AstroV

AstroV

Nov 3, 2021
No motivation for anything. No ambition. Just aimless. I'm not living at all just existing. And barely existing. Things I used to enjoy a lot aren't as enjoyable anymore. No friends. Have literally no one to hang out with. Don't even care about talking with family now. I think my mind is already friend. Getting better just seems insurmountable, impossible. I just don't see the point anymore

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Foresight, sivvie and 6 others
T

Treeline589

Experienced
Dec 14, 2021
I can completely relate to what you are saying, I feel the same way.

I am sorry you feel like this

Reactions: _Minsk, Lostandlooking, miserableforever and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand how you feel, everything is very hopeless for me and I just exist, in a way it is like I have already died. I understand that it is hard to carry on when you are tired of everything, this life is very depressing. I'm sorry you have to go through this. Whatever happens, I wish you the best.

Reactions: _Minsk, Lostandlooking, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
The mind can get burnt out easily, especially with everything being instant. I think a lot of people are like this now. The only way I can see would be to limit yourself and start from the ground up, little steps and treat yourself to something mundane.
I think it can come back if you want it too.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and AstroV
C

calathea

Jan 19, 2022
I've been there. It's rough. Really sorry you're going through this.

Reactions: AstroV
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
No motivation for anything. No ambition. Just aimless. I'm not living at all just existing. And barely existing. Things I used to enjoy a lot aren't as enjoyable anymore. No friends. Have literally no one to hang out with. Don't even care about talking with family now. I think my mind is already friend. Getting better just seems insurmountable, impossible. I just don't see the point anymore

Such feelings certainly don't make life any easier, but we are many who share your feelings.

Do you think that something special is causing those feelings, or it is just a general state of mind that has befallen you? I have heard that some people are starting to try to relive their fast, by watching old movies or playing old video games, for example, in order to feel better about their current situation.

AstroV

AstroV

Nov 3, 2021
Such feelings certainly don't make life any easier, but we are many who share your feelings.

Do you think that something special is causing those feelings, or it is just a general state of mind that has befallen you? I have heard that some people are starting to try to relive their fast, by watching old movies or playing old video games, for example, in order to feel better about their current situation.
I guess I'd say it's more of a general state of mind. My circumstances are completely terrible but the lack of motivation and isolation has made things pretty bad. The old hobby thing sounds interesting though. Never heard of it.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I guess I'd say it's more of a general state of mind. My circumstances are completely terrible but the lack of motivation and isolation has made things pretty bad. The old hobby thing sounds interesting though. Never heard of it.

Is there something that you feel like you should achieve, and that you feel like you are unable to accomplish? I'm only asking, since you mentioned a lack of motivation. It could also be interpreted as a motivation to get into contact with friends and such, of course - I'm just curious.

Let's just say that the world is in a particularly difficult place right now, and people who weren't depressed or full of anxiety before the past two years, are so now. It's like we a being punished collectively for some bad deed that someone else has done, somewhere on this globe.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Be careful trying to extract pleasure from what you used to enjoy - you might confirm how much it doesn't bring you pleasure anymore.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and miserableforever
AstroV

AstroV

Nov 3, 2021
Is there something that you feel like you should achieve, and that you feel like you are unable to accomplish? I'm only asking, since you mentioned a lack of motivation. It could also be interpreted as a motivation to get into contact with friends and such, of course - I'm just curious.

Let's just say that the world is in a particularly difficult place right now, and people who weren't depressed or full of anxiety before the past two years, are so now. It's like we a being punished collectively for some bad deed that someone else has done, somewhere on this globe.
I'd like to stop being so isolated. But I've been like this for so long that anything different doesn't seem feasible. And yeah Covid has been pretty rough for a lot of people but I was already depressed long before the pandemic hit.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I'd like to stop being so isolated. But I've been like this for so long that anything different doesn't seem feasible. And yeah Covid has been pretty rough for a lot of people but I was already depressed long before the pandemic hit.

You mentioned that things that you found enjoyable before, are no longer. Have you been into gaming at all? If so, you could try playing with others online. It may just be a minor positive, though, if you are craving for in-person meet-ups.

Reactions: AstroV
AstroV

AstroV

Nov 3, 2021
Yes I've been into gaming. Online obviously doesn't compare to real life interactions but I could try.