narcluciddreams

narcluciddreams

But from death, comes life!
Nov 10, 2022
They say you need to be heard out, but not by them.

From the very beginning when you realize you're mentally ill, you usually start searching for help. Even Google's gonna try to tell you you need help. You'll often see slogans like:

"It's okay to be weak."

"You've just been strong for too long."
"Reach out for help, please."
"We're here for you."
"Don't worry, we'll understand."

Those empty sayings have been inserted into the brains of NPCs, usually through social media. Most of the time, they never experienced a life situation so tough it could drive one to CTB. Once they start feeling something's wrong, they'll remind themselves of those slogans and try and convince you to share your burdens with them. During the first approach to your problems, they will either actually suggest helpful solutions or completely neglect your feelings by saying well-known platitudes that are the very mainstays of ignorance, such as:

"Just get yourself together."
"The world isn't just about you."
"I too have problems."
"You're weird."
"How can you not be happy?!"
"Life is beautiful, just smile!"

After their so graciously gifted advice, they'll leave you to it. Once they begin to see you still struggling after their extremely mindful advice or getting professional help;

That's when they show their true face.

The moment their patience with you runs out, they begin to show their dissatisfaction with your condition. They will ask less and less about your well-being, and more and more often will you feel the merciless venom coming straight from their tongue; the very foundation of antipathy. Their limited minds begin to see that an individual different from the herd, which is you, is simply different, in their eyes weaker (!), ruining their world view of an ideal and just society. They desperately defend their ignorance at the expense of your well-being. They pay a price for such behaviour, of course; they permanently lose your trust. The moment they decided to stab you in the back, you realized something was wrong. The whole facade of society's understanding of mental illness is collapsing like the Roman Empire. Something that seemed so authentic turns out to be the result of brainwashing young people by people who have never experienced immense mental suffering.

From this very moment, you grasp the fact people you loved aren't capable on knowing the real you.

Every day becomes more and more sluggish, lonely, full of cold and ostracism. And the worst thing is, it isn't even your fault. That's just the way it is. The world we live in.

• Hugs
Reactions: BipolarExpress, Shivali, makethepainstop and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's true that you cannot trust people. A lot of people are certainly very self centred and just create more harm and suffering than there already is. I view it as better to be alone as after all nobody else could ever really understand what we go through as they cannot experience life the same way. Communication often just leads to invalidation which usually just makes things worse.

Reactions: Hollowman
its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
Keeping my struggles to myself over this last year, instead of reaching out for help all the time, has been the most lonely but also the most helpful change for me. I feel like less of a burden. I get into fewer arguments (not zero, unfortunately). I feel less guilty about dying because nobody is worrying over me anymore. Damn it's lonely though.

foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Welcome to Fight Club. You don't talk about your problems outside this forum. And even people here won't understand you beyond a certain level.

Reactions: exhaustedanonymous and HumansAreHell
HumansAreHell

HumansAreHell

Aug 31, 2022
This is exactly my experience as well. It feels like a frustratingly impossible world to get along in. I'm just caught up in this vicious cycle where every day that passes I get more and more lonely, anxious, and exhausted. I'm slowly losing my ability to sleep almost altogether, even if I take sleep medicine. And naturally the less sleep you get the harder it is to function in any meaningful way. But I guess as you said that's just the world we live in.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
They say you need to be heard out, but not by them.

From the very beginning when you realize you're mentally ill, you usually start searching for help. Even Google's gonna try to tell you you need help. You'll often see slogans like:

"It's okay to be weak."
"You've just been strong for too long."
"Reach out for help, please."
"We're here for you."
"Don't worry, we'll understand."

Those empty sayings have been inserted into the brains of NPCs, usually through social media. Most of the time, they never experienced a life situation so tough it could drive one to CTB. Once they start feeling something's wrong, they'll remind themselves of those slogans and try and convince you to share your burdens with them. During the first approach to your problems, they will either actually suggest helpful solutions or completely neglect your feelings by saying well-known platitudes that are the very mainstays of ignorance, such as:

"Just get yourself together."
"The world isn't just about you."
"I too have problems."
"You're weird."
"How can you not be happy?!"
"Life is beautiful, just smile!"

After their so graciously gifted advice, they'll leave you to it. Once they begin to see you still struggling after their extremely mindful advice or getting professional help;

That's when they show their true face.

The moment their patience with you runs out, they begin to show their dissatisfaction with your condition. They will ask less and less about your well-being, and more and more often will you feel the merciless venom coming straight from their tongue; the very foundation of antipathy. Their limited minds begin to see that an individual different from the herd, which is you, is simply different, in their eyes weaker (!), ruining their world view of an ideal and just society. They desperately defend their ignorance at the expense of your well-being. They pay a price for such behaviour, of course; they permanently lose your trust. The moment they decided to stab you in the back, you realized something was wrong. The whole facade of society's understanding of mental illness is collapsing like the Roman Empire. Something that seemed so authentic turns out to be the result of brainwashing young people by people who have never experienced immense mental suffering.

From this very moment, you grasp the fact people you loved aren't capable on knowing the real you.

Every day becomes more and more sluggish, lonely, full of cold and ostracism. And the worst thing is, it isn't even your fault. That's just the way it is. The world we live in.
Give this person a cigar, he or she understands what I have said so many times here on SS.
Normals cannot understand the depth and scope of our torments and pain. Thus, none of us should listen to them as they really know nothing about us. Much love to this person, they called it right!

C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
Christians are usually the worst. They think your mental illness is caused by your sin and moral flaws and that you are possessed by the demon.

Reactions: exhaustedanonymous