N

nostalgia addict

Jul 23, 2023
Was walking outside to a secluded trail area near me to stay so I could avoid the Halloween night noises, while I was walking a truck Blew past while honking their horn as loud as they could right next to me, just because they saw I had earmuffs on. Now I'm spiking The absolute worst I ever have. All the progress I made gone. I've had it. This is my final straw.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, emptymiku, Praestat_Mori and 15 others
zel

zel

Curiosity killed the cat, eh?
Oct 17, 2023
Maybe it's a long shot but I like to assume the best in people whenever possible so that I don't lose my mind: Is it possible that they were honking because they liked your outfit? Your earmuffs? Something like that..?

• Hugs
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, DyingToDie123, Lifeis_Jouissance70 and 1 other person
antler

antler

Feb 23, 2020
It sometimes does feel like you can never have a good day out here, like every little thing that could go right just drifts into going wrong somehow. Even when it's already going wrong. The person probably only saw you at the last second and freaked, scared of hitting you. At least one asshole out there wants you to keep going, i guess.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, Lifeis_Jouissance70 and zel
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Know what you mean, you might want to try using a cold cloth and carefully wash the outside before tapping it dry. Has sometimes helped me. Probably though it won't disappear before the next day at the earliest. Have had chronic tinnitus for 26 years now, for the last five it's been particularly bad, as in on speaking level. Have somewhat got used to it, but it's a nasty thing knowing one will never experience silence again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: TapeMachine, Lifeis_Jouissance70, outrider567 and 1 other person
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
Was walking outside to a secluded trail area near me to stay so I could avoid the Halloween night noises, while I was walking a truck Blew past while honking their horn as loud as they could right next to me, just because they saw I had earmuffs on. Now I'm spiking The absolute worst I ever have. All the progress I made gone. I've had it. This is my final straw.

How long have u had t? Don't come here for that, esp if it's fairly recent. U can beat it. I did. I'm here now for for other reasons.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
I've had tinnitus in my left ear for 2.5 years now. I sympathize

• Hugs
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, Lifeis_Jouissance70, outrider567 and 1 other person
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
At first had it on one ear only too (was due to a broken headphone only working on one side), eventually got it in stereo. It's better, you know... :notsure:

• Hugs
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
PM me if u like. I wd like to help ppl with it because i know how horrible T can be. Actually i hate talking about it because it makes me think of it again and... But i want to help ppl with it if i can.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70, voyager and Engström
Engström

Engström

hyvää yötä ♊︎
Oct 27, 2023
Maybe it's a long shot but I like to assume the best in people whenever possible so that I don't lose my mind: Is it possible that they were honking because they liked your outfit? Your earmuffs? Something like that..?

Or maybe driver saw the earmuffs and thought "Shit, I hope they hear me approaching.." and didn't want to risk hitting OP with their truck?

I'm imagining this as an 18 wheeler.

Where I live, people take sick pleasure in coal rolling - especially on pedestrians, drivers of convertibles, cyclists, etc.

It's absolutely awful.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, Lifeis_Jouissance70 and zel
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Why is it that people with vehicles are such pricks to pedestrians? I was walking around the neighbourhood once and these two assholes on bikes kept riding past and making fun of me. One time I was walking to the store and two women drove past, one stuck her head out the car window and yelled "TRAMP" at me (for those unfamiliar, that's basically them calling me a bum).
They already have vehicles, which means they can get to places faster and can endanger our lives easily, and now they do this shit on top of it??
Fuck 'em.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Lifeis_Jouissance70, Engström and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Why is it that people with vehicles are such pricks to pedestrians? I was walking around the neighbourhood once and these two assholes on bikes kept riding past and making fun of me. One time I was walking to the store and two women drove past, one stuck her head out the car window and yelled "TRAMP" at me (for those unfamiliar, that's basically them calling me a bum).
They already have vehicles, which means they can get to places faster and can endanger our lives easily, and now they do this shit on top of it??
Fuck 'em.

not speaking about you but the pedestrians (and cyclists) in my area basically beg for people to hate them. people will walk in the bike lane/on the road, bike on the sidewalk or the middle of the road, blow out in front of cars. then wonder why we get pissed off when its their own stupidity. just stay in your place and be safe.

as for OP i completely agree with the ignorance/arrogance of others. theres this really triggering song on the radio (multiple actually),, just as i turned my radio off someone pulled up beside me blasting it. i couldnt just hear the tune, i could hear it word for word. i wish people would be more considerate of others but no one gives a fuck.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, tiger b and Lifeis_Jouissance70
N

nostalgia addict

Jul 23, 2023
It
Or maybe driver saw the earmuffs and thought "Shit, I hope they hear me approaching.." and didn't want to risk hitting OP with their truck?

I'm imagining this as an 18 wheeler.

Where I live, people take sick pleasure in coal rolling - especially on pedestrians, drivers of convertibles, cyclists, etc.

It's absolutely awful.
It wasn't that kind of truck, just a pickup truck, I was on the sidewalk walking not in the road, it was a group of teenagers
Fuck 'em.
I think people are like that in general, just that it's an easy targeting opportunity to be an asshole to pedestrians while you're in a car

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70 and Engström
Engström

Engström

hyvää yötä ♊︎
Oct 27, 2023
It

It wasn't that kind of truck, just a pickup truck, I was on the sidewalk walking not in the road, it was a group of teenagers

I think people are like that in general, just that it's an easy targeting opportunity to be an asshole to pedestrians while you're in a car

So many assholes out there. I'm sorry this happened to you, @nostalgia addict - I was hoping it might be someone just trying to be courteous and/or safe but no.

Smh.

Reactions: voyager and Lifeis_Jouissance70
S

shatteredlife

Dec 10, 2022
Do the earmuffs make some kind of noise to drown out your tinitus? I would go crazy in just regular earmuffs to block out noise leaving me with nothing but this ringing and humming. Mine never goes away. I have to have noise or my tinitus gets louder. I actually always have to have a fan running and that doesn't always work.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: annointed_towers, voyager and Lifeis_Jouissance70
Lifeis_Jouissance70

Lifeis_Jouissance70

Come, sweet death
Oct 25, 2023
Ive had really bad tinnitus for 1 year, after that it was at the worst, this didnt happen for nothing I was dealing with crap irl so Id blast music in my ears to drown out the negativity. But it just caused my ears to be damaged even worse, now I've been dealing with this tinnitus for a total of 6 years. Worst thing ever... I mean its truly up there on the worst, and a valid reason for me wanting ctb, I still fear failing ctb so I cant attempt it.. Im truly too dumb to even ctb properly.
A noise no one can hear, but its there and its loud and painful. I try my best to ignore it as much as possible. Im sorry you had to deal with such ignorant people like the ones in that truck.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: annointed_towers and voyager
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
Do the earmuffs make some kind of noise to drown out your tinitus? I would go crazy in just regular earmuffs to block out noise leaving me with nothing but this ringing and humming. Mine never goes away. I have to have noise or my tinitus gets louder. I actually always have to have a fan running and that doesn't always work.
I've heard that hearing aids can be adjusted to produce a white noise to counter some people's tinnitus frequency.
Ive had really had bad tinnitus for 1 year, after that it was at the worst, this didnt happen for nothing I was dealing with crap irl so Id blast music in my ears to drown out the negativity. But it just caused my ears to be damaged even worse, now I've been dealing with this tinnitus for a total of 6 years. Worst thing ever... I mean its truly up there on the worst, and a valid reason for me wanting ctb, I still fear failing ctb so I cant attempt it.. Im truly too dumb to even ctb properly.
A noise no one can hear, but its there and its loud and painful. I try my best to ignore it as much as possible. Im sorry you had to deal with such ignorant people like the ones in that truck.
Feel you, it is one of my main physical reasons too. But the part you wrote there about "a noise no one can hear", apart from blood pressure/physical issues, that is indeed very much the case and yet no one (!) disputes that these sounds are real, but when one reasons on suicide one is considered deranged and it's all delusional. How does that even make sense?!

• Hugs
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's so horrible how other people can very easily make existing even more unbearable, humans truly are the worst species. It's certainly such a hellish existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
They probably just wanted to warn you so you wouldn't cross the road without looking. Truck drivers can be creepy though, so maybe it was done maliciously like you think. I am sorry to hear about this event though. Please get better! Take care.