of possible options. I don't know enough about you to narrow things down in any direction but if you can find ways to share what you're doing in community that can also be helpful and motivating for some people. If you can access a public library there are probably more ideas there (plus books which I personally love). I'm willing to try and provide more tailored suggestions if you'd like.

Reactions: carac and SeaBreeze
SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
Thank you so much!
I used to have an artistic family who loved painting, pottery, drawing, and more. Ironically, I still have a kiln in my garage from the mother. Poems are great to read, but like some other projects, word finding is another frustration finder. I think my favorite word is synonym and book is a thesaurus. Reading unfortunately stopped after restarting a book 3 times by forgetting the story. What was I writing here? I think it's mostly comedy that has kept me going this far.

I am currently learning to ride a unicycle, and grow a rose garden I had promised some time ago. I definitely feel better outside lately. I

I really appreciate your suggestions and support

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
you might research obscure cognitive enhancers like cerebrolysin, cortexin, tak653 for example. Huperzine powder is an inexpensive cholinergic thst can help memory, it just has a long half life so you cant take it every day. But i can remember longer strings of numbers off hand taking it, it definitely enhances memory. do you feel like you have lowkey tourettes?

circadian health is key to mental health, try to do as much outdoors as you can even if its in the shade. Mid morning sun is the most critical.

SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze

Suicideation?
Jul 11, 2023
Thank you
I've never had any sleep or mood problems that weren't overcome eventually with time and/or medication changes, other than their own side effects. My assumptions have slightly changed after finally going out and talking to the rest of the world, instead of only family and coworkers. I don't yell at them.