T

Thefuture

Feb 28, 2022
And know for sure that they love me for me. I wanna meet my twin flame... where are they :( I don't think I'll ever meet someone. Everyone I've dated I never believe they're actually into me and it causes me to test them ultimately I push them away. I never really wanted love before this either... now I crave it so badly. Up until now I always told myself I didn't need anyone and to be honest I was very happy being isolated. I hate dating apps as well because I feel like a catfish. Every photo is just good angles and lighting... in real life I'm a monster.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Endex, houseofleaves, Marine and 6 others
Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Where is the love?

• Hugs
Reactions: Marine, waitingforrest and S like suicide
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I actually don't think I believe in love, atleast not that kind of love. I think it's all an illusion, toxic unhealthy obsession, it's fake just another societal thing/standard. I am completely in love with my pets who I consider my children as their the only ones who have ever shown me kindness but other than that I don't think I believe in the whole twin flame soul mate thing. Too many disgusting people out here for that but hey who knows. Maybe our actual soulmates died and are waiting for us.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Endex, WhatPowerIs, 710 and 3 others
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
And know for sure that they love me for me. I wanna meet my twin flame... where are they :( I don't think I'll ever meet someone. Everyone I've dated I never believe they're actually into me and it causes me to test them ultimately I push them away. I never really wanted love before this either... now I crave it so badly. Up until now I always told myself I didn't need anyone and to be honest I was very happy being isolated. I hate dating apps as well because I feel like a catfish. Every photo is just good angles and lighting... in real life I'm a monster.
I feel you totally

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
Muerte negra

Muerte negra

Acaso importa ?
Aug 22, 2022
Soy un hombre atractivo, buen carácter, simpático, y aún así, no puedo conseguir una novia bonita que me aga sentirme bien, en mi interior soy un monstruo, mi mente está llena de lugares muy fríos y oscuros, pero se esconderlo bien 🤷 .

Siempre e pensado
que tener una pareja pueda hacer que ame la vida, pero a fin de cuentas para que ?, Se que con el tiempo todo se irá a la MIERDA!!! Y me sentiré peor de antes de experimentar.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake and waitingforrest
Lily (Osako)

Lily (Osako)

Everything all at once
Jul 30, 2022
As far as the photos go, I think most of us feel that way.
As for the twin flame/soulmate thing, I don't know if it exists, but if it does, I truly hope you find yours.
The desire to love and be loved the same in return is normal.
Even at this stage in my life, if I miraculously came across this, I think it would be the second happiest day of my life. (The first being the day my son was born)
Wishing you all the best and sending you a big hug.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
T

Thefuture

Feb 28, 2022
I actually don't think I believe in love, atleast not that kind of love. I think it's all an illusion, toxic unhealthy obsession, it's fake just another societal thing/standard. I am completely in love with my pets who I consider my children as their the only ones who have ever shown me kindness but other than that I don't think I believe in the whole twin flame soul mate thing. Too many disgusting people out here for that but hey who knows. Maybe our actual soulmates died and are waiting for us.
I don't believe in love like the movies. I think love is an action not a feeling.

• Hugs
Reactions: Obliviate and waitingforrest
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
It's just a nice thought. But the feeling, the honeymoon phase as they put it, it fades away. I can't think of love without thinking about the arguments and the screaming and the pain and agony that comes with it.

Reactions: Obliviate
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
Based on the definition of love, I have a better chance of winning a carnival game than ever having someone feel deep affection for me.

So I think I can safely say I will never know what it is, and I think the days of soulmates and staying married for thirty to fifty years are over for some, as there are too many options today, and for the most part, love and dating have been turned into an all-you-can-eat buffet.

That said, I also think life, dating, and love are a zero-sum game, and probably most of today's interactions and relationships are out of convenience or because one party can allow the other to attain a higher position in life, and once or if that person can't provide those things, then the options come into play.

There may be some relationships that are created and based on love, respect, etc. and not on convenience, but those are rare.

I think most, if not all, of those who are on this site want to be loved, seen, needed, etc., but at what cost does one try to achieve such things?

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I've only fallen in love once (and still going) and it was unintentional, with no action on my part leading up to it. I can't do anything about it now, I'll have to put up with it as long as I live with this feeling that goes up and down in intensity when I feel like it.

But I'm telling you one thing for sure, I'm not going to let it happen to me ever again, never again.
It's not worth this much suffering.

//

Jo només m'he enamorat una sola vegada (i continuo) i va ser sense voler, sense cap acció per part meva que dugués a això. Ara no hi puc fer res, m'hauré d'aguantar mentres visqui amb aquesta sensació que puja i baixa d'intensitat quan li don la gana.

Però una cosa us dic de debó, no penso deixar que em passi mai més, mai més.
No val la pena tant de patiment.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I do not want to fall in love honestly. I am using some dating website without much success. Even in case i found a woman I know it would not last long. I do not have many interests or much to contribute to the relationship. I am nerdy but not nerdy enough to be attractive to a really nerdy girl. Anyway after some time I would for sure push her away or I would start screaming at her for possibly no good reason at all. For some reason I tend to escalate things and/or get sadistic and I want to just hurt the other person. I am no material for a real relationship, something must be broken in me. I have a wife that endures me mostly because she has no ambitions or willpower.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost

self proclaimed bitchboy
Aug 27, 2022
i get what you feel but the word "love" has lost any meaning it had to me, that's why i want someone (not in a possessive way) and i want that someone to want me and i want that someone to want to be with me and all that comes with it i want to want that person for who they are nd i want them to want me for who i am. "wanting" to be with someone is more palpable than "loving" someone and i prefer that

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and houseofleaves