Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
My life has been reduced to nothing. My chronic fatigue is so severe I can barely get out of bed. I spend all day in a dizzy, foggy haze, stumbling through one or two basic daily chores briefly just to go lie down again and try to focus on the computer screen long enough to get through a youtube video.

I am a huge burden to my family who have to support me as I do not qualify for any type of independent financial assistance. I have no friends or job and am unable to work the modicum of rideshare gig work I was doing until fairly recently.

I exist in a surreal relationship where my gf lives her own life and goes off on trips and nights out doing God knows what. I don't ask because I don't want to hear any potentially ugly truths. I am unable to form new connections because I have nothing to offer and can't partake in anything, or else I screw it up just by being me. You can be disabled and still be a not-so-great person. In fact I sometimes wonder if that sometimes makes people more callous, because they feel they have less to lose than the average Joe or Jane who tries to keep up appearances and does things by the book because, you know, that's how it's supposed to be. It's much easier to be conscientious and decent when you're functional.

My condition has deteriorated badly this year. There is no way out of this. There is no future for me because things continue to get worse and I simply can't function. It's like knowing I'm stuck in the equivalent of a wheelchair, although admittedly it's not quite that bad. But when you can hardly move or do anything without it being super unpleasant and paying a massive physical price, I suppose the feeling must be similar.

Up until this year, I tried to make an effort. But now I'm starting to see the pointlessness. I can't achieve anything on my own merit and everything is becoming more of an uphill battle. I have no value and no ability to draw in anything positive. I can't make it on my own and nothing is coming to save me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, CTB Dream, Wojaczek and 4 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I sufferd from chronic fatigure for a couple of years. I started, for no obvious reason, after I had an operation. I was lucky, and after about 18 months, the severity began to gradually decrease. Now, 10 years later, I'm almost free of it. (It does come back sometimes, but not often, not nearly as badly, and when it recurs it only lasts a few days.) I think the prognosis for this condition (or "these conditions" - it's unclear whether all chronic fatigue is the same disease) is very unpredictable. You might contnue to get worse, or things might start to improve. If you are certain things won't improve, it may indeed be time to give up. But before you do that, it might be a good idea to get an opinion from a doctor who specializes in chronic fatigue about how much of a chance you have of making a recovery. (My experince shows that it is possible, but it doesn't show how likely it is.) Th only advice I can give you for managing the codnition is not to push yourself. Do as little as you can consistent with survival. (I watched a lot of second rate movies from the 1950s, because they didn't require either physical or mental effort.) Get as much sleep as you can. Both those things helped me. Good luck.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, CTB Dream and Angst Filled Fuck Up
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Shot in the dark here but I wonder if a creatine supplement is worth trying for that. It helps deliver energy to cells which is great for athletic performance but theoretically should have other benefits as well. There's an ongoing study for its effects on chronic fatigue but it doesn't conclude until December. Sorry if that is an annoying suggestion as I am sure you have tried everything and researched everything by now. It sounds incredibly frustrating. I hope somehow things can improve even though it looks bleak now. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream, Angst Filled Fuck Up and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Angst, no... I hoped things had gotten better. It sounds proper hellish. So sorry...
Shot in the dark here but I wonder if a creatine supplement is worth trying for that. It helps deliver energy to cells which is great for athletic performance but theoretically should have other benefits as well. There's an ongoing study for its effects on chronic fatigue but it doesn't conclude until December. Sorry if that is an annoying suggestion as I am sure you have tried everything and researched everything by now. It sounds incredibly frustrating. I hope somehow things can improve even though it looks bleak now. :(
I remember the years I spent reading supplement reviews claiming this or that thing cured or improved their symptoms. Nothing ever helped me. Except chinese dick pills, these were very good aphrodisiacs! My respects, Dr Lin.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: CTB Dream and Angst Filled Fuck Up
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Vry sry know how have chroni have illne have injury damage, noable funct this world cruel want force me suffr etc rly awful world. Know how othr disabl callous this unfrtnt human bhv vry awful. This me ni life cmptbl v undrstnd

• Hugs
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, rationaltake and unnormal9
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I am sorry. I feel I can relate. I don't have any meaningful advice, but I am still sorry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and CTB Dream