0xdobalina

0xdobalina

Aug 29, 2023
I had a normal life until 2018-20. A comfy 6 figure job, wife, house, cars etc. lived in London, rich social life. Popular guy, in great shape.

Little did anyone know I had a crippling gambling addiction manifesting in trading.

I made a bunch of money in crypto in 2015-7. In 2018 started trading and became addicted. I was having marital issues and have a history of compulsive behaviours (eating, exercise, shopping, gambling) dating back to my teens. I lost everything, got into credit card debt and then embezzled from my employer. I lost my wife and home. I was so narcissistic, I blamed it all on my marriage. My family helped to replace what I'd taken. I carried on working, and moved into a new place in mid 2020. I was in some debt but it wasn't totally disastrous, I just lost all the equity in the house to my ex wife.

But still I couldn't stop. One day in December 2020 I had to tell my boss what I'd done.

Since then life has been a living hell. Again my family helped replace what I'd taken. I had to move back in with my parents. I narrowly avoided prison thanks to them. And then I went to rehab. I came out of rehab in delusional optimism and started applying for jobs, being candid about what I'd done. Needless to say, I didn't get very far. Ultimately I had to declare myself bankrupt.

I tried to start trading in some kind of sobriety. It was going reasonably well for a while.

Then last October I met a girl online. I hadn't been with anyone since 2020, and was desperate for connection and intimacy. And in her I found it, in spades. She was Lithuanian, which worked for me, long distance was no problem, in fact while I was at my parents it was ideal. I fell deeply in love with her, even though it was toxic and inconsistent, she felt amazing to me. But it didn't work out. She saw I was depressed and didn't understand why. I hadn't told her about the embezzlement or bankruptcy at that point. Really it all ended in March when she saw how depressed I was around my birthday. But we kept talking and I went to see her in early July, where she told me it was over within 10 minutes of meeting her having flown 1600km to see her.

I was destroyed. She was the only good thing in my life and gave me an anchor to build a reality around. I came back and blew up my trading account that week. Started on antidepressants soon after that. They've helped me to get out of bed. But I just feel numb, and there are still many moments of intense pain.

I have absolutely nothing. I have a few friends who reach out and care. But beyond that I have no future. I'm borderline unemployable because of what I did, and having been out of work for almost 3 years. I have no marketable skills. I have no way of creating a future I want to live. I am 40 years old.

The emotional pain I'm in is excruciating. Stronger than anything physical I've ever felt. I captured a picture of myself in a moment of struggle and it's honestly frightening.

With access to an easy method I'd have CTB many times over by now. I've considered CO by charcoal but the possibility of getting it wrong and ending up with brain damage frightens me. But I got as far as finding a location to drive to. Once I went shopping for materials. I found it oddly amusing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ayaneechan, pole, kunikuzushi and 3 others
Death is my goal

Death is my goal

pathetic failure
Aug 25, 2022
damn you really fucked your life.. sorry man

strawberry_lemons

strawberry_lemons

Feel free to contact me <3
Aug 29, 2023
I know what i say is meaningless as i am just another stranger behind a screen but i am so sorry you have been through all this and through it all the fact you have made it till now is a sign that in some way you are brave. i wish you every luck and good thing in the time you have left. i hope that for if only a moment you may feel happiness again. <3

Reactions: cracklingroses and 0xdobalina
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
It's okay, don't regret the past, everyone makes mistakes

Reactions: jussrav, 0xdobalina and tpboy
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
You are not the only one that made a lot of bad decisions that landed them here. I am with you as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: jussrav and 0xdobalina
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
I hope your suffering comes to an end and you manage to find peace OP.. I'm so sorry the world has brought you here.

Reactions: 0xdobalina
0xdobalina

0xdobalina

Aug 29, 2023
Thank you for the replies.

I don't want to die.

But I have nothing to live for any more.

I wish there was a way out of this mess. But there isn't. So what choice do I have but to CTB.
It's okay, don't regret the past, everyone makes mistakes
It's less about regretting the past now, and more about realising I have no future.

Last edited:
Z

Zaphkiel

IDK
May 13, 2023
I don't want to die.

It's sad and even more sadder that most of the people here, including me, feels the same way.
I hope you find a way to recover anyway, and wishou all the best whatever you choose.

0xdobalina

0xdobalina

Aug 29, 2023
It's sad and even more sadder that most of the people here, including me, feels the same way.
I hope you find a way to recover anyway, and wishou all the best whatever you choose.
It is sad. I'm going to push on for now. Once that decision is made there's no going back. I'm aware that a lot of my pain right now is from the breakup, and that will heal.

• Hugs
Reactions: ihatethisplanet
Zyrus

Zyrus

Existing.
Aug 30, 2023

I don't want to die.

I wish there was a way out of this mess. But there isn't. So what choice do I have but to CTB.

It's less about regretting the past now, and more about realising I have no future.
Im really sorry to hear that. I hope you will find some new reasons to live for and keep on going. Stay strong out there !

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't want to die.

It's a very similar situation here and CTB is inevitable bc there is no other way to end my suffering. I hope you can find peace, whatever you decide to do.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I had a normal life until 2018-20. A comfy 6 figure job, wife, house, cars etc. lived in London, rich social life. Popular guy, in great shape.

