locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Well, not me specifically, but people possibly like me, in general. But, I did not get to respond because evidently someone reported the post and the entire thread go axed before I finished typing up my response. I wrote what I think is a fairly good response and wanted to post it. This thread will probably get axed too by the mods.

Failedllfe Wrote Quote:

When u don't know how to love others and socially u do things that push people away. I know that is simplistic explanation. If u were treated like shit as a kid u will have learned poor social skills that can alienate people. Or emotional regulation issues. You can recover somewhat if u can get Holy Spirit in u. That will restrain the more hostile side of u. Without Holy Spirit we are assholes.

My Response:

I feel that's not right, and I'm being polite saying it like that. I am an atheist and I am no asshole. I am the opposite of an asshole. I treat all people with respect. I am polite to all. I don't steal. I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I go out of my way to help people and expect nothing in return. I often bend over backwards to help people I don't know. An example would be that I delivered a refrigerator I sold, for way less $ than I could have sold it for because he was poor, to a person I did not know. I delivered it to his house, disassembled the doors from it, loaded it on an appliance cart, and lugged it up to the 2nd story of where he lived, put it in place, reassembled the doors onto it, and leveled it. This I did all by myself because he could not help due to having Crohn's disease. Having the "Holy Spirit" in you is not the determinate factor of whether, or not, you are an asshole. I have known plenty of professed religious people that were indeed assholes. But, I don't label them ALL that way. This is NOT a rant against your religion, any other religion, or religion in general. I have no problem with any religion, or if someone has no religion. What I do have some problem with is the assigning of some universal label to ALL people who don't have this so-called "Holy Spirit" within them. Honestly, this has got to be one of the MOST IGNORANT STATEMENTS I have read, or even heard, in a very long time. My curt response to you is completely separate from any compassion I may feel for you, in regard to whatever kind of pain you may be suffering, and your seeking of answers and solace on SS. I hope you find what you're looking for on SS. I wish no one pain and only peace and tranquility.

Reactions: Kismet
Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
Religion is almost always going to be an argument lol just like politics. The holly spirit is Christian i think. It's just like any other, it is there to keep people doing the right thing. Kind of like the boogie man imo. He basically said that in his comment too. It'll go down that path that no one wins regardless. People can believe what they want, it doesn't make them any less or more of anything
I definitely know that feeling of typing up a really good response and not being able to post it for whatever the reason. I wouldn't call his statement ignorant, maybe silly but that's his perspective and it's an interesting one for sure. What was the post originally about?

Last edited:
Reactions: RetroChaos and brashwriting
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Religion is almost always going to be an argument lol just like politics. The holly spirit is Christian i think. It's just like any other, it is there to keep people doing the right thing. Kind of like the boogie man imo. He basically said that in his comment too. It'll go down that path that no one wins regardless. People can believe what they want, it doesn't make them any less or more of anything
I definitely know that feeling of typing up a really good response and not being able to post it for whatever the reason. I wouldn't call his statement ignorant, maybe silly but that's his perspective and it's an interesting one for sure. What was the post originally about?
Yeah, the Holy Spirit is Christian. I honestly don't care if someone is religious, what religion they are, whatever. It's not about that. What it IS about is labeling all those without religion as assholes because they don't have religion. That is what this person said.

Reactions: Kismet
Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
Yeah, the Holy Spirit is Christian. I honestly don't care if someone is religious, what religion they are, whatever. It's not about that. What it IS about is labeling all those without religion as assholes because they don't have religion. That is what this person said.
Yea, i get that but he said we so he included himself in that blanket statement. That's kind of a subtle way of saying he is no better than anyone else in the context that he said it. He obviously has this thing and he's actively calling other people an asshole so that's kind of an asshole move in itself so does he really have what he claims to have lol

Religion is a tough subject and there are so many of them but there's only one bla bla. Is it better to not believe and be wrong or waste your life believing and be right argument is another pretty interesting debate
I'm headed to bed now. What he's saying is like saying people who put the milk first then adds the cereal are all crazy. I do find the subject of religion interesting and fascinating

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yea, i get that but he said we so he included himself in that blanket statement. That's kind of a subtle way of saying he is no better than anyone else in the context that he said it. He obviously has this thing and he's actively calling other people an asshole so that's kind of an asshole move in itself so does he really have what he claims to have lol

Religion is a tough subject and there are so many of them but there's only one bla bla. Is it better to not believe and be wrong or waste your life believing and be right argument is another pretty interesting debate
I'm headed to bed now. What he's saying is like saying people who put the milk first then adds the cereal are all crazy. I do find the subject of religion interesting and fascinating
I don't see it like that. He/she did used the pronoun "we" where you reference. But, I honestly do not believe he/she meant to include himself/herself in the inferred group of people that are assholes without the Holy Spirit. He/she clearly inferred that he/she had the Holy Spirit within theirself. I know you didn't get to see it, but it was even referenced underneath of their profile banner. The Mods must have noticed something awry because, apparently, this person can no longer be found on SS. I didn't report the post. I wanted to respond to the post within the thread. I was not able to because the entire thread was removed. I think it is evident, in and of itself, what was meant by the words in the post.