thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
I work with people who don't speak that much english. I tried making friends with them but that went nowhere. They always talk shit about me in their language. They point at me, then say something in their language and a bunch of them laugh. I also hear my name mentioned, followed by some words in their language, then laughter. I don't have to speak the language to know that they are talking about me. I try not to let it get to me, but it's frustrating. It's one thing if someone talks behind your back, it's another thing if they sit next to you, point to you, then turn to their friends and openly talk shit in their language. They know I can't understand them which is why they do it, but anyone can tell what's going on. I can't quit because I can't get another job and I really need the money. I have to deal with this every time and it's driving me insane.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja, Angst Filled Fuck Up, NumbItAll and 1 other person
porhtna

porhtna

bad rng.
Dec 1, 2021
:aw:That sounds horrible...

Reactions: Manaaja
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Maybe you could learn some witty retort in their language and casually toss it out one time. I had a similar experience as a kid in school. They actually all laughed and thought I was pretty cool after.

Reactions: thinkkank, stellabelle, rationaltake and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds very frustrating, some people can just be so awful. I wish you the best.

Reactions: Manaaja and thinkkank
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
I work with people who don't speak that much english. I tried making friends with them but that went nowhere. They always talk shit about me in their language. They point at me, then say something in their language and a bunch of them laugh. I also hear my name mentioned, followed by some words in their language, then laughter. I don't have to speak the language to know that they are talking about me. I try not to let it get to me, but it's frustrating. It's one thing if someone talks behind your back, it's another thing if they sit next to you, point to you, then turn to their friends and openly talk shit in their language. They know I can't understand them which is why they do it, but anyone can tell what's going on. I can't quit because I can't get another job and I really need the money. I have to deal with this every time and it's driving me insane.
Sounds like foodmaxx cliquesssss.

You know there's an app called Duolingo that will teach you the language at no cost?

Even before using that app, I would pick up pieces here and there.

It's sad when people don't care… they're people. Some do and some don't. People think life is a "joke" and it's not.

4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Depending on the language there are translator apps that will transcribe what others are saying. That might help you to determine what they are actually saying. Will help ensure nothing potentially malicious is going on. Overall, it is quite cowardly to talk about someone in their face in a different language. If that is what is happening.

Reactions: Manaaja and thinkkank
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Insult them in Skyrim dragon language.

• Yay!
Reactions: Manaaja
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
Depending on the language there are translator apps that will transcribe what others are saying. That might help you to determine what they are actually saying. Will help ensure nothing potentially malicious is going on. Overall, it is quite cowardly to talk about someone in their face in a different language. If that is what is happening.
that's exactly what's going on. I'll try to figure out what they're saying. I can't guarantee that I can learn the language though

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Did a trash can have a diarrhea or how are the so many trashy shits going around these days? Tell them to eat their stained diapers. Show them that they can't derive fun from you. You deserve to be treated with respect and kindness.

I have a good idea! Take a glass of piss, and "accidentally" stumble and pour it on their faces. Then say in the fakest voice ever "I'm soooo sorry. I was looking for a toilet!". Or every time that they laugh at you, point a finger at them and laugh back. They'll stop laughing, get annoyed, and whine "Why did you laugh at us?" and then continue laughing and pointing at them, they will probably get violent, you can film it and file a police report and get them kicked out of the country.

It's awful how there are so many shitheads. I wish everyone could always be friendly and nice and polite. I hate how people are prone to bully the ones who are the nicest and most polite. Your job might be something in which you help other people, so it's even more terrible that they treat you badly.

I really hope that after death there's a nice paradise where good people are rewarded. I want everyone to be friendly. It would be nice if we could all be friends together. But on this planet you have to be tougher than tough, sadly.

Reactions: thinkkank
thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
one thing that i have found helps is reminding myself that I have tasks to complete. those tasks require me to work with and under people that are unpleasant, but if I complete those tasks I get paid. If I can put up with them long enough I will get paid. in a way I am getting paid to be around them.
I can choose what's in my foreground and what's in my background. These people and their negativity are in my background and I don't pay attention to them. I choose to put positive things in my foreground and focus only on the things in my foreground.

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
that must be frustrating. I avoid making friends where I work because I don't appreciate fake relationships and don't have the energy