Little did anyone know I had a crippling gambling addiction manifesting in trading.

I made a bunch of money in crypto in 2015-7. In 2018 started trading and became addicted. I was having marital issues and have a history of compulsive behaviours (eating, exercise, shopping, gambling) dating back to my teens. I lost everything, got into credit card debt and then embezzled from my employer. I lost my wife and home. I was so narcissistic, I blamed it all on my marriage. My family helped to replace what I'd taken. I carried on working, and moved into a new place in mid 2020. I was in some debt but it wasn't totally disastrous, I just lost all the equity in the house to my ex wife.

But still I couldn't stop. One day in December 2020 I had to tell my boss what I'd done.

Since then life has been a living hell. Again my family helped replace what I'd taken. I had to move back in with my parents. I narrowly avoided prison thanks to them. And then I went to rehab. I came out of rehab in delusional optimism and started applying for jobs, being candid about what I'd done. Needless to say, I didn't get very far. Ultimately I had to declare myself bankrupt.

I tried to start trading in some kind of sobriety. It was going reasonably well for a while.

Then last October I met a girl online. I hadn't been with anyone since 2020, and was desperate for connection and intimacy. And in her I found it, in spades. She was Lithuanian, which worked for me, long distance was no problem, in fact while I was at my parents it was ideal. I fell deeply in love with her, even though it was toxic and inconsistent, she felt amazing to me. But it didn't work out. She saw I was depressed and didn't understand why. I hadn't told her about the embezzlement or bankruptcy at that point. Really it all ended in March when she saw how depressed I was around my birthday. But we kept talking and I went to see her in early July, where she told me it was over within 10 minutes of meeting her having flown 1600km to see her.

I was destroyed. She was the only good thing in my life and gave me an anchor to build a reality around. I came back and blew up my trading account that week. Started on antidepressants soon after that. They've helped me to get out of bed. But I just feel numb, and there are still many moments of intense pain.

I have absolutely nothing. I have a few friends who reach out and care. But beyond that I have no future. I'm borderline unemployable because of what I did, and having been out of work for almost 3 years. I have no marketable skills. I have no way of creating a future I want to live. I am 40 years old.

The emotional pain I'm in is excruciating. Stronger than anything physical I've ever felt. I captured a picture of myself in a moment of struggle and it's honestly frightening.

With access to an easy method I'd have CTB many times over by now. I've considered CO by charcoal but the possibility of getting it wrong and ending up with brain damage frightens me. But I got as far as finding a location to drive to. Once I went shopping for materials. I found it oddly amusing.
Yeah I was a daytrader in stocks(pink sheet and bulletin board stocks)from 1999 to 2015, made a lot of money the first year with the internet stock craze, paid off my mortgage in year 2000, but the other half of the money I made went down to zero, and got into credit card debt, but my credit score is perfect now(828 on Experian)because 8 years ago I just stopped trading, it was just a phase in life

ihatethisplanet

ihatethisplanet

Jun 21, 2023

I don't want to die.

I'm so sorry, and totally get not wanting to die yet having nothing to live for. My husband and I are in the midst of a divorce and my life is just over now. He changed a lot over the last few years but I'm not entirely innocent. I thought we could work it out, but he is totally unaffected, just happily chatting to friends and going out while I sit home ruminating over and over.

I'm 47 and know there's no way I'd meet anyone again. My friend circle is very small because everyone besides me is busy 24/7.

Just know you're not alone and you don't have to make rash decisions. Hugs to you.

• Hugs
Reactions: KillerIsMe, 0xdobalina and Praestat_Mori
0xdobalina

0xdobalina

Aug 29, 2023
I'm so sorry, and totally get not wanting to die yet having nothing to live for. My husband and I are in the midst of a divorce and my life is just over now. He changed a lot over the last few years but I'm not entirely innocent. I thought we could work it out, but he is totally unaffected, just happily chatting to friends and going out while I sit home ruminating over and over.

I'm 47 and know there's no way I'd meet anyone again. My friend circle is very small because everyone besides me is busy 24/7.

Just know you're not alone and you don't have to make rash decisions. Hugs to you.
You can meet someone. At any stage of life. I know it's harder being female but at 47+ guys aren't going to be looking to have kids any more. Hugs to you too.

B

BornByGhosts

wants to overcome Sports Illustrated
Mar 3, 2023
It sounds like you used all your get out of jail free cards and want to ctb.

I hope you can give yourself some tough love and bounce back. it doesn't sound like you want to die.

Reactions: tpboy and 0xdobalina
0xdobalina

0xdobalina

Aug 29, 2023
It sounds like you used all your get out of jail free cards and want to ctb.

I hope you can give yourself some tough love and bounce back. it doesn't sound like you want to die.
Thank you. You're right, I don't. Though had I had easy means I may have done it by now

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Questn -- u spnt sme tme in rehab bt hve u recevd n.e propr ongoin addictn therpy 2 lk fr th/ undrlyng reasns fr ur addictn

Mny gd thngs cn stll happn aftr 40 bt u probbly nd sme mre spport & pssbly a dffrnt typ of wrk thn tradng -- = lke b-ing an alcholic bar-tendr

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
KillerIsMe

KillerIsMe

Aug 26, 2023
People have come back from worse.
That said, I understand the desperation and the feeling that you might not want to bother coming back.