W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Just venting to get some feelings out so don't feel a need to comment. And yes, it's going to be unorganized.

I made the great decision to take a walk at night with someone else, and no they weren't the ones to try and murder me.

We were still in the neighborhood when a car approached us and they started shouting obscenities at us. They stopped ahead a few meters in front of us and the two front seat passengers started getting out of their car.

So my acquaintance turned around and started to walk in the opposite direction, and I followed. The two people got back in their cars and I thought that would be the end of it, but no, they drove back toward us.

We were luck to be near a house and pretended it was our house, after a few seconds, they left. Both of us then ran back to my house after hiding in a random person's backyard.

Geez, I'm still a bit jittery and shakey from all the adrenaline. I don't know if they wanted to kill us or kidnap us but I really don't want to find out. I may want to die, but I don't want to go out being murdered or worse.

I'm just thinking a bit more on my life now, just on how dying can happen so unexpectedly at any moment. How even if I got my wish, I was still terrified of death.

I realize that I was really lucky, if we weren't near a house, things would have turned out differently. That I really should just do whatever the fuck I want until I get the courage to ctb. Because I might never know when another freak event occurs.

I may want to die, but I want it to be my choice, not someone else's.

This whole event just reminded why I am even so paranoid about other people in the first place. Why I am always vigilant.

I think I'm just going to play some video games to get my mind off things. And that concludes my vent.

And I like to thank my sponsor, Raid Shadow Legends for sponsoring this vent!

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: LoveTakesManyForms, Manaaja, DeutscheKartoffel and 17 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Scary. Country? Yes, don't trust other hairless apes. We aren't as tame as we pretend to be.

Raid Shadow Legends is such a cash grab. I can't believe I spent 15 euros in that game and for 4 I played Exiled Kingdoms for thrice the hours...

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: waitingforrest
G

Gsvko

Mea culpa.
Dec 14, 2021
Sounds nightmarish, glad you're alive. Adrenaline's a cool product ha. Something similar's happened to me, but I was like 14 and a guy was following me in a car only to grab my butt and that's when I embodied usain bolt. And my battery was dead too. Life is fun like that sometimes, there are crazy people out there. Hope you smashed that game

• Hugs
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Sorry you live in a country you can't carry one of these. I have one, and even though micro 380s suck for accuracy, the laser will usually end an altercation without having to fire. Luckily, I've never had to draw on anyone.
OIPrWGp9z7k2obccCNRYFKXpAHaE4

Like Lloyd Banks says, "But reach, and I'll put a dot on ya head like it's part of your religion"

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, WrongPlaceWrongTime and waitingforrest
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
What on earth is wrong with some people? I'm really glad to hear you were able to get the slip on them, sticking around to find out what they might have done is definitely not worth it. This happens all too often and it's really pathetic, that they have nothing better to do than target complete strangers on a leisurely stroll.

Good on you for getting back home in one piece, time to kick back and relax!

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and waitingforrest
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds terrifying what you went through. Even know I want death more than anything, I would also prefer it to be on my own terms. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja
D

Deleted member 8975

That's truly awful. I went for a walk last month here after I moved and besides the streets being a barren wasteland, the only interaction I had was when someone drove by yelling and swearing at me. Can you imagine…where is the decency in some places?

• Hugs
A

ameliacecelia

Mar 11, 2022
In situations like these, you don't need to question why you are hypervigilant. Vigilance saved you from something horrific. After a a stalking, physical altercations and rape threats that lasted for 6 months, I got this thing that looks like a gun but it's pepper spray gel that shoots out at 90 miles an hour and stains skin through clothes for 3 days. I was too scared to get a gun because I was scared I would end up shooting and killing someone who meant me no harm. Look up pepper spray gun on Amazon, I think they are like $40. Just having it on me made me feel so much safer.. Please seek out some sort of therapy because the PTSD from these situations can really interfere with daily life. I'm so glad you're safe and nothing bad happened to you or your friend.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja and pthnrdnojvsc
L

LoveTakesManyForms

Student
Sep 9, 2021
I feel you; I've been maimed by an unprovoked attack from behind when I was 15 and a few years ago I've had someone try to crash the car I was driving, again which I did absolutely nothing to deserve.
In fact in both situations I was doing the right thing; in the first I was trying to stop a dangerous game being played by others, then wound up getting hurt in exactly the way I feared somebody might. May it be noted I said nothing offensive or untoward to do so.

In the second I was transporting my friend's girlfriend to his place in order to give her some reprieve from having to stay in the house she was molested in.
I accidentally mentioned something that triggered her- she flew off the handle and tried to kill us both by crashing the car into the median barrier. There was barely any chance to calm her down.
Thankfully I managed to get the car under control in that situation... we both most likely would have been horribly mangled...

The terrifying thing is the feeling of helplessness... the feeling of somebody else controlling one's own destiny.

• Hugs
FindingPeace8

FindingPeace8

Mar 25, 2022
Just venting to get some feelings out so don't feel a need to comment. And yes, it's going to be unorganized.

I made the great decision to take a walk at night with someone else, and no they weren't the ones to try and murder me.

We were still in the neighborhood when a car approached us and they started shouting obscenities at us. They stopped ahead a few meters in front of us and the two front seat passengers started getting out of their car.

So my acquaintance turned around and started to walk in the opposite direction, and I followed. The two people got back in their cars and I thought that would be the end of it, but no, they drove back toward us.

We were luck to be near a house and pretended it was our house, after a few seconds, they left. Both of us then ran back to my house after hiding in a random person's backyard.

Geez, I'm still a bit jittery and shakey from all the adrenaline. I don't know if they wanted to kill us or kidnap us but I really don't want to find out. I may want to die, but I don't want to go out being murdered or worse.

I'm just thinking a bit more on my life now, just on how dying can happen so unexpectedly at any moment. How even if I got my wish, I was still terrified of death.

I realize that I was really lucky, if we weren't near a house, things would have turned out differently. That I really should just do whatever the fuck I want until I get the courage to ctb. Because I might never know when another freak event occurs.

I may want to die, but I want it to be my choice, not someone else's.

This whole event just reminded why I am even so paranoid about other people in the first place. Why I am always vigilant.

I think I'm just going to play some video games to get my mind off things. And that concludes my vent.

And I like to thank my sponsor, Raid Shadow Legends for sponsoring this vent!
Yes, it should always be your choice, the time and the means! Glad you are ok.

• Hugs