E

Eegretfrex

Oct 13, 2023
Many users, even the majority I would say have some "anime" character as their profile pic.
What can be the explanation for this?
Are "anime" fans more likely to be suicidal?

Last edited:
Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture, MeltingBrain, Jarni and 2 others
Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
Many users, even the majority I would say have some "anime" character as their profile pic.
It is called Gen Z

• Yay!
Reactions: babychicken🐥 and DrearyAsh348
DrearyAsh348

DrearyAsh348

May 8, 2023
Omg this actually made me laugh. So true!

I'm torn between changing my pfp to an anime one to fit in and leaving it blank because I really don't know anime like that.

• Yay!
Reactions: secretsfromthecity and Eegretfrex
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Ofcourse not. It's just what loads of young people enjoy.

Probably the same as collecting popstar pictures in the 80"s

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, mediocre and DrearyAsh348
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Anime fans may be more likely to be secluded, thus leading to depression and eventual suicidal ideation.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, secretsfromthecity, DrearyAsh348 and 2 others
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Omg this actually made me laugh. So true!

I'm torn between changing my pfp to an anime one to fit in and leaving it blank because I really don't know anime like that.
Just change it to some picture you like! :) It doesn't have to be anime! lol. and just wondering, how come you haven't changed it yet? :)

Anime fans may be more likely to be secluded, thus leading to depression and eventual suicidal ideation.
too true! >_<

• Love
Reactions: DrearyAsh348
dumbgirlonline

dumbgirlonline

Nighty Night Princess
Sep 30, 2023
I just set mine as a character I rlly like, though I have heard this before haha. I've been thinking about changing it though, just don't know what to

SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
I'd give you pretty much the same answer I gave you on this thread.
Anime and manga can become an addiction and addictions can make life really hard.
But saying that anime fans in general are more inclined to be suicidal, would just make no sense.
Maybe some of them will be, but not because of anime - because they have an addiction that they can not control.

Reactions: Eegretfrex
リンさん

リンさん

Rina • she/her, lesbian
Sep 9, 2023
Couple of things

1. Anime as a whole became a lot more popular with newer generations. It also became less taboo to watch. There are so many things anime these days, branching out into games, literature etc.
2. Because most titles target a younger audience, they will have themes that resonate with teens and young adults. Humans like things they can relate to.
3. Young adults and teens are categories of people who are online the most. Especially gen z, who grew up with full access pretty much since birth.
4. Usually the logic behind choosing a pfp is picking something you like. Which for a lot of people is anime stuff.

I doubt I'd be less suicidal had I picked shows with real humans or games with non anime characters as my entertainment of choice. Hell, I don't even watch anime these days anyway lol.

• Hugs
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
So pets lovers too.... :-) In general on internet for the pfp it is always anime or pets or flowers.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I did watch anime a while ago but my pfp is a video game character actually. It is just anime styled and anime of said game exists as well.