N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
When I see them in the news I always think I did not have the courage they have. I think they are doing a very important job. But it is so dangerous. But not only in war countries I have read many journalists get killed in Mexico daily.

I would not do this job. My biggest fear would be PTSD. I don't have this condition but also a lot of other conditions but I am scared about PTSD. When something horrible happens and you experience it first hand your brain can be traumatized forever. I think the chances of becoming mentally ill as a war journalist is probably not that low.

But reporting about war crimes is so important.

Last edited:
Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
If you still think world events are important, then you're not ready to die yet. Only when you understand that nothing matters can you jump into the void.

Reactions: SuicidallyCurious
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I have thought about this, too. Same with other high-risk work - even being a cop. But having PTSD to begin with means that despite being utterly disposable, I am kind of useless even at that.

S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
If you still think world events are important, then you're not ready to die yet. Only when you understand that nothing matters can you jump into the void.

"Breaking news : something dysfunctional happened somewhere , you should care about it even though it's obvious none of this matters because the universe ends anyway. Please keep watching our media so someone in New York can get rich"

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Weebster