Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
I have exactly this feeling. The first thing I feel when I wake up in the morning is "oh no! I'm awake and have to live through this entire day :(." It's like a sharp slap in my face that makes me want to sleep or sedate myself all day.

I want to sleep forever and never wake up, to escape the pain of reality. I wish I could just close my eyes and never wake up

• Hugs
Reactions: Immensevoid, doormat25, http-410 and 8 others
M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
Yes, I lie there for hours not knowing what to do.

I got back to sleep again for an hour or so the other day - it felt like magic then snatched away again as soon as I awoke!

• Hugs
Reactions: doormat25, Praestat_Mori, breezeboy and 1 other person
tarococo

tarococo

professional procrastinator
Nov 27, 2023
I know right, mornings can be unbearable :c
It really feels like no amount of sleep can cure the tiredness I feel sometimes

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Mitsumi and Darkover
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Me too- with everything you said. Being on this treadmill is so tedious. It's hard to stop yourself panicking when you feel stuck here. I seem to go back and forth between this horrible sense of frustration and fear with being stuck here and then, I try and calm myself with nihilism that none of it actually matters and I just need to keep going until I don't.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, breezeboy and Darkover
Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
I feel the same. I try to distract myself most of the time to avoid thinking. I'm on autopilot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Darkover
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Not that I have the urge to die immediately but falling asleep and dying naturally while being asleep is certainly a good way out. I wouldn't mind if that happened to me. Would be the best and most convenient way causing the least pain for everyone.

Reactions: Darkover
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, I wish for the same, to me waking up is always something very dreadful. I hate how existence doesn't come with an permanent offswitch to just instantly find peace from all the suffeing, to never wake again certainly would be the most ideal outcome to me, I only wish for an dreamless eternal sleep where all is forgotten about. It's just so incredibly cruel and horrible how we cannot just choose to easily die in peace even know we never even consented to being burdened with the ability to exist in the first place.

Reactions: Darkover