Josiah_is_dreaming13

Josiah_is_dreaming13

Aug 19, 2020
Hey. Ever since i lost the only people I cared about, I've only had one desire. And it's to be successful enough/famous enough to get them to regret treating me like I wasn't good enough.

But I've been doing some soul searching and its come to me that I'm not good at anything.

Like, at all. Or at least, I'm not good at anything that can make me enough money to become famous. And at this point I've lost hope. I don't care for a life of mediocrity and sideways glances. Mediocrity won't get them back! 21 an hour isn't enough! I'm angry because I want more! I'm depressed because I want more! I'm suicidal because I want more...

And I don't know how to get it.

I don't know how to get where I wanna be. I'm 18, and I've lost all hope that I can do it. Right now, I'm just a loser, with nobody who cares about him. And why would they? Why would anybody love me as I am. I don't feel worthy of love. I don't feel worthy of living.

Thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
You're only 18. You still have a chance to accomplish your dreams, don't give up it's too early.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Myforevercharlie, Josiah_is_dreaming13 and 1 other person
F

fat feet

Throw away.
Sep 1, 2020
Hey. Ever since i lost the only people I cared about, I've only had one desire. And it's to be successful enough/famous enough to get them to regret treating me like I wasn't good enough.

But I've been doing some soul searching and its come to me that I'm not good at anything.

Like, at all. Or at least, I'm not good at anything that can make me enough money to become famous. And at this point I've lost hope. I don't care for a life of mediocrity and sideways glances. Mediocrity won't get them back! 21 an hour isn't enough! I'm angry because I want more! I'm depressed because I want more! I'm suicidal because I want more...

And I don't know how to get it.

I don't know how to get where I wanna be. I'm 18, and I've lost all hope that I can do it. Right now, I'm just a loser, with nobody who cares about him. And why would they? Why would anybody love me as I am. I don't feel worthy of love. I don't feel worthy of living.

Thanks.
Twenty one dollars an hour at eighteen years old is a massive amount of money considering you likely still live at home. (even if you do not) Learn how to be a great saver and learn how to make your money grow. That could be an amazing talent that will give you a lot of clout in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Jojo81
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Get into finance/commerce or coding/IT if you're going to college. That's where the world is headed.

Also it can't be stated enough: people you cared about in high school will NOT matter in the long run. You all go your separate ways, branch out and meet other people and eventually the rat race/your career/money dominates your life.

If you're rattled because some people from high school ditched you I promise you it doesn't matter AT ALL.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and fat feet
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Right now, I'm just a loser, with nobody who cares about him. And why would they?
Why not though?
You're upset that you don't think you can become rich and famous, yet the core of the problem seems to be that you don't think people care about you. But do you really think the only people anyone cares about are the rich and famous? I am pretty sure there are millions if not billions of average Joes that have significant others, friends, families, all kinds of social connections to people that care. You don't need to make tons of money to get that. Even more than that, the one downside of being really rich and/or famous is that those people can never really tell who actually genuinely cares about them and likes them as a person, and who couldn't care less and only sticks around for money and clout. So making tons of money would actually make it more difficult for you to feel like people care.

Maybe you imagine that if you'll rich and famous, all of the gazillion people that would follow you on social media would care about you and that the kind of attention you crave. But let's be realistic, would they really? People that follow Kylie Jenner on social media don't care about Kylie Jenner, they are mildly entertained by observing her, like an animal in the zoo. I'm sure over a half of them would be even more amused if they see her fail spectacularly.

Getting really wealthy will take a lot of hard work and I think that considering your reasons for wanting that, you might be disappointed once you get there. You want more, but it seems to me it's not exactly more of money. Let's ask a different question - what would make you feel like people care? That might be achieved a lot easier than fame and fortune.

Reactions: Ybother, fat feet, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person