slaholi

slaholi

Apr 4, 2020
I was in a chat server and they were discussing how hard suicide is because of our natural instinct to 'want to live'. How someone shouldn't feel ashamed for feeling afraid to die. And how that's a good thing, because it's something you want to be 100% sure about.
We discussed things like meds & alcohol as a way of numbing yourself enough to go through with it.
Someone also said unless you really have nothing left in life, you're never really ready to die. I guess that makes sense, to a certain degree.
But I can't help but wish I were braver, less afraid of death, and more certain of uncertainty.

I'm not certain, not yet because part of me still clings on to what comes next. It's like a book I want to put down but I just. Feel stuck.
I know having hope isn't a bad thing, but for me it really is a detriment because when even when I've come to terms with everything else, I still have my human tendency to cling on, when I don't want to anymore. It's like self sabotage.

Our entire nature and the very core of our existence is centered on the fact that we care about everything, our lives, others, but often I wish I could let go of that part of myself for a second and embrace the uncertainty of not knowing what comes next.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NekoNomNom, Erase.myself, darkhorse256 and 5 others
L

LifeAfterDeath00

Oct 11, 2019
I don't think being 100% determined is even possible, we need to find peace in the acceptance of death, only then will we truly find calm.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
darkhorse256

darkhorse256

Student
Mar 10, 2020
I don't have the courage to CTB yet because I still care about 2 people in my life. I'm fairly certain that my death will destroy them so I keep holding on. I'm barely clinging onto life as it is and I don't think it will ever get better but I can't even CTB because I lack the courage to do so, knowing how it will affect my loved ones. I wish I could just forget about how they would feel and CTB because life is a living hell right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Erase.myself
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
Overcoming SI is a challenge for everyone ... Its not jut you. Its the toughest decision of ur life ... So its bound to be hard. Intact majority of us are still here becoz of SI and some glimmer of hope ( I guess) else it would have already been lights off by now ...

Reactions: Outsider and LifeAfterDeath00
Una

Una

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Feb 28, 2020
A long time ago someone said that if you stare in the abyss long enough, it will stare back at you.
It does. Then it smiles ... eventually 'it' become the only 'thing' that smiles at you. The only 'thing' that sees you.
Then you smile back.

• Love
Reactions: Ἡγησίας