lady sea

lady sea

the sea is my string of hope
Feb 24, 2019
I have no motivation for anything. I told my mom that I don't go to my classes and I only go to school because of my girlfriend since it's one of the only times i get to see her and i also told her that my grades are HORRIBLE, i don't even have the energy to do that things i most love like painting or drawing and i'm normally so good at school but i don't know what's happening and she doesn't understand that i need help. She keeps saying that i need mental help but she doesn't go through with anything... will she realize that i need help when it's too late?

TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Any chance you could get help on your own from a guidance counselor?

lady sea

lady sea

the sea is my string of hope
Feb 24, 2019
Any chance you could get help on your own from a guidance counselor?
the school counselors are (not to sound rude) trash. my friend went to them for help once and all they did was say she'll be fine and later on it turns out my friend had multiple things wrong and was not "fine" so no i wouldn't trust them but i will go to them if this gets really bad

• Hugs
Reactions: TowerUpright
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Also, many counties have mental health services as well, and not necessarily just for people actively contemplating suicide. Might be worth a shot....

Good luck and keep us posted.

Reactions: lady sea
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
You're not motivated because you're depressed. Can't you find yourself a good therapist and a psychiatrist and start talking about your problems? And I wouldn't wait until it gets really bad. It sounds bad enough right now to get the help that you need.

Last edited:
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
Man..do I understand that.

Get help please. You'll end up spiraling quicker than you realize.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I have no motivation for anything. I told my mom that I don't go to my classes and I only go to school because of my girlfriend since it's one of the only times i get to see her and i also told her that my grades are HORRIBLE, i don't even have the energy to do that things i most love like painting or drawing and i'm normally so good at school but i don't know what's happening and she doesn't understand that i need help. She keeps saying that i need mental help but she doesn't go through with anything... will she realize that i need help when it's too late?
It's probably because u don't know what to be motivated for. If there is not something challenging or meaningful enough but still within reach to aim for, u won't be motivated. The things u can aim for while young like u are is to learn about economics and financial literacy. That's something most of us are not educated about to our detriment as we get older and have never learned to invest or be good at.

That could pay off if u get educated on that stuff young b4 u make disasterous decisions that enslave u financially in the future. Learn about avoiding debt. Long term meaning comes from satisfying career, marriage and kids, religious affiliation, community involvement. If u don't have at least a couple of these areas u will not be happy I guess. Nowadays it's more common for people to not have even one of these areas.

Oh and don't worry about your school grades that has no bearing whatsoever on your ability to succeed or achieve a happy life. School is not there to help u succeed at least not under a government. It's only there to make it appear like they are actually teaching u. School is mainly about compliance and obedience not to determine if u are actually able to think or do anything productive once u get out of there.

You don't need mental help, u just need to get through the crappy gov schooling even many private schools suck too. Trust me I had the same issues and the real problem was that I wasn't engaged in school, I was bored and it was hard to pay attention because I hated the whole environment. Just get through as best as u can and don't worry about how u are doing in there. It will get better once you are out. Definitely start reading books on how to find the right type of work, I recommend Aaron Clarey's books a lot for young pple trying to figure out what to do.

Last edited: