FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I just hate how society is full of conformists who just blindly follow the bs systems and hierarchies in place without question. It's not a reason why I want to CTB but it definitely makes CTB more appealing than it already is, ever since a kid I've always questioned things since I got outcasted and low-key bullied for being "weird" when I was like 6 and ever since then I've always seen how BS a lot of societal norms are and the more I learn the more I realise how most people just blindly conform to things, call it whatever you want "the system" "the matrix" etc but im sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's just so depressing to interact with people and see how brainwashed everyone is and how essentially almost everyone can be divided into a couple categories due to how unoriginal everyone is and how most people just accept the BS society we live in, I could rant about this for hours if i wanted to. It's caused me to be so lonely and feel disconnected, but not out of inferiority or anxiety but almost in the opposite way because I feel like I'm one of the few people who truly see past the bullshit, this forum and the political servers I'm in are the only things reminding me im not the only sane person left

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: redeyepiranha, Hollowman, Neverfeltdeader and 3 others
P

PhilosopherInAV0id

The Reaper of Self, Amid the Silence
Jan 28, 2024
Life was BS to start with. Society just made it worse. I never asked to be alive, and yet here I am. If I was born in the dawn of humanity, I would have probably died within the first couple of weeks, even if I had a tribe of others supporting me. Medieval age? Out of the question. Probably get labeled as some sort of black magic person and hung or burned. The 'Good Old Days' the earlier generations talk about? I would have spent my life in an endless boring loop that never changed until I died. Then here in modern day, I find a site like this and find way too many other people who feel the same way. The way I see it, the fact that this site even exists is proof that we should be given some kind of choice in the matter, and that today is just one of the worst places you can find in history, because they don't even openly talk about it.

On another note, how many ways to die are there? Ever heard the phrase "I can kill you in 101 ways with (Random Object)?" Someone went out on there own to find that many ways that they can end a life with something they can have on them at all times. I'm betting at least 1/4 of them were created by people who used it on themselves to escape.

Then for modern society. Honestly, the way I personally see that is that someone did something in order to look cool, or be popular in some way and fashion, and then others copied it in order to 'survive'. It is almost a psychological need to fit in and be with others, unless you are one of the few people who know otherwise. An average person is 50% more likely to die from bodily causes such as inflammation and stress if they are lonely for long enough. Let society see things as they will, and put up a front if you want to still seem normal, or just politely ignore them. If you want, take comfort from the fact that most people you meet are doing just that-putting up a front. Society wants us to meet its expectations, but most people are tired of doing it. Hence, the reason why we came here, for CTB.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
shrusho

shrusho

Nov 28, 2021
as a kid i was always angry and upset over not understanding wht the point of doing anything was. it just never came naturally to me and i have always felt isolated from everyone else since they always just seemed like npcs. i never could focus in school bc i never saw the point of doing anything just so i could become a wageslave at some unsatisfying job tht i will be chained to for my entire life.
in elementry to middleschool i convinced myself that everything was actually a test to see if i'd fall for it, to test my intelligence (or lack there of) and tht if i had just said the magic words, or killed myself, i would be released from the simulation. n as bleak as tht sounds it was my only hope, bc i thought surely there would have to be a better world than this.
u mentioned everyone fitting into categories and i completely agree. everyone is so stereotypical and i dont understand it. it feels like a lot of people can't actually function as an individual, super unselfaware. not to say i see them as dumb or anything. bc clearly they are a billion times more ''functional'' than i could ever be. but it still grosses me out to an extreme level. since i was a kid i didn't understand why more people don't kill themselves. death just always seemed like the preferable option??? as opposed to rotting in class and in work etc.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and divinemistress